I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tryphikik

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We also decreased lane minion gold, meaning most laners will see similar gold, but the difference in 30 CS won't be as big between players. This will also open up more cross-lane ganking.

The thing is these numbers are easy to adjust, and our expectation is that we'll be changing things a lot after it comes out. Not day-1 (as learning curve is a factor and I don't trust a first-day analysis due to low exposure), but we'll be pretty aggressive.
Isn't increasing ambient gold and lowering minion gold... just a way to make skill less of a factor. I really don't get that change, If cs is worth less than that is one less way for skill to shine through and create a separation in item level.

ImRecordingYou

11-18-2012

With the Machette he actually clears faster than most other champions and he can do double golems without problems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx7r6thSalE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Dad View Post
ww been so nerfed he really wont jungle very well is my bet, they gutted his sustain so bad over time this last round was terrible choice by riot. WW is pretty much poop.

Ragnar Draconus

11-18-2012

So in other words, the talk about getting junglers more gold was a big load of BS. What in the world are you even trying to do? I just don't see the point.

Taliesin

11-18-2012

Fully expecting an S2-start type jungle. Riot always hedges their bets on the cautious side :/

serverny JR

11-18-2012

So according to Morello junglers MUST afk farm after 11 minute mark to get any real benefit from new jungle.

As a jungler main ill ragequit from LOL if jungle gold doesnt get boost Riot promiced.
Playing gold-item-stacking junglers god boring in season 2, and i dont see how new changes will make carry-junglers even remotely viable.

But "hello i got platinum badge" Morello believes its ok for junglers to afk farm after 11 minute mark to get miniscule benefit from new jungle scaling gold.

Duke Br0heimer

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworksummonr View Post
How does Trundle do in the new jungle?

He was the reason I am a bit interested in starting to jungle and PBE queue had been insane for the past couple days so i haven't gotten to try.

Slow clear? Fast clear? Bad sustain? Good Sustain?
Decent clear time, great sustain.

If anything, Trundle will be better in the new jungle.

Nerdfighter

11-18-2012

i am curious to see the new counter jungle

The Hue man

11-18-2012

fizz + W and machete, go atkspeed quints
fast clear time, ad fizz coming out of the jungle with triforce, GG

RapZero

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We also decreased lane minion gold, meaning most laners will see similar gold, but the difference in 30 CS won't be as big between players. This will also open up more cross-lane ganking.

The thing is these numbers are easy to adjust, and our expectation is that we'll be changing things a lot after it comes out. Not day-1 (as learning curve is a factor and I don't trust a first-day analysis due to low exposure), but we'll be pretty aggressive.
How much smaller are we talking? Because it seems now I don't really get that much incentive to playing better than my opponent.

Krazikarl

11-18-2012

Yeah, it seems like this is a straight nerf to most junglers at this point in time. Their ganking ability has been weakened (often have to take a jungle specific item instead of a ganking item like boots), while they get no farming boost in the phase of the game that actually includes jungling.

I'll keep an open mind about this since I know that there is still room for a lot of adjustment, but I have gone from being excited about new jungle to being scared that people who main junglers like me are just going to be punished even harder season 3.