I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotBuzzJack

11-17-2012

So how goes Karthus? I would also ask about Syndra but...due to a bug she currently takes zero damage in the jungle.

ImRecordingYou

11-17-2012

Imho the main problem is the Machette. Riot said they wanted more champions in the jungle but the Machette doesn't actually bring enough to the table to allow this. With the increased difficulty from the first pass you actually pushed some of the current junglers down. From my experience some of the other champions can't jungle not because they don't have enough damage, it's because they have weaker starting defenses and the Machette does nothing to address this.

dignitas Rampant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yeah - that's where we want to look most closely. While we know the raw numbers and have had testing, the circumstances that millions of games show can help us see if our methods are successful or not. We expect less early ganks from the jungle now, because the early game impact of them was so high and we wanted to lower it - players' expectations will need to align with what's optimal again. This applies to all the preseason changes really.

To answer your question, I think we are OK with more control-type junglers, but the scale of how harshly they control is the adjustment point for us to watch. Stealing the big monster is harder now, but even more important - meaning strong counterjungling has the potential to be devastating.
This is utterly true. I tried playing a game as jungle Shaco earlier, and went for the traditional level 2 gank. While it got my mid ahead, the enemy Rengar mosied on in, stole my wraiths. Every time I went for a gank before ten minutes, Rengar was able to run in and take my jungle. Normally however, this isn't a problem. However, with the new jungle, it allowed him to gain a massive item advantage on me. Even though we won, I ended the game two items behind him.

Lukiner

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averath View Post
@Morello

Do you like where Lee Sin is in the jungle ATM? I know we only have Stonewall's initial videos to go off of, but it seems like the new jungle has hurt him considerably.
it's punishment for all the uber broken fast lv 2 ganks with red buff and full hp he was doing whole the time.... slow from red, slow from E, dmg from E, dmg from Q, jump with execute from Q + add to this help from his lane partner specially if he have hard CC .... it's was freaking sick and impossible to play on top or mid lane at 1-3 level... specially top lane

people need to learn how to play other junglers instead of Lee OP Broken Sin

stylefaque01

11-17-2012

We can expect some Udyr?

SonicTheHedgedawg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

AP evelynn can still jungle, btw, just rush a soul stone and you're good

DmG Apollo

11-17-2012

With everyone clamoring over whether or not their favorite jungler is still viable...

I just wanted to say thank you to Stonewall. It's the little thing's you do for this community that have (slowly) made me a better player. I eagerly await more test results. Hoping for some rarely seen faces in the jungle to reemerge again.

MrShicken

11-17-2012

new jungle is better for fiddle

FrostyPuff

11-17-2012

So in other words, pre6 junglers just became the new meta?

Grey Wolf

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Vampiric scepter builds out of a long sword and includes the AD.
What is Wriggles then? It used to be Razor, Scepter and 150 GP. If Scepter is 900 GP now... is Wriggles still 150 GP, with a buff to AD?