Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LadySilvara

11-17-2012

Quote:
BeeLikesMango:
When she throws her javelin, in her previous skin the new javelin would pop out with a little smoke, i found it was really really cool, but now it's gone, could you do something similar? i find it kinda strange that suddenly there's a javelin without any animation to make it pop out

This, please. The spear appearing from nowhere like that is kinda weird.

Also, I just got the blue Pharaoh cougar bug, so it looks like it's not fixed yet.

Demotion 101

11-17-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
yes, they'll be updated on skins with unique javelins.

Will we finally see bats or something halloween worthy on bewitching nidalee or will i be disappointed again.

Leaves do not scare.

Miirik

11-17-2012

any updates for snowbunny nidalee model human form yet?

Eavens

11-17-2012

I think the new Nidalee's cougar form is much too small compared to her human model, as if she shrunk a few sizes during her transformation. In the current model, the cougar form is a teensy bit bigger than the human form but it makes sense. Also the cougar form's torso is too short so it looks a bit like a mouse than an actual big cat when it is moving around. If you look at a lion, cougar, cheetah, etc., they all have a rather long torso.

For example, attached with this message is a picture of the two cougars: #1 is the current, #2 is the graphic upgrade. The #1 model for Bewitch Nidalee (before the graphic upgrade) is probably the best example that I love. It is anatomically the closest thing to an actual cat than #2. The curving of the spine and everything just makes it look very intimidating and like a real carnivore preparing to attack. The whole body expresses what Nidalee's suppose to be: a bestial huntress.

This is just a design suggestion and I hope you consider it because everyone, myself included, really enjoy playing her. Thank you.

My one other request is to possibly increase the cougar form's attack animation speed and make it a tiny bit faster.

migty1joe

11-17-2012

Realy bad animations, old ones ware better. Model looks cool but i hate walking stance also old one was better.

Eavens

11-17-2012

Quote:
LadySilvara:
This, please. The spear appearing from nowhere like that is kinda weird.

Also, I just got the blue Pharaoh cougar bug, so it looks like it's not fixed yet.

I got the blue Pharaoh cougar silhouette, also. I just assumed that the modeling for it is not complete.

ZenCat

11-17-2012

Snow Bunny Nidalee issues

old Snow Bunny - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG8wiXFm9CI
new Snow Bunny - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0pQN_g93tU

1.Color choice
I'm one of the SB owners and we always loved her "Strawberry & cream" color setup. New skin has shifted her color from pink-red to more classic red. I know it's an Xmas skin, but that "pink" is one of the things that made that skin look so fantastic.
PLEASE modify it back into "hot pink".

2.Color intensity/saturation
Her new colors seem very subdued and pale compared to old intense saturated look. :/

3.Boots
I know it's a design decision, but as a designer I feel the need to point out that making her new boots completely white is throwing off the color balance of her outfit.

I know some people might feel this is nitpicking, but these details are really important to some of us. Other than that - I must congratulate you on AMAZING model rework. Despite mentioned flaws, this was superb work.

Thank you.

Kuraiko

11-17-2012

I have a few suggestions here:
1. give the cougar claws like the old one has
2. the skin colour of classic nidalee in human form is a little too red I think
3. Give the cougar two run animations like it was before
4. Let people get the now unavailable skins for two or three days after the patch or with a limited stock, so people who are unsatisfied with the new looks of skins they own can get them (also gets you some money :P [just want to make the suggestion attractive])
5. change the white on the face of the French Maid cougar, it looks like she has a beard
6. i think the body of the cougar looks and moves a bit like a fish. The old one was a bit thicker and the legs were showing more so the body looked more muscular. Neither was the tail starting thick and then get thinner like it would just be the body getting slimmer.
7. The dance on her cougar is smooth, but it looks like a dog chasing it's tail, not really fitting for a cougar. Would be nice if you could make a stop like in the old version.

thanks for reading
~Lady Kurai

Balloon Fighter

11-17-2012

egyptian nidalee cat mode turned into a blue silouette

Shiny Dragonite

11-17-2012

i found something I don't think you guys will be able to fix it but it has to do with her thing called "Login Queue" i never heard of this before but when it appears it makes me cry rivers in the fact that i can't do actual feedback ever (coming from a nid player) due to insanely outrageous Queue times and Large amounts of Rage.