I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sir Hamilton III

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youmu Will Fight View Post
theyve made it so its discouraging to steal em. Wraiths are now worth less, so an APC might say, "you know what? Not today. Today... today I think I'm going to buy a ward."

Wraiths were the biggest victims to team-steals. Wolves and golems are slightly inconveniently placed (and have always been), and at early levels where a top laner or bot laner taking a nice stroll might say "ima take these yup yup yup" now they'll be thinking, "Is it worth getting my fudge packed in for some extra gold and exp?"

Lategame theyll still get taken from us. That is something we must embrace as support 2.0

... this is the best reply in the existence of man.

Protect me Tomoe

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Angry View Post
In that case, let tryn jungle till 6, with voli in lane, then swap for farm tryn and gank bear! Tactics?!

That... that might be just stupid enough to work.

Stonewall008

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Stonewall - we've found in internal tests that junglers end up with a lot more gold in most games, but I wanted to see what your experience has been like. Has that been true for your games?
I'm still holding my full judgement till I get to throw down with more experienced players. The commentary on the Lee Sin was too harsh. I should have waited till I played more champions. When I got to Darius and Diana I was thrilled. I knew Diana would be a jungler that could possibly benefit but Darius ended up doing well too.

That said there isn't any way to "measure" the gold gains yet. I mean if I just go into a custom game and continuously clear it over and over then yeah I could probably see me gaining a lot of gold. However in a real game I'm sure I won't be allowed to do that.

There is where the problem lies though. PBE games, with respect to everyone in there, is generally full of players who aren't exactly "good." Either that or the teams are mismatched and you can't truly gauge anything.

I hope that sometime this weekend I can get some people in the PBE to join a serious 5v5 custom fest and we can test out how the new jungle holds up. I want to experience being invaded, experience being forced to gank and all that jazz.

When I jungled uninterrupted (aka just fiddling around) I had this feeling that I could outright skip gold items and had this reminiscent feeling of Season 1. Though I still felt I will need to buy a few gold efficient items because everyone and their mother will want to kill me.

So with that said - with some testing still pending - I did feel the gold gains and I do think it will be fine as long as the lanes don't require massive amounts of intervention aside from player failure. The gold gains will only truly be felt if the lanes don't need to be babysat 24/7. If the laner needs help because they got outplayed then yeah that's fine. Forcing out a farming jungler is one way of defeating them. However if your the lane is so dependent on snowballing (like it is in season 2) and you have to essentially camp it still then the gold gains won't help every jungler.

I want to ask something though - Is Riot okay with the possibility of there being Control Junglers with the capability of utterly shutting down the enemy jungler? There used to be this clear cut triad of junglers before and the control jungler filled the role of map control and making sure the enemy jungler was pinned down and unable to function.

Edit - It's in bold

Edit 2 - Admittedly I think Riot wants people to be a bit more patient right now with all the changes before spouting travesty. I admit that I am guilty of having done that with Lee Sin but I had set my expectations for him to be way too high. Even then I haven't given up on Lee Sin. I feel I can tweak around how i work the jungle with him and things can be better. With all these changes coming at us at once, we all need to adopt more patience than usual.

HughMyronbrough

11-17-2012

Udyr is derped?

Lord Angry

11-17-2012

Eh, team transitioning is something league needs more of.

wilIiam

11-17-2012

this is so foolish on their part, the leash itself is something that made lol unique from other games, the concept of leashing was different, you cant even call it leash anymore, its more like "hey help me damage my camps." Its interesting that they made camps so difficult to kill now because the purpose of the original jungle changes is so that the jungle was more "noob friendly" now they have returned it to a difficult state which requires the tier 3 rune pages.

Protect me Tomoe

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilIiam View Post
this is so foolish on their part, the leash itself is something that made lol unique from other games, the concept of leashing was different, you cant even call it leash anymore, its more like "hey help me damage my camps." Its interesting that they made camps so difficult to kill now because the purpose of the original jungle changes is so that the jungle was more "noob friendly" now they have returned it to a difficult state which requires the tier 3 rune pages.
you sound like my old roommate who wore the same clothes for multiple days in a row because he was afraid of change.

EDIT: Also, 'leashing' being gone is being generally accepted as a good thing by most people. I for one wont miss it.

EDIT 2: I still stand by calling you smelly.

Lord Angry

11-17-2012

I'll have to try jungle Viktor again...

Protect me Tomoe

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRODEEZY View Post
... this is the best reply in the existence of man.
(just so you know I upvoted you but someone downvoted both of us because they hate America & freedom)

Stonewall008

11-17-2012

To add to my last post - in a way there were three types of junglers in the Season 1 jungle. Albeit some junglers could do more than one "type" they usually had one they were best at.

There was the ganker, the farmer and the controller.

The ganker is rather obvious. They just farm a bit, go kill something, farm, and so on. They relied heavily on ganks but usually they were very good at ganking. The junglers that fit this were Nocturne, Shaco and Maokai.

The farmer is also rather obvious. They just farmed and tried avoiding fights as much as they could. This type of jungler was admittedly the least common and tended to fail moreso because the champions of this type weren't that great with the exception of one. The farmers were Gangplank (after his rework), Tryndamere and Master Yi.

The controller was already explained. The junglers that fit this best were Nunu, Shyvana and Trundle.

Then there were junglers that kind of fit everything - Skarner, Udyr and Lee Sin.