Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fredblaze01

11-16-2012

when you take a look at french maid nidalee cougar form it doesn't look at anything specific + lack detail.
in my opinion it should look like a BIG BLACK PANTER
http://greatcatsoftheworld.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/black-panter1.jpg

it feels like you took her main skin saber tooth form(cuz it looks like a saber tooth) and changed the color to black all her other skin have a specific feline form
(tiger sabertooth,leopard,siamois cat,black cat etc.)

also rename nidalee transformation to shapeshifting or cat sifting because I never type/say or name her ultimate the aspect of the cougar I always say shapeshifting catform transfom etc.

change the name of her ultimate because the main skin transformation is not a cougar anymore.

that's the main skin transformation , a tiger sabertooth: http://cjpeterso.edublogs.org/files/2010/01/saber-tooth-tiger.jpg

CowMeat

11-16-2012

When dancing as French Nidalee, I clip through my spear on several instances.

Opheliac

11-16-2012

Can we please give the bewitching Nidalee cat form some pupils?! Nightmare fuel y'all.

Also I know it's small but, Bewitching Nidalee's Human Form Q, the Javelin Toss, it goes from a broom to a spear during it's animation. Shouldn't it stay a broom?

Joystick

11-16-2012

To be honest I think the cougar's "pounce" ability still looks a little bit clunky as it moves across the terrain. It's not as smooth as I would like. It's not a make-it-or-break-it deal for me, but just thought I'd leave my thought here.

N49

11-16-2012

One thing I really dislike about the new French Maid skin is the shoulder straps for her outfit. I even decided to draw a quick picture to illustrate my point.

The boring version is just a generic maid. Dosen't really have much going for it.

The way better version is more true to Nidalee's wild nature, her original outfit, and adds a collar tag as a nice hint to her "house cat" status.

RIOT, please fix.

Mysnomer

11-16-2012

I'm still reading through the thread, but I haven't seen you respond to this, Rick, so I'll throw in my two cents. First, her classic skin's alternate form is not a cougar, not even remotely. Seeing as how Riot specifically called it "Aspect of the Cougar" I feel it should look like an earth cougar (save the saber-tooth tiger for a prehistoric skin*). Second, her French Maid and classic animal forms look very masculine. I played a game with FM and while recalling and facing the camera, I was struck by how old and wizened the browline looks. I mean, it's a neat look, but it fits a more grandfatherly character, not Nidalee. So, I'm saying I want sleeker cats and no Smilodons...yet.

Also, her pounce is weird on FM, it might not have enough frames or something, because it almost seems like an extremely short range teleport. She's just suddenly there.

*Y'know what had a "saber-tooth tiger" and was awesome? Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Y'know what league could use as it's next five character skin theme? The Beatles & Yoko Ono...no, but seriously, POWER RANGERS. Make it happen. (After you hit level nine, the character dons their power suit) Black: Jayce Yellow: Nidalee Blue: Fizz Pink: Ashe Red: Garen. Green is Shyvana, and when she and Nid transform you get cool lightning effects

PS: Where is my strikethrough text option? Do you know how hard it is to clearly convey humorous non-sequiter without strikethrough?

unkull

11-16-2012

Quote:
Dyshana:
/Shrug. I'm an art student and things such as asymmetry stand out to me. No need to be rude sir.

Sorry to dissapoint you there buddy, but women don't have assymetric boobs either.

DominusAsmodeus

11-16-2012

I have also played Pharoah Nidalee and found her Cougar Form was completely blue.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

11-16-2012

Something about Bewitching Nidalee,that has to be fixed: If you use her Q,then you throw a normal spear instead of her broom.

Also,her transformation still doesn't have bat particles,still the same ol' leaves.Doesn't fit for this skin.Fix it plox.

Stark Midnight

11-16-2012

Yesterday the egyptian model has no texture at all and was just blue. This is when nidalee is in her cat form,her human form was fine. Happened when i was in Dominion playing a game with bots and 1 other player and was consistent. No idea rather Riot is changing the texture which is the reason it's not there or if its a bug.