Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Conjuring

12-12-2012

Quote:
Conjuring:
Ok, so anyone read me, im gonna put some screenshots to this "bug/bad animation"
Besides the cougar is TOO small, when you run in that form, everytime you do a step, the body becomes shorter...
Its like the model is divided in 2, and when you do a step, they mix each other, making the body shorter..

The screenshots :

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9404/nidaleecomicok.png

As you can see, the body looks like a BALL, more than a cat body type
Is shorter than the minions o.0

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7531/nidaleedetail.png

More details...

Pls, fix the animation, and the size of the cougar..
Sorry about my english, is not my native laguage

An answer to the "cougar-ball"?

Tenebrae Corvus

12-12-2012

Quote:
Conjuring:
An answer to the "cougar-ball"?

This looks really strange.

BlueWallpaper

12-12-2012

the change to the dance was so trash - why make it bad? surely just leave it, or if pole dancing offends then just change it to something else. i don't see what making it bad achieves, is anyone going to say 'oh my! she pole dances!.... i guess it's ok though because she's bad at it....'

Humamaiglaa

12-12-2012

for bewitching nidalee on her e when she casts it instead of just the green effect coming off i think it should have bats flying around the target, then with the increased attack speed have a dark swirl around her hands, and also on in cougar form her e instead of the yellow colour it is it should be black

Clouds Chocobo

12-13-2012

I don't know if this is a bug or it's always been this way because I have not played nidalee very much but...
In cougar form her pounce doesn't go towards the cursor in smartcasting, it just leaps towards the direction in which she is facing. I think its supposed to go towards the cursor, because I have played her a couple of times and don't remember this ever happening, it makes it very difficult to hit minions with or anything to be honest, so I'm pretty sure its a bug. (this happened while playing without a skin on, have not tried with a skin yet to see if there is any difference)

ZenCat

12-13-2012

Quote:
Clouds Chocobo:
In cougar form her pounce doesn't go towards the cursor in smartcasting, it just leaps towards the direction in which she is facing. I think its supposed to go towards the cursor

Not a bug. Works like that on live as well.

IS157fe21a04744d8bc0335

12-13-2012

Please give nid the longer dance back, this new one is lame as hell, lame fits katarina, not nidalee.

seresibyl

12-13-2012

Did you guys get rid of her having 2 different runs in favor of one animation?

Terrornaut

12-13-2012

So, interesting. Unless they plan on updating again, they didn't do anything with the feedback like they said. If this is the case, we all basically might as well never post input on a possible rework unless its an obvious bug and not a design flaw.

Nobody I know on or off the forums understands the change to the dance and why it is now rushed at the end. I had two people who don't play league/know the characters ask why the end of it is so quick/noncommitting on her part.

Super disheartening, kind of depressing, the message they've sent. If it wasn't so much work to rerig the model, I'd just change the face back and post the edit.

Will we have ethnic/exotic Nid, or meatball face Nid? I suppose there's still time to hope.

Kurcheena

12-13-2012

Quote:
Tenebrae Corvus:
At the very least, some answers and context on the decisions made would be welcome.

Yes, please.