Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prince Kassad

11-24-2012

Quote:
RedDevilCG:
Wait... her skin colour offended you?! Are you sure you didn't mean disappointed you or something none racist?

I can be offended by someone changing the skin color of an established character (Snow Bunny Nidalee) and that doesn't make me racist... If Marvel Comics made a new comic book about Storm from X-Men and suddenly drew her as a white women, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would get offended. Getting offended about that wouldn't be racist lol.

Anyway, rickless said they were changing the SB Nidalee skin color back so I'm happy.

Sagee Prime

11-24-2012

Quote:
Prince Kassad:
Thank You. I have to say I was actually pretty offended to see Nidalee looking so caucasian/white/light-skinned in her new Leopard and Snow Bunny skins... I mean she was one of only a few tan/brown-skinned champions in the game. I hope this was sufficiently fixed. It's not like we have an absence of white females in this game, lol (not that I don't love white women too, but I just never thought of Nidalee as white).

Snowbunny was her only caucasion skin the rest of her skins should be an amazonian tribal skin tone. Her outfit color was way off though in the new snowbunny coloration.

Quote:
Stexe:
Bewitching is Limited Edition too and not coming back but she gets bats... Bats are probably harder to animate than some simple white particles.

If you listened to what "ricklessabandon" said he mentioned that they weren't creating new particles for Nidalee but they were reusing currently available assets to replace some of her old particles like Vayne's bats from her ult on bewitching Nidalee.

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
a couple of quick answers:

we've very recently done a color pass on this skin specifically to address feedback regarding how pink/white the skin will be.

the visual update for nidalee is essentially one new set of animations and particles applied to all of her skins. so the answer would have been 'no' but there are currently two exceptions:
-the javelin visual effects for nidalee's basic attacks and javelin toss ability will match her character model's javelin for the french maid, pharaoh, and bewitching skins.
-the new 'leaves' visual effects used in most of nidalee's abilities will be replaced by bats for the bewitching skin.

so while we didn't really create 'new' particles for any of her skins, we did tell some of her skins to use different assets on a couple of occasions.

I just hope this means that her other skins can get some of this treatment. Nasus sand particles for pharaoh Nidalee, and frost blade Irelia's diamond dust particles for Snowbunny Nidalee.

Gurei Fullbuster

11-24-2012

Quote:
Stexe:
Bewitching is Limited Edition too and not coming back but she gets bats... Bats are probably harder to animate than some simple white particles.

Well, it's a bit different with Bewitching Nidalee. She came out at the same time that Haunting Nocturne (not sure on the name of the skin, but I have it and it's the "white ghost costume" skin). He had his normal black dusk trail, and people got upset about that and a petition got popular to change it to a bluish-green-grey. Riot agreed, and so it was changed promptly, without much delay. However, when the same type of thematic issue for Bewitching Nidalee (which was released simultaneously), it was "ignored." I put ignored in quotes because it seems to me they that Riot decided internally that they agreed, but they knew they'd remodel her eventually anyway, so they decided to wait until the remodel was finished before they re-did her particles properly (in relation to theme).

TL;DR I think Riot intended to change her particles to more thematically suitable ones soon after the skin was released, but decided to delay it until they finished her remodel to save on additional, wasted effort on a skin that they planned to remodel anyway. (though I imagine they intended to finish the remodel a while ago, or else they might've changed it soon after they changed Nocturne's skin).

Conjuring

11-24-2012

Guys, you really have to fix the cougar size (too small) and run animation..
The body shrinks every step.. :S

Sorry about my poor english

Kelhan

11-25-2012

I must say that I love Nidalee in every aspect and when I saw that she was getting a visual upgrade, I was clearly happy about it (those feets...). But now I don't have as much enthusiasm.

First of all, her new "cougar" form. Why replace the cougar by a saberthooth? Her lore is all about her living in the JUNGLE (not iceage). She had that feline feel about her, being tall, slim, evasive and "pouncy". Now she's kinda a big badass cat which isn't clearly the "feel" we should have when playing Nidalee. She's all about poking, ranged harass, being hard to catch and quick in the bushes. Not some big bully. She needs to be agile.

Second, her face... omg her face. She had that exotic look that was her signature.Now she looks like the girl next door in stripper clothing. Her base skins and the recolored ones (snow bunny and leopard) aren't so bad but still. Her Pharaoh skin is ATROCIOUS. How come she gets that little chubby face? She doesn't look exotic at all, she has leg guards (!?). Nidalee lost her "signature" exotic face and it's really a shame.

Third... why mess up that much with her height? The old bewitching Nidalee is 10 times better and the height helps that a lot. The new rounder (?) face plus the fact that she's smaller isn't helping at all. Before she was slender, which fits perfectly with her jungle lore, being quick in the bushes, evasive, fast striking etc.

Pharaoh and Bewitching Nidalee got downgrades, not upgrades.
The only good fixes I see is a more detailed char, no more triangle feets and personalized spears.

I'm sorry to say that to whoever worked on her... but it's clearly lacking and unrepresentative of what Nidalee should feel like. You should have done a legendary iceaged themed skin, not put a saberthooth all across.

Edit: I really tried to be clear and all in what I said, but I don't write often in english and since it's not my primary language... please don't be too harsh

Kurcheena

11-25-2012

Would it be at all possible to use some of the existing snow particles (Ashe, Frostblade Irelia) on Snow Bunny?

Prince Kassad

11-25-2012

Quote:
Sagee Prime:
Snowbunny was her only caucasion skin

Click on the picture in my original post. Her Snow Bunny skin used to be just as dark as her other skins. I don't personally own the Snow Bunny skin, but I own several skins (including Pharoah Nidalee) and I wouldn't be happy if they changed the skin color on any champion skin that I own. I am really glad that they are changing it back to darker skin and hot-pink clothing. ^_^

Prince Kassad

11-25-2012

Quote:
Kurcheena:
Would it be at all possible to use some of the existing snow particles (Ashe, Frostblade Irelia) on Snow Bunny?

New particles would be so awesome. Fixing her face would still be my #1 priority tho.

Sagee Prime

11-25-2012

Quote:
Prince Kassad:
Click on the picture in my original post. Her Snow Bunny skin used to be just as dark as her other skins. I don't personally own the Snow Bunny skin, but I own several skins (including Pharoah Nidalee) and I wouldn't be happy if they changed the skin color on any champion skin that I own. I am really glad that they are changing it back to darker skin and hot-pink clothing. ^_^

I would just like to point this out and I own all of her skins including snowbunny. Her in game model on all of her skins don't really match the splash art but as a general rule of thumb what is represented by the splash art is how the in game model is typically supposed to look. Snowbunny is supposed to be a lighter color.

The rest of her models have darker skin tones than before so I don't know what the argument there is.

I do agree with the clothing color but the skin tone on snowbunny should retain its lightness.

Malíce

Recruiter

11-25-2012

I dont like her new face (. the classic snow bunny and maid are mediocre but not horrible but the pharaoh
and the bewitching are HORRIBLE! Actually, everything about the bewitching one looks icky save the bat particles