Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-24-2012

a couple of quick answers:

Quote:
Kurcheena:
May we please get a response on this?

we've very recently done a color pass on this skin specifically to address feedback regarding how pink/white the skin will be.

Quote:
Tenebrae Corvus:
Firstly, will Nidalee's skins be getting new particles? That is, different from her classic skin.

the visual update for nidalee is essentially one new set of animations and particles applied to all of her skins. so the answer would have been 'no' but there are currently two exceptions:
-the javelin visual effects for nidalee's basic attacks and javelin toss ability will match her character model's javelin for the french maid, pharaoh, and bewitching skins.
-the new 'leaves' visual effects used in most of nidalee's abilities will be replaced by bats for the bewitching skin.

so while we didn't really create 'new' particles for any of her skins, we did tell her some of her skins to use different assets on a couple of occasions.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-24-2012

Quote:
ZenCat:
I'd just like to mention that A LOT of the visual rework feedback was posted here

yes, i saw the thread—thanks for putting that together, along with the screenshots—it's certainly helpful.

Sephïroth

11-24-2012

Are you guys going to finally suck it up and fix her Cougar W to go where you want it to go instead of where she's facing?

She's always seemed so clunky, though I love her, because of this.

Prince Kassad

11-24-2012

Quote:
Kurcheena:
This skin is never gonna be available for purchase again, so you're not "appealing to a wide audience" with these changes. You're supposed to appeal to those of us who already have it. And we love her PINK and dark skinned!

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
we've very recently done a color pass on this skin specifically to address feedback regarding how pink/white the skin will be.

Thank You. I have to say I was actually pretty offended to see Nidalee looking so caucasian/white/light-skinned in her new Leopard and Snow Bunny skins... I mean she was one of only a few tan/brown-skinned champions in the game. I hope this was sufficiently fixed. It's not like we have an absence of white females in this game, lol (not that I don't love white women too, but I just never thought of Nidalee as white).

Also: What happened to Nidalee's signature cheekbones!?! They are completely gone. Her face doesn't look as dynamic as it used to!

Oberic

Recruiter

11-24-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

Good, because I bought her release bundle for that skin because of the mix of pink+white working so well with her lighter skin.
And that says a decent amount I think, I've only bought two champions with RP, and both bundles, Nidalee and Kha'zix strictly because the skins were that good.

ZenCat

11-24-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

*dances with joy*

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
yes, i saw the thread—thanks for putting that together, along with the screenshots—it's certainly helpful.

Thank you so much.
Whatever the end result will be, it's really nice being heard.

SwiftSwrd

11-24-2012

Quote:
Warkeiser:
Nidalee's Javelin Toss spears cannot be seen if thrown from the fog of war.

Description
If an enemy Nidalee uses Javelin Toss to throw a spear from the Fog of War (IE she can't be seen by you), and she does not reveal herself until the spear has either hit something or reached the maximum range it can fly, the spear will be completely invisible and will only be revealed if Nidalee steps into a place where you have vision. However, the small green wispy particles can still be seen around where the spear would be.

Reproduction Steps
1. Have an enemy Nidalee use Javelin Toss from the Fog of War. She should not move out of the fog and into your vision.
2. You will notice the spear itself is invisible, however its surrounding particles are not.

This is kind of ridiculous considering a spear you can't see could easily chunk half your health in the most unfair of manners.

I've had this glitch too, from what I've seen it appears to happen when thrown from fog of war and in a bush. No spear and then I hear the sound and someone on my team has the spear particles appear and disappear in about .5s, at the location that it would be if they were just hit by the edge of the particle.

Quote:
Ququroon:
Hey Warkeiser.

I'm trying to look into this, but I'm not able to get this to work. When I throw the spear, it's seen normally, with the spear, green particle, and orange particle. Perhaps it's something relating to your settings? What are your Video settings set to? More information could help me find and fix this.

I agree that I'd rather not have invisible spears flying at me/others if necessary. Those things tend to hurt.

I don't mean to be rude - but you did have someone in that game where you were testing, on the enemy team, and were making sure they could see the spear, correct? Also, even when the trajectory was from a bush it didn't happen every time. I'm afraid much like Viktor's laser, we've got a heisenbug here. If it might mean anything for recreating the bug, I run the game in borderless window mode.

Ixyn Lord

11-24-2012

They should make her W on Cougar form to go where the mouse is poiting, not where she's facing.

Gurei Fullbuster

11-24-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
a couple of quick answers:

the visual update for nidalee is essentially one new set of animations and particles applied to all of her skins. so the answer would have been 'no' but there are currently two exceptions:
-the javelin visual effects for nidalee's basic attacks and javelin toss ability will match her character model's javelin for the french maid, pharaoh, and bewitching skins.
-the new 'leaves' visual effects used in most of nidalee's abilities will be replaced by bats for the bewitching skin.

so while we didn't really create 'new' particles for any of her skins, we did tell her some of her skins to use different assets on a couple of occasions.

!

Kikhan

11-24-2012

I just want to know somewhere since I can't get into the pbe. Did Riot fix her cougar forms stride? Both legs on one side should not be walking at the same time.