I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aimless saint

11-17-2012

This seems really detrimental to jungling if the gains in the current jungle are more than what the new updated jungle has. (earlier, mind you)

After 11 minutes in game, I almost never get access to my jungle, if a tower drops anywhere on the map, the enemy team saps it up, not having the gold benefits early is what really pidgeonholes junglers into being stuck as gp10 stackers because they know that later they won't get to farm their jungle freely later.

Because if you do build straight damage items, or go for tank items, the gold gain that you're being denied from gold going to lanes, and not being able to focus on farming really screws your gold income if you bought 2 dorans on Nocturne instead of a HoG.

With those 2 Dorans, I'm stronger in ganks, and in clearing, but the clearing gets interrupted at about 11-15 minutes into the game, and I'm forced to forfeit my camps to teammates, and have to babysit lanes, my Dorans aren't serving me any good walking around trying to pressure the map, that HoG is. And denying our early game gold gains is the exact same thing as we have on live, only a more difficult jungle, and a stronger advantage to any team that has any map control, furthering the 'snowbally' feel of the current Live game.

Lord Angry

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
That's the breakpoint we're using currently since early gold gains aren't bad here - the later game ones are tragically low though. This may need adjustment as we look more, but it's a reasonable starting point.

Additionally, we do expect a bit more gold on "safer" junglers since they disrupt less for ganks.
So to be clear, you didn't make early jungling any better(or worse) but late game camp returns are increased...
So a strong emphasis on being in control of your own/enemy jungle, not just objectives is going to be present... I guess another take away is that the junglers can operate later at a similar scale as before while donating to carries more often...
TBH as a proponent of jangle Trynd, this gives me feels.

Hoggel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

doesnt this harder jungle promote more early lvl 2 ganks for fb though? I would think it would make it even more prevalent because landing fb early for jungler or the assist would make running the jungle faster and ultimately snowball you vs the other jungler. I know it does that right now it just seems it might tip the scales even more since its harder and upgrading or buying a new item of worth is even more important for a jungler now.

Jack Anansi

11-17-2012

The problem with buffing the late jungle is that late-game, the jungler doesn't get his own jungle. Red goes to the AD carry, blue goes to the AP carry. Wraiths, wolves, and double golems go to whoever is near them when they spawn.

GoneWithTheWind

11-17-2012

Yes, to me it seems as if this is ultimately a buff to the income of mid/bot/top lanes, who regularly seem to run and kill the jungle creeps at that point to enhance their gold gain or snatch up buffs.

I am a bit baffled at how this is supposed to help the -jungler-, who, effectively, only has access to all of his jungle in his early levels.
At the point when the money increases he will have to forfeit most of his jungle to his lanes, and is hard on trying to gank a lot (otherwise, as we know, the lanes will cry).

Wouldn't it be effectiver, and more helpful for the Jungler, if the Monsters give higher money at the start and normalize after a while?

Gath Immortal

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsKen View Post
So what Lee sin only belongs in lane now?

His not like made for laning compared to Jayce...
froggen says lee sin is a mid champ

just saying you CAN take strange champs to strange places and do well if you are familiar enough with them.

AimlessSpectre

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimless saint View Post
This seems really detrimental to jungling if the gains in the current jungle are more than what the new updated jungle has. (earlier, mind you)

After 11 minutes in game, I almost never get access to my jungle, if a tower drops anywhere on the map, the enemy team saps it up, not having the gold benefits early is what really pidgeonholes junglers into being stuck as gp10 stackers because they know that later they won't get to farm their jungle freely later.

Because if you do build straight damage items, or go for tank items, the gold gain that you're being denied from gold going to lanes, and not being able to focus on farming really screws your gold income if you bought 2 dorans on Nocturne instead of a HoG.

With those 2 Dorans, I'm stronger in ganks, and in clearing, but the clearing gets interrupted at about 11-15 minutes into the game, and I'm forced to forfeit my camps to teammates, and have to babysit lanes, my Dorans aren't serving me any good walking around trying to pressure the map, that HoG is. And denying our early game gold gains is the exact same thing as we have on live, only a more difficult jungle, and a stronger advantage to any team that has any map control, furthering the 'snowbally' feel of the current Live game.

I really want to make a pun involving this guys name and mine but I got nothin'.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
That's the breakpoint we're using currently since early gold gains aren't bad here - the later game ones are tragically low though. This may need adjustment as we look more, but it's a reasonable starting point.

Additionally, we do expect a bit more gold on "safer" junglers since they disrupt less for ganks.
So, you made the jungle harder and keep the money as in S2 till 11 minutes? then why farm it at all? this just incentive more early ganks since it is easier to gank than to farm.

Tesla21

11-17-2012

This sucks man seems like I ll stick to amumu anyway. I am lucky if I can get a second spawn of the buffs camps now its just a harder jungle with nothing in return since you can hardly get any camp at all after a turret gets killed.

I was so excited about this but its abit of a letdown so far.

Set Tesh

11-17-2012

wait, so your upping the gains once everyone start omnom noming on your jungle (because around 15 min everyone seems to see the jungle as fair game) how is that supposed to help the jungler,? D: