I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFirstOne

11-17-2012

isn't stonewall the guy who said s2 jungle was good when he tested it? anyway don't care what he thinks, looking forward to the changes! Good or bad anything will be better than how jungle currently is.

Jordian

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstOne View Post
isn't stonewall the guy who said s2 jungle was good when he tested it? anyway don't care what he thinks, looking forward to the changes! Good or bad anything will be better than how jungle currently is.
Mostly everyone thought the S2 jungle was good because obviously just easier so they thought more viable junglers and people under level 30 can jungle easier. It took at least like 2 months before tanks took over we didn't know how the META would change wrong the change and we don't know now. So does it really matter that he liked S2 jungle?

Jimbo Joe Bot

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
To be fair - it greatly increases as the game goes on.

the exp and gold amount earned doesn't change, only time to clear

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchaosrei View Post
So to anyone that can clear up this term for me.

"control-type junglers" merlleo and stonewall both used this.

Does this mean stong invaders?(my friends and i just call them brusier junglers) junglers with cc or is there a special nitch of chars that fall in this?
He means junglers with heavy CC like Nautilus, I believe.

PunchGroin

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kchaosrei View Post
So to anyone that can clear up this term for me.

"control-type junglers" merlleo and stonewall both used this.

Does this mean stong invaders?(my friends and i just call them brusier junglers) junglers with cc or is there a special nitch of chars that fall in this?
He mostly means Nunu. To a lesser extent probably (season 1)Shaco, Trundle, and Cho. Sin, being an omni-jungler, can also be a controller. He means the people who are good at staying 1 step ahead of the enemy and constantly controlling the buffs and routes in and out of both jungles. Nunu is perfect because he doesn't really need money to be effective, he can spend most of his cash on wards.

It's a niche that's kind of fallen away these days.

KevinDelMarr

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetramaster View Post
If the majority of the junglers are fine except for a few being too strong....

Expect them to get nerfed. As it stands, a good maokai jungler is AMAZING for ganks. That ability to root+mini knockup is devastating, even with the current jungle.
He has really good base damages and AP ratios on his abilities, I'm wondering if they will adjust those values (also highest armor scaling in the game) He has really good MS for such a good tank ganker, at 310. Alistar had a nerf on his headbutt range and MS, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar is done for Maokai. I don't want to say he's OP, but currently he laughs in the face of Season Jungle Changes. Time will tell, but Maokai looks to be one of the best, despite being the type of Jungler that was supposed to be addressed by the Jungle changes

pokerchamp

11-17-2012

has stonewall tried rammus out yet?

Gorsz

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yeah - that's where we want to look most closely. While we know the raw numbers and have had testing, the circumstances that millions of games show can help us see if our methods are successful or not. We expect less early ganks from the jungle now, because the early game impact of them was so high and we wanted to lower it - players' expectations will need to align with what's optimal again. This applies to all the preseason changes really.

To answer your question, I think we are OK with more control-type junglers, but the scale of how harshly they control is the adjustment point for us to watch. Stealing the big monster is harder now, but even more important - meaning strong counterjungling has the potential to be devastating.

Thank you Morello!!

Ive been saying for a LONG time now that jungler position had WAY too much control over the game.

It really is not fun to be camped by a jungler.

Zeryth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo Joe Bot View Post
the exp and gold amount earned doesn't change, only time to clear
"Next, we’re also going to significantly increase the rewards (gold and XP) and scaling difficulty (health and damage that the monsters gain over time) of the jungle as a game progresses. This way junglers who shift their focus toward farming the jungle efficiently can acquire gold and experience faster. This opens up the jungle to many of the more damage-focused and gold-reliant champions like Master Yi who need to scale into the later parts of the game."

from Statikk's thread.

pokerchamp

11-17-2012

has anyone tested rammus or gangplank in the new jungle? im sure gangplank is terrible as hes squishy, but i cant help but think rammus is back