I'm trying out the new jungle in the pbe

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Neo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrothyKat View Post
Day 1
The crash site is a mess. I'm alive, but for how long? Nobody else is around. It's not looking good so far :/

Day 2
I found a machete in the ruins of the cargo hold, but it's still a struggle to cut through the dense foliage of this world.

Day 3
This place is brutal. It took me all day to create enough of a clear path to move deeper into the jungle. Good news though, Diana managed to make her way to the crash site and doesn't appear much worse for wear.

Day 6
I had a fright today as Darius came crashing out from the undergrowth with an axe and a trio of wolves slung over his shoulder. One was almost as large as the man himself... I didn't enjoy his company before, but it's comforting to see a friendly face. At least we'll eat well tonight. Still no sign of Shyvana or the ship's doctor.

Day 13
The more time I spend in this jungle, the more I feel like it's not so bad. Not good, either, mind you, just different from the forests of our home. Doctor Mundo and Shyvana finally came stumbling out of the brush last night as we were cooking dinner. Apparently the smoke from the fires led them to our location. They told me that Warwick and Fiddlesticks were starting a settlement north of our location, shelter and food enough for all of us, found in the wreckage of their own larger ship. The others want to strike out, but I feel hesitant. We haven't seen any signs of Lee and I haven't given up hope for him yet...
That's ****ing amazing. Write a LoL book for me to buy pls.

Sir Hamilton III

11-16-2012

But as the game goes on, the Jungler doesn't even get the jungle spawns as the passing by AD's and AP's usually take them.. so why change it?

Jordian

11-16-2012

Stonewall have you tried Master Yi and Tryndamere yet? I think they work very well with the new jungle and clear times are average 3:40. Tryndamere seems to do better and the new Averice blade is really helpfully so they can stay farmed and not fall off. Also the new masteries and items seem to help.

Protect me Tomoe

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRODEEZY View Post
But as the game goes on, the Jungler doesn't even get the jungle spawns as the passing by AD's and AP's usually take them.. so why change it?
theyve made it so its discouraging to steal em. Wraiths are now worth less, so an APC might say, "you know what? Not today. Today... today I think I'm going to buy a ward."

Wraiths were the biggest victims to team-steals. Wolves and golems are slightly inconveniently placed (and have always been), and at early levels where a top laner or bot laner taking a nice stroll might say "ima take these yup yup yup" now they'll be thinking, "Is it worth getting my fudge packed in for some extra gold and exp?"

Lategame theyll still get taken from us. That is something we must embrace as support 2.0

Fisherman Fizz

11-16-2012

Without a leash I got jungle Fizz to reach level 4 at 3:50, I actually really like him in the new jungle, my only complaint is that there are no good spirit stone upgrades for him (since to get the one with CDR you have to waste gold buying spell vamp, which doesn't apply to his W). I tried to do it in a blind pick game but then the Singed on my own team stole my first wraith camp right before I got to them, and then the server went down a minute later... >_>

Twixiee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Wait.. stonewall.. aren't you part of the private beta server? Wouldn't you have been testing junglers in the jungle way before it hit PBE? I understand you couldn't have talked about it, but would've thought you'd had new jungle bio's for junglers already written! (Or perhaps they tweaked it quite a bit when putting it into pbe? I really am sure you are or at least used to be in the private beta server..)

Lord Angry

11-16-2012

I would say that tryn and rammus are in need of investigation. Also volibear. DAT bite+machete upgrades.

Protect me Tomoe

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixiee View Post
Wait.. stonewall.. aren't you part of the private beta server? Wouldn't you have been testing junglers in the jungle way before it hit PBE? I understand you couldn't have talked about it, but would've thought you'd had new jungle bio's for junglers already written! (Or perhaps they tweaked it quite a bit when putting it into pbe? I really am sure you are or at least used to be in the private beta server..)
he said he had numerous champs ready, he just needs to upload em. He uploads with 1080, we dont know his internet connection and maybe... just... just maybe... this may sound cray-cray.... but there's a chance he does things other than LoL. Also, the PBE has been only updated for what..? 2 days?

Protect me Tomoe

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Angry View Post
I would say that tryn and rammus are in need of investigation. Also volibear. DAT bite+machete upgrades.
A Rioter already said voli is better off top lane this time around, for the time being. His jungling suffered. He may not die, but his passive would most have most definitely been burnt.

Lord Angry

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youmu Will Fight View Post
A Rioter already said voli is better off top lane this time around, for the time being. His jungling suffered. He may not die, but his passive would most have most definitely been burnt.
In that case, let tryn jungle till 6, with voli in lane, then swap for farm tryn and gank bear! Tactics?!