Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cocacolalips

11-24-2012

Give her her face back. What the hell.

Nidalee is a wild, shaman goddess of the jungle. she's tall, she's slender, she's agile, she's athletic, she's animal, she's a predator.
Not that random chubby girl who drinks too much chocolate milk.

Her old face is Nidalee, the current one is not. Change it.

Prince Kassad

11-24-2012

Quote:
cocacolalips:
Give her her face back. What the hell.

Nidalee is a wild, shaman goddess of the jungle. she's tall, she's slender, she's agile, she's athletic, she's a predator.
Not that random chubby girl who drinks too much chocolate milk.

Her old face is Nidalee, the current one is not. Change it.

I definitely agree that her face is too round now, but I definitely don't think her new body is chubby. She still has like a 16'' waist. Now she just has human-sized bones intead of Betty-Spaghetti proportions.

ZenCat

11-24-2012

Can't speak for everyone, but it seems that (according to this thread and the one in General Discussion forum (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2831446)) people have an issue mostly with:

-her face
-muting (tonig down/desaturation) of colors
-Pharaoh and Bewitched model issues

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, tested her new Bewitched bat particles and they look great.
I also love the stop animation (when you stop running inertia has a slight effect on her body).
Her Bewitched heels seem to clip a bit on the ground while she's moving. Minor detail.

Also, I'm curious are the brush particles (speed buff while she's standing in the brush) final? Or will they change? I believe she's using Fionas "speed" particles currently.

Stexe

Recruiter

11-24-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

-the new 'leaves' visual effects used in most of nidalee's abilities will be replaced by bats for the bewitching skin.

so while we didn't really create 'new' particles for any of her skins, we did tell her some of her skins to use different assets on a couple of occasions.

Can we get a snow particle for Snow Bunny Nidalee? Having leafs just seems weird to me...

ZenCat

11-24-2012

Quote:
Stexe:
Can we get a snow particle for Snow Bunny Nidalee? Having leafs just seems weird to me...

I'd really love that. So much. Snow/frost particles (like Irelia has) it would really look amazing on that skin.

But realistically I don't see it happening. (them wasting additional time and resources on a skin that wont even be available for purchase ever again is unlikely)

Stexe

Recruiter

11-24-2012

Quote:
ZenCat:
I'd really love that. So much. Snow/frost particles (like Irelia has) it would really look amazing on that skin.

But realistically I don't see it happening. (them wasting additional time and resources on a skin that wont even be available for purchase ever again is unlikely)

Bewitching is Limited Edition too and not coming back but she gets bats... Bats are probably harder to animate than some simple white particles.

Terrornaut

11-24-2012

Quote:
Prince Kassad:
Thank You. I have to say I was actually pretty offended to see Nidalee looking so caucasian/white/light-skinned in her new Leopard and Snow Bunny skins... I mean she was one of only a few tan/brown-skinned champions in the game. I hope this was sufficiently fixed. It's not like we have an absence of white females in this game, lol (not that I don't love white women too, but I just never thought of Nidalee as white).

Also: What happened to Nidalee's signature cheekbones!?! They are completely gone. Her face doesn't look as dynamic as it used to!

I wasn't offended, just kind of sad. Riot's art team took away our one brown female in league. I do like the changes to her overall frame, thicker, tighter more distinct silhouette though. The changes to her face - more plain, round-faced average looking female was a huge blow though.

Nid had such a distinct look with the clearly non-caucasian facial features, her spear, and that crazy long pony tail - you wouldn't take away Vayne's hair, or her cape, so why remove part of what makes Nid unique?

Now plenty of people, probably plenty in Riot as well, won't care and may say brown characters don't read well on screen or there isn't rune for them in Runeterra or something, but is that really a critical detail to be tight over? Morello flat out said in a thread about the possibility of black/brown champs that it wasn't the aesthetic he was looking for (and I will forever kick myself for not bookmarking it, that **** hurt). Maybe this is the direction Riot is going in. Maybe they just didn't notice and don't particular care.

I'm not angry, just disheartened with yet another game dev company with a very creative art crew that is either too uninterested, or uncomfortable with anything but fantasy creatures, machines, and completely white characters. You'd figure these sorts of people would like variety just for variety sake.

Who knows, maybe it'll change. Riot has some super talented people in its ranks, but I don't know enough of who they are and what goes on to say they'll do anything differently. The Zyra-Syndra-Elise spree definitely speaks of a certain homogenous taste at Riot, or at least whoever the art director that finally approves things. They may be getting/already stagnant in their perspectives for designs.

TL;DR: Not angry with the facial changes to Nid and lightning/whitening her up, just disappointed and disheartened Riot is so set on not having brown people.

Bes7iA

11-24-2012

im sorry but the old body model and face were definately more beautyfull, the only problem with her were the outfits and the stingrays feet

i play nidalee a lot and i do not like the new body and face model, the outfits are really good, but the model changed too much, and i love nidalee's face now do not change it pls

RedDevilCG

11-24-2012

Quote:
Prince Kassad:
Thank You. I have to say I was actually pretty offended to see Nidalee looking so caucasian/white/light-skinned in her new Leopard and Snow Bunny skins...
Wait... her skin colour offended you?! Are you sure you didn't mean disappointed you or something none racist?

Nimthiel

11-24-2012

I brought this up in another thread, but if I can put my two cents here as suggestions, I think the snow bunny's hair should be more white than gray (makes her look more like an old lady) and I think her war paint should be more visible and on her skins.

Also, I personally have a huge problem with her leopard skin. This hasn't been mentioned yet, but her outfit doesn't have leopard prints on them anymore (well... its there, but its really hard to see and they're just spots, not leopard prints) and the cougar is extremely disappointing. It's now a saber tooth with spots, not even a leopard anymore. I mean, I like the new cougar for the classic skin, but its supposed to be a leopard, which is the whole theme and point behind the skin. This is what made this skin so unique to me, and I would have bought it in a heartbeat for this reason if I played at the time. I'm not trying to QQ or anything as personally I don't have the skin, but I think it's a necessary change and this would be something good to look into since leopard print is very distinctive and specific, and that's the point behind the skin. I'm not saying change the whole model since it must have been a lot of work, but maybe just change the pattern on the cougar and on her human clothing to have actual leopard prints.