Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stark Midnight

11-16-2012

This is a bug thread *******, not a preference thread. There is nothing wrong with pharoah nidalee's human form. Just because you don't like the hair style doesn't make it a bug.

dafedidi

11-16-2012

Nidalee Pharaon : missing texture on Lion part.

She is blue. I will add a picture when your servers for attachment get back up.

CricketWise

11-16-2012

Just wanted to report that i see her as being blue when in cougar form. I believe it has been mentioned already though.

PoyzenGirl

11-16-2012

I think as it being PBE all unavailable skins should be at least opened for a bit to get them as well I never even knew or was playing LoL on either server till long past the release date of those skins i find it very unfair to those that weren't even a part of the community during their release should at least get the chance to enjoy them on the PBE server, i was holding out great hope that they would re-release the nidalee skins during the proper holiday's and some other unavailable skins from other champs as well on PBE even if only for a short bit to get the chance to obtain them for those who were not here for them but my hopes were let down sadly as they never were re-released.

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
nidalee's visual update is on the pbe!

please post bug reports and feedback here. i'll be reading this thread regularly until her release. i'll also keep a succinct list of 'frequently asked questions' and/or known issues to save everyone the trouble of overly redundant reports.

this is just her first iteration, so not everything is finished. for example:
- no new splash art yet.
- her javelin for basic attacks and javelin toss is always the classic javelin (there will be skin-specific javelin's for french maid, pharaoh, and bewitching).
- her sounds effects aren't yet updated so you may hear some weird things until we patch those out.

as we update the pbe build, i'll edit the above list to reflect her current state.

thanks!
-ricklessabandon

{ frequently asked questions }
yup! they're as far along as the skins in the announcement thread, but generally speaking we don't want to tease skins that players cannot pick up in the store.

the current plan is to stick with classic, french maid, and pharaoh. i'll look into the possibility of expanding our pbe testing to include more than the ones currently available, but for the time being please assume that they won't be available. they don't have unique animations or particle effects, so there is less (but not zero) value in broadening our public testing efforts to include them.

Echorion

11-16-2012

She doesn't feel complete atm in terms of Audio.

What I mean is I think she needs a sound for when she sticks her spear into the ground, just before the dance. And she also needs a sound for when she breaks the spear over her knee, a "snap" or something.

The silence on these things has always bothered me a lot. It can't be that hard to add can it?

GurthC

11-16-2012

Love the new Nid, specially the transitions between animations (from walking to throwing a spear, for example). She has a fluent gameplay, and the visual update goes along with that. Great work!

The only thing that bugges me is her walking animation. The model moves at a constant velocity, but the animation don't refer to that, is more like small jumps.

Numbat

11-16-2012

Nid's cougar animations need some work. Takedown feels really slow, like you hit before the animation does. When Nid pounces her rear end flies up really high compared to the rest of her body making it look clunky and unnatural. She's not a bunking donkey! Her cougar head seems a little stiff when walking but that part's not so bad.

Quote:
Echorion:
She doesn't feel complete atm in terms of Audio.

What I mean is I think she needs a sound for when she sticks her spear into the ground, just before the dance. And she also needs a sound for when she breaks the spear over her knee, a "snap" or something.

The silence on these things has always bothered me a lot. It can't be that hard to add can it?

The new audio is coming later, they're thinking of redoing most everything minus spear kachunks.

Trishy

11-16-2012

Quote:
Stark Midnight:
This is a bug thread *******, not a preference thread. There is nothing wrong with pharaoh nidalee's human form. Just because you don't like the hair style doesn't make it a bug.

This is a bug and feedback thread on Nidalee's visual update. I was giving my feedback on how Pharaoh Nidalee looks horrible. They made an already hideous skin look worse.

Echorion

11-16-2012

Quote:
Numbat:
Nid's cougar animations need some work. Takedown feels really slow, like you hit before the animation does. When Nid pounces her rear end flies up really high compared to the rest of her body making it look clunky and unnatural. She's not a bunking donkey! Her cougar head seems a little stiff when walking but that part's not so bad.

The new audio is coming later, they're thinking of redoing most everything minus spear kachunks.

Okay cool, and ty, still wanna bring this up though just in case.

BeeLikesMango

11-16-2012

When she throws her javelin, in her previous skin the new javelin would pop out with a little smoke, i found it was really really cool, but now it's gone, could you do something similar? i find it kinda strange that suddenly there's a javelin without any animation to make it pop out