I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Stonewall, how does Cho'gath fare if you tried him?

XElement

11-18-2012

I am looking forward to the change, seems like junglers will have more gold now though.
I am worried though, mostly because it is a change.

I love Hecarim, Naut, and Kha. So kinda worrisome when the OP mentions all three and mostly them being up in the air xD
Hecarim, my tanky killer.
Naut, my tank.
Kha my killer.

I just wonder exactly how this will work though.
Supports now get a free ward item basically, and camps are harder to make you gank less. So does that mean we can technically stay in the jungle the whole time and come out better? instead of neeidng to gank?

Of course, allies will need help so not like I get the option to ever really stay in the jungle, nor is it currently an option. Since you will end up traveling all over the map for a few camps.

RavenMagus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-18-2012

Are my days of jungling Ashe over?

I've recently come into the practice of jungling Ashe (in premades, where my friends know I'm not trolling); while the jungle doesn't provide nearly as much farm as a lane does right now, Ashe's ganks are hilariously good, and the games were all fun and we did surprisingly well with it. The early jungling route (pre-Madred's) was very rough, though, and I am concerned that it'll be impossible in the new jungle with Ashe or other champs that aren't specifically meant to jungle.

FadedChameleon

11-18-2012

Hey anyone who has played the new jungle, can you tell me the state of these champs in the jungler (my mains)

Maokai
Nunu
Naut
Kha'zix
Hecarim

I want to know if I need to change them to other junglers

ChronicAngina

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We also decreased lane minion gold, meaning most laners will see similar gold, but the difference in 30 CS won't be as big between players. This will also open up more cross-lane ganking.

The thing is these numbers are easy to adjust, and our expectation is that we'll be changing things a lot after it comes out. Not day-1 (as learning curve is a factor and I don't trust a first-day analysis due to low exposure), but we'll be pretty aggressive.
So now we're going to start seeing hour long farmfest games? i thought riot wanted to make games more exciting and action packed. these changes are going to be more punishing on mistakes so people will be less willing to make plays.... sad day for league

An0rphan

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicAngina View Post
So now we're going to start seeing hour long farmfest games? i thought riot wanted to make games more exciting and action packed. these changes are going to be more punishing on mistakes so people will be less willing to make plays.... sad day for league

??? THe exact opposite is true.... By decreasing minions gold, people are less reluctant to stop farming for a moment to go and gank a lane, as less overall gold is lost in an unsuccesful gank due to less lost potential gold...

Gespens

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedChameleon View Post
Hey anyone who has played the new jungle, can you tell me the state of these champs in the jungler (my mains)

Maokai
Nunu
Naut
Kha'zix
Hecarim

I think in order,

Maokai is fine
Nunu is 'Satan'
Naut is still fragile and needs DPS
Kha'zix seems fast
Hecarim is fine

Resilga

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
I kinda hope its intentional.

HuntmanC68

11-18-2012

cool

Albireo

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadedChameleon View Post

Maokai
Nunu
Naut
Kha'zix
Hecarim

I'm not an expert jungler of course, but, maokai feels almost the same with the machete, i mean, and with the move speed change you don't feel super slow if you are running mov speed quints, he is still very good and you will be actually ok in heath at lvl 3, for a gank if you want it, or you can just wait till lvl 4 to do it.

then, the spirt tank upgrade for tanks is actually good, 500 health, the jungler pasive, mana regen, health regen, and tenacity so you don't hurt yourself for still keep your mobility boots mid and late game.