I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stonewall008

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youmu Will Fight View Post
you sound like my old roommate who wore the same clothes for multiple days in a row because he was afraid of change.
I have to agree with the removal of the leash though. It was pretty stupid that a jungler could get a strong leash and then just rush the next buff with his smite still up and gank a lane at level 3 while his target probably just reached level 2.

Also that lane switching stuff is stupid and some characters can only hold a 2v1 lane if they're given an advantage by being given a buff or massive exp.

Blazing Pascal

11-17-2012

Sej and Hec http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUa3k...itnBIWUE4WJYxM

currently processing

Thanks for bustin' these out so fast... this man is a machine

Eat Orange Be K

11-17-2012

After more personal testing... I may have to put Cho as my new go-to. His ganks are still entirely skill based, but I was easily clearing to 4 at 3:40... with 2 pots left over.

It doesn't hurt that he got a lot of nice new item tools to work with and now has even more build options.

Protect me Tomoe

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
I have to agree with the removal of the leash though. It was pretty stupid that a jungler could get a strong leash and then just rush the next buff with his smite still up and gank a lane at level 3 while his target probably just reached level 2.

Also that lane switching stuff is stupid and some characters can only hold a 2v1 lane if they're given an advantage by being given a buff or massive exp.
(Oh, I was agreeing with the removal of the leash too. I guess I was being too much of a pr1ck to make my own point.

And I was just poking fun and looking for an excuse to use my reaction folder. laneswapping with a jungler leaves both at a disadvantage, especially already underwhelming champs like voli and trynd)

Pandora531

11-17-2012

lol

Pistrik

11-17-2012

Whats your view on Cho'gath, stonewall? He has innate sustain and decent ganks, so I'm wondering where you rank him in the list you posted last page.

Stonewall008

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistrik View Post
Whats your view on Cho'gath, stonewall? He has innate sustain and decent ganks, so I'm wondering where you rank him in the list you posted last page.
He was godly in season 1 and 2 - he has strong AoE and single target damage as well as sustain. I'm betting he'll be good. I haven't had time to test him yet.

Scrulox

11-17-2012

I don't know if I am doing it wrong or something. But I have jungled in a lot of PBE matches, and I didn't end up with significantly more golds than live in almost all of them. Maybe the gold in jungle does increase greatly later in the game, but that really doesn't benefit junglers as much as it sounds since starting from mid-game, your teammates are gonna steal most of ur jungle creeps anyway.

Mmimzy

11-17-2012

I dont know. Control jungles and farm jungles just dont seem like they'd be very effective.

Control jungles only serve to really shut down the farmer. Becuase the control jungles can't start doing thier thing before level 4. Which is where you have to stop a gank jungle. Once a gank jungles got his ganking tool in hand (his CC skills). Hes done being in the jungle forcing the control to chase him around the map all game. This control jungles need to do well early as late game they dont bring very much to the team. Furthermore, If a control jungle can rangle in a ganker, he has applied no extra preasure onto the lanes, thus his team will have to have strong match ups.

I get the idea of rock paper scissors, but a farmer jungle doesn't beat out a ganking jungle. As that just means the ganker has even more free rain over the lanes, allowing the jungler to apply his pressure to all lane unstopped. Further more alot of the gankers like maokai and shaco are so strong that they can just go kill a farmer as well. If the ganker can't kill the farmer on his own. A successful gank can easily result in a raid on the enemy jungle.

Therefore, really you're just left with the ganker jungle. I say this to not say that your wrong mr. stonewall, but to express my concern..

Stonewall008

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maths Functions View Post
I don't know if I am doing it wrong or something. But I have jungled in a lot of PBE matches, and I didn't end up with significantly more golds than live in almost all of them. Maybe the gold in jungle does increase greatly later in the game, but that really doesn't benefit junglers as much as it sounds since starting from mid-game, your teammates are gonna steal most of ur jungle creeps anyway.
That's exactly my concern. Teammate intervention and the requirements of the game disrupting your jungle. What good is a gold increase if your teammates keep stealing it or flushing you out of the jungle because they need to be babysat or team fights are starting right away. If fighting is happening already then you'll likely have to submit your farm to your more important teammates like the carry :/