Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trishy

11-26-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
a couple of quick answers:

we've very recently done a color pass on this skin specifically to address feedback regarding how pink/white the skin will be.

All of her skins colors have been darkened/dulled, it just wasn't Snow Bunny. So, if you fixed that skin you should fix them all, please! Especially Leopard and Bewitching.

ZenCat

11-26-2012

Just tested French Maid Nidalee (after the new PBE patch came just now) and she's reverted to her old model?

Pheynix

11-26-2012

Quote:
ZenCat:
Just tested French Maid Nidalee (after the new PBE patch came just now) and she's reverted to her old model?

That's exactly what happened to me

ZenCat

11-26-2012

Yeah, tried Paraoh as well. Seems all skins were reverted to old model.

Kagome

11-26-2012

Just a suggestion, I think that Riot should make Nidalee's tail (on her new model) a bit smaller, it looks a little abnormal. I don't think the tail should be that wide. Thank you though Riot for being so nice and listening to our suggestions!!

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-26-2012

Quote:
ZenCat:

yes, this is intended. we've finished her pbe testing cycle for now.

we're going to go through all the feedback and notes we've gathered from this period and see what final changes she'll need. once we're all done, we'll put her back on the pbe (along with updated splash art) for a final round of testing to make sure her debut to live is smooth.

i won't close out this thread in the meantime—everyone is welcome to continue posting/discussing the visual update while we wrap up—we'll continue taking comments here until she ships.

thanks for all of the feedback so far, everyone! ♥

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-26-2012

oh, also! although she should be as she was before the update, there's still a chance i made an error somewhere when setting her back. if you play 'old' nidalee on the pbe and see any problems, please let me know. she should be just how she is on the normal servers, except with the new recommended items and +25 movement speed that come along with the new season 3 changes.

issues with old nidalee are much more urgent. you can post issues here or catch me on twitter:
@ricklessabandon

thanks again!

Ginga

Recruiter

11-26-2012

Hey Rick, if you're still lurking here, do you mind giving your thoughts on her cougar form?

I explained in details in this thread (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2800497) in the Arts feedback forum(I thought poeple looking for feedback on her rework would look there, and PBE would be on balance changes...) that her cougar form looks too usually masculine.

To keep it short and sweet, I used Diego and Shira from Ice Age to explain, and concluded with the fact that Nidalee looked even more masculine than Diego was. I also explained why gender does actually matter even to an animal, since it's both possible to tell them apart, and it should be easy to tell apart anyways in a stylized setting....mostly because quite a few people, hell, most seem to hold the belief that I'm looking for T&A on a cat.

Also...the R's name is Aspect of the Cougar. Why does she turn into a sabertoothed tiger with a lion's mane now rather than a cougar?

Prince Kassad

11-27-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
thanks for all of the feedback so far, everyone! ♥

Thanks! Even if some things don't get fixed, I'm glad you had this thread and took the time to respond to things. I'm sorry I didn't find any bugs!

#1 improvement of the Nidalee rework: you got rid of her triangular feet

#1 disappointment of the rework: you got rid of her triangular face

DeliriumTomorrow

11-27-2012

All I want out of this update is for them to adjust her face just ever so slightly. There were a lot of small features that gave her the feline, almost predatory quality that she had to her face, and now they are gone, in place of a very average, sort of grumpy looking face. Here are the things that are bugging me the most that I feel can be improved:

1. Change the shape of her eyes or her make-up to the cat-eye shape they had before.. It was a huge part of what made her face look feline in human form, indicating what she really is.
2. Make the overall shape of her face closer to what it used to be. Prior to the update, her face was much narrower at the bottom and wider towards her cheekbones, now her features look much less exotic.
3. Change the shape of her mouth to be closer to how it used to be, having a fuller lower lip than upper, with the corners just slightly upturned. This is the one that I really, really can't get over. It's the thing that really takes her personality out of her face for me. Before she looked eager to go on the prowl, now she just has a very blank, serious expression. It takes away more of her feline quality and makes her seem like more of a serious jungle-warrior type character.

I really hope that there's still room for feedback and suggestions. I think the quality and detail of the previous reworks have been amazing, but Nidalee is my favorite champion and I would hate to miss a chance to give feedback on her new look.