Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS157fe21a04744d8bc0335

12-13-2012

only feedback they listened on was the minority of feminists who don't even play the game

Sei Artista

12-13-2012

I think the issue with poledancing and other seemingly demoralized comments about riot and women is incorrect and needs to be looked at again.

While I am all for womens rights and against various other discriminations I do not stand for using something(and using it the wrong way) to pressure people into doing acceptible to me. Neither do I think that that is ok to push my way of thinking in my country on others. (in terms of different league of legends servers across the world.) The culture and customs are very different in some instances. Lets look at a few things as proof. Also, in conclusion I do not wish to accept Riot as a company that is seeming thrown in whatever direction by questionable notions. Just because something has a rhetoric position doesn't mean its correct. Riot as a company should be running on the basis of a dialectition. Which they have, but with the recent uproar about the demoralization of women and pushing that notion. First of all I think the notion is incorrect. Second, I think it would be wrong to be heard and should be used a different way. If people in this community demand a symposium why not the topic be instead be what is the right thing to do? and how should we treat our fellow players.

What is philosophy? The study of ultimacy, the most fundamental question a human being can ask. Philos-from anceint greek meaning love of. Sophia- also from ancient greek meaning wisdom.
What is ethics? A branch of philosophy that studies the correctness of human action. ethos- from classical greek meaning common, habit, norm
What is wisdom? Not age, but understanding of fundamental questions.

What is pole dancing?
Here is a wikipedia definition."Pole dance is a form of performing art, a combination of dance and gymnastics. It involves dancing and performing acrobatic tricks with a vertical pole and is an increasingly popular form of fitness and dance, practised by many enthusiasts in gyms or dedicated dance studios. A wide range of amateur and professional competitions are held in many countries around the world. Melissa Timms is a world champ at pole dancing."

What is feminism?
More wiki definitions "Feminism is a collection of movements and ideologies aimed at defining, establishing, and defending equal political, economic, and social rights for women.[1][2] This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment. A feminist is "an advocate or supporter of the rights and equality of women"

"The development of a female (feminist) identity has been compared to that of other minorities in the recognition of self. Specifically, the similarities examined between the two institutions of race and gender are issues of oppression and discrimination. This correlation is examined from the standpoint that when an individual is either openly vilified or more subtly judged due to an ascribed status of a "less than" identity, the self esteem is impaired, and academic performance may suffer (Perry, 1970). from http://faculty.deanza.edu/frasermary/stories/storyReader$292

What about things erotic? Should pole dancers be considered bad moral people when other forms of entertainment consider their entertainers good. Well lets look at a few people and their views.

"As a feminist I am often bothered by the fact that it seems to be the logical conclusion for many that modeling and anything related to it is inherently anti-feminist. That by using our own natural talent (which in this case would be our ability to meet certain standards of beauty, as created by patriarchy) to keep ourselves employed or to express ourselves artistically, we are causing some major damage to the movement."http://feminismfriday.wordpress.com/2009/07/24/modeling-while-feminist/

"The writer of the comment obviously found the sequined bikini offensive. Which made me wonder which part was more offensive, the sequins, or the bikini? She says that if I had have been wearing a gymnastics leotard, it would have been ok, and she would have been "awestruck." As rhythmic gymnasts' leotards are often sparkly and sequined, I assume that she must be ok with that. So is it the bikini? I wonder, how does she feel about female competitors in beach volleyball, or triathlons, or even female tennis players on hot days? Maybe it's the combination of the sparkles and the bikini that was too much for her. I hope she doesn't live near Bondi Beach. Or Oxford Street. And for God's sake, keep her away from the streets of Rio de Janeiro at Carneval time! " http://shimmypolediary.blogspot.com/...le-dancer.html

"I thought about her answer and wondered: what if stripping truly does make some women happy because they are in control? What if stripping made them happy because they are empowered by the money? What if they are doing it out of their own choice?" http://profeministmale.wordpress.com...exotic-dancer/

What about an extreme? What about the feminists movement for the right to bare breasts? (I will not post that or indulge any anyones crazy fantasy) Apparantly there is confusion and unfairness about the concerns on women in league of legends and I would like these things looked over and thought differently about.

(Communication is being understood. Slander is deplorable and dislikes should be too. I think its ridiculous that posts about this are downvoted with no comment. If you want to take part in the argument actually have an argument. The standard for being heard should not be clicking dislike. In my opinion it is to be looked down upon. )

Also before attacks the word erotic. Lets look at love in philosophy. (Answering the questions what is love would be beyond the scope of this argument for it is actually a highly discussed topic. So I will define it. If you'd like go and read Plato's Symposium)
Love is a commentative word. Philia in classicical greek is love of friendship, while eros - is erotic love, or desire. The term erotic derives from eros, and eros is love in terms of husband and wife for example.(in terms of love being eternal)
If you'd like more reading on where i stem my idea behind lack of consideration it is found in Ortega Y Gasset's Revolt of the masses.)
(let me define an argument
an argument is a rational acount. A rational account consists of declaritive statements.)

The TL: DR or argument
argument of league of legends consideration
1. League of Legends is an online game comprised of millions of human beings that have to work together to win.
2. Human beings deserve moral consideration.
3. Morality is of utmost importance.
4. A lack of consideration is the root of violence.
5. We should consider the correctness of our positions and its fairness to others.
6. Therefore pole dancing is moral.

Kurcheena

12-13-2012

Quote:
Terrornaut:
So, interesting. Unless they plan on updating again, they didn't do anything with the feedback like they said. If this is the case, we all basically might as well never post input on a possible rework unless its an obvious bug and not a design flaw.

Super disheartening, kind of depressing, the message they've sent. If it wasn't so much work to rerig the model, I'd just change the face back and post the edit.

Will we have ethnic/exotic Nid, or meatball face Nid? I suppose there's still time to hope.

This is kinda how I feel at the moment. People put time and effort, made extensive posts, posted screenshots, explained stuff in great detail - all with the purpose of ensuring the best possible update for their beloved champion.

And then not only was it ignored, but we were also decieved into believeing our feedback would matter.

I am aware not everyone will always be pleased and ofc not all suggestions can be implemented. But the majority of the testers here agreed on a few main problems.

Tenebrae Corvus

12-13-2012

It would be nice if they could say what's going to happen with Nidalee with regards to the feedback. Because the spotlight suggests that she's done and ready for launch.

Calling Clouds

12-13-2012

Yeah. Kinda weird for rickless to not let us know what's going on here.

Kurcheena

12-13-2012

Well, patch notes are up. patch coming soon. Apparenlty nothing was changed. This thread was mostly a waste of time it seems.

Quote:
HexedCat:
Yeah. Kinda weird for rickless to not let us know what's going on here.

Probably decided not to post anything at all since he has no good news.

Joystick

12-13-2012

@ricklessabandon Am I to understand that Nidalee is only receiving one new splash art? Will more be added later?

Kelhan

12-13-2012

At least change the arts of her skins...
You have to put a pig's face on her Pharaoh Art now.

123456jack

12-13-2012

can anyone play

123456jack

12-13-2012

it seams like nothing is happening