I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fisherman Fizz

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hue man View Post
fizz + W and machete, go atkspeed quints
fast clear time, ad fizz coming out of the jungle with triforce, GG
Why not just go AP? You clear in 3:48 with an AP setup and you would scale better. The only reason you build him AD now is because you build Philo + HoG and gank all the time and don't get enough gold or experience to properly build AP.

Kryptozombie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Kur

Bullettime7

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by serverny JR View Post
So according to Morello junglers MUST afk farm after 11 minute mark to get any real benefit from new jungle.

As a jungler main ill ragequit from LOL if jungle gold doesnt get boost Riot promiced.
Playing gold-item-stacking junglers god boring in season 2, and i dont see how new changes will make carry-junglers even remotely viable.

But "hello i got platinum badge" Morello believes its ok for junglers to afk farm after 11 minute mark to get miniscule benefit from new jungle scaling gold.
Not going as severe as rage quitting myself but this does suck for those of us who almost exclusively play jungle and really got our hopes up for the new jungle given what they told us.

We got told jungle difficulty was increasing but the rewards were increasing so that farm heavy junglers could stay competitive. What we actually got was lane gold getting nerfed so jungle gold income didn't feel so crappy, staying at the same income as S2 but with stronger creeps. This means that the whole thing about "carry junglers" being more an option and being able to farm up the items they need won't be reality.

We got told one of the main reasons for the new jungle and the gold/camp changes was to encourage people to play farm and control junglers instead of camping bushes for kill gold. What we actually got was a state where gank junglers are stronger picks than ever before as farm junglers can't actually reap the benefits of the new jungle until after 11 minutes, a point in which you might not have jungle access for much longer and a point when your carries start taking your jungle for supplemental income. That last bit is now encouraged even more with the camps giving more gold at the point when carries start farming them.

There's almost no reason to not take a gank jungler in the new jungle as the farm heavy junglers don't see the changes intended for them until the point where it's too late and they lose their jungle creeps. A point where carries take the jungle and map/objective control becomes more important then farming,

Icraig33

11-18-2012

Anyone tested out Pantheon in the new jungle?

DanTheSexy

11-18-2012

So the hype that you didn't have to build GP5 support/junglers in the jungle is fake? I'm sad now. I wanted to play champs who are good with gold. :/

NEOtheONE

11-18-2012

Honestly, I am not the least bit thrilled for season 3 jungle. I'm ticked off that I am pigeonholed into buying a jungler specific item that in no way benefits anything other than jungling. Level 1 invades are going to make junglers absolutely irrelevant or at least put them so far behind that they will struggle the whole game to catch up. At any point after getting blue or red buff most junglers are going to be easy targets for first blood. Udyr, Warwick, and Nunu are just going to shyt on all the other junglers because of their ability to maintain higher health.

2 Swainz

11-18-2012

How are AP junglers like Diana and Fiddle doing in the new jungle? I can't get on the PBE without crashing so I can't test them out for my self.

Brisingr

11-18-2012

Put more gold in the jungle, stonewall should be getting around 3200 gold on his 11 min clear

ReluctantFantasy

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We also decreased lane minion gold, meaning most laners will see similar gold, but the difference in 30 CS won't be as big between players. This will also open up more cross-lane ganking.

The thing is these numbers are easy to adjust, and our expectation is that we'll be changing things a lot after it comes out. Not day-1 (as learning curve is a factor and I don't trust a first-day analysis due to low exposure), but we'll be pretty aggressive.

Can confirm this, teams that roam naturally snowball really hard in this patch

A Bronze V Noob

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
that is some broken s*it