I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Eleven

11-17-2012

only factor I think being left out is that with the mobs buffed (especially the golums) it may not be feasible to leach te jungle at 11 anymore .... champs may still need to farm up in lane before it's trivial ...

... if that's true then the "jungle phase" may last a little while longer before it becomes a free for all zone.

GoneWithTheWind

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Eleven View Post
only factor I think being left out is that with the mobs buffed (especially the golums) it may not be feasible to leach te jungle at 11 anymore .... champs may still need to farm up in lane before it's trivial ...

... if that's true then the "jungle phase" may last a little while longer before it becomes a free for all zone.
Unlikely.
At 11 mins most lanes accumulated a few items and a nice amount of money usually, which makes the jungle a free-for-all-buffet, since the creeps usually won't be able to do enough damage to the farmed up laners to pose a real danger to their health.

ScarletDeviI

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Eleven View Post

Doesnt need to be trivial, just easy. Sure it may last a little longer, but when the jungle in general is harder and is a nerf early game, thats really iffy.

When i saw statikk talking about the jungle changes, i expected them to kick your ass (Maybe even a little more then now) but give more gold from the get-go.

If gold gains start kicking in at around 15~ Mins in im not sure how much thats worth.(In a realistic scenario of course. I did try jungle Morde in a bot game and just farm, and i was getting more gold like 25~ mins into the game. But who's going to be able to just farm at that point in the game?)

NZTroll3r

Recruiter

11-17-2012

lol

Bullettime7

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletDeviI View Post
Doesnt need to be trivial, just easy. Sure it may last a little longer, but when the jungle in general is harder and is a nerf early game, thats really iffy.

When i saw statikk talking about the jungle changes, i expected them to kick your ass (Maybe even a little more then now) but give more gold from the get-go.

If gold gains start kicking in at around 15~ Mins in im not sure how much thats worth.(In a realistic scenario of course. I did try jungle Morde in a bot game and just farm, and i was getting more gold like 25~ mins into the game. But who's going to be able to just farm at that point in the game?)
Yup. As I put on the last page....By the time junglers will be able to actually reap the benefits of the new jungle, they'll have very minimal time in it before the carries begin using it as supplemental income, and that's if your team is winning or even and still has safe access to the camps at all.

This is very contradictory to the point of the jungle change to begin with and is just going to further encourage picking gank junglers as the risk vs reward for farming just overall isn't there early on.

Tryphikik

11-17-2012

and heart of gold is gone so... Junglers will just be poorer. Gg way to make the jungle harder and rewards the same up until it's no longer our jungle.

Abbx

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
That's the breakpoint we're using currently since early gold gains aren't bad here - the later game ones are tragically low though. This may need adjustment as we look more, but it's a reasonable starting point.

Additionally, we do expect a bit more gold on "safer" junglers since they disrupt less for ganks.
Can this later increase really out-gold a GP10 though? Thats what I want to understand.

keenscythe

11-17-2012

so if the jungle is harder with no practical benefitis 0cs roamers the way to go?

AlexDnD2

11-17-2012

Riot can you check out this thread?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...797466&page=50

Scrulox

11-17-2012

So the increased gold gain only starts kicking in after 11 minutes? I'm sorry but that's not going to help junglers almost at all. At that point, almost everyone assumes that they are entitled to the jungle creeps as much as their jungler, and sometimes even more entitled, especially to red and blue. So to sum up, in season 3, jungle monsters are much stronger, rewards are the same, no more HoG, and, worst of all, pretty much every jungler is forced to invest their already-reduced income to allow them to more efficiently clear the jungle which doesn't give more rewards. Looks like it's gg for junglers in season 3.