Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ixyn Lord

11-22-2012

Another thing about Nidalee's remake: Where does she gets her spears while auto attacking? You know, on the old model, she use some kind of magic to recreate her spears and throw it again, but on the new model she just get her spears out of no where, it looks silly. lol

Can't Riot do something about it?

Tenebrae Corvus

11-22-2012

This was previously posted as a link, this time goes the full wall because I'm really concerned about how Nidalee is going; as the launch date approaches.

Firstly, will Nidalee's skins be getting new particles? That is, different from her classic skin.
Morello mentioned during the Ashe visual remake that adding new purple particles to Amethyst Ashe wouldn't be a problem; as all skins were being heavily worked on. She eventually received the particles which made the skin quite special.

Besides, last year there was a petition to add bat particles, instead of leaves, to Bewitching Nidalee. So, are bat particles a possibility? Other skins may benefit from new particles but Bewitching Nidalee was the one with a specific petition.
In addition to this, Bewitching Nidalee's corset seems too loose and makes her look a little fat. Her current self or the new French Maid Nidalee don't have that problem though.

Secondly, why does Pharaoh Nidalee wear metal leg warmers? Not to sound ungrateful for the wonderful work put on her upgrade but a look closer to her Chinese splash art seems more appealing. From the waist up, it's alright but the legs look strange: a mix of impractical armour and regal gold.
Furthermore, her cougar form looks better with higher contrast, that is black and white instead of white and grey. Still, the cougar model is great yet the old earring didn't look that bad.

French Maid Nidalee looks quite nice but her legs and shoes appear rather plain. For instance, not to be an advocate of combat heels but if you are going for a fetish you might consider to dive fully. She wouldn't be the first fighting in stilettos anyway. Besides, the feather duster reference on the javelin feels too minor.
Something similar can be said about her cougar form: it's unexciting. It looks like a dark cat wearing a bib. Maybe she could reference a traditional house pet in some other way.

Leopard and Snow Bunny Nidalee look good for re-textures but it would be nice if they could receive some little additions like Pax Twisted Fate or Jack of Hearts did.

Finally, sorry for the wall of text but wanted to give useful feedback. Thanks for your time and all the great work poured into remaking champions. Know that it's greatly appreciated.

tohki

11-22-2012

not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I think the old bewitching nidalee's face looks much better than the new one. not that I even own the skin...
the new one has horrible eye shadow, and she looks... I don't know, older?

comparisons here for people who haven't seen:
OLD: http://lol.zones.gamebase.com.tw/skin_view/nidalee_witch?mode=#skin
NEW: http://lol.zones.gamebase.com.tw/skin_view/nidalee_witch_2012?mode=#skin

(also using left and right click is a lot easier than the controls on the viewer)

Route 34

11-22-2012

i think the colors on the bewitching skin should be lightened. as it stands now i like the old skin over the new one.
the old one is bright spunky and cute
and the new one just kinda makes her look old, tired and somewhat like a hag.

ZenCat

11-22-2012

Quote:
tohki:
not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I think the old bewitching nidalee's face looks much better than the new one. not that I even own the skin...
the new one has horrible eye shadow, and she looks... I don't know, older?

comparisons here for people who haven't seen:
OLD: http://lol.zones.gamebase.com.tw/skin_view/nidalee_witch?mode=#skin
NEW: http://lol.zones.gamebase.com.tw/skin_view/nidalee_witch_2012?mode=#skin

Actually if you look at those 2 skins, OLD bewitching Nidalee looks much better.
NEW one has
-worse face
-her heels are compellingly screwed up (old one had good heel model)
-proportions are better on the old one

(not gonna mention NEW one has smaller boobs cos I'm gonna get feminist-hate so we're skipping that...)

Kurcheena

11-22-2012

Quote:
ZenCat:
Snow Bunny Nidalee issues

old Snow Bunny - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG8wiXFm9CI
new Snow Bunny - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0pQN_g93tU

1.Color choice
I'm one of the SB owners and we always loved her "Strawberry & cream" color setup. New skin has shifted her color from pink-red to more classic red. I know it's an Xmas skin, but that "pink" is one of the things that made that skin look so fantastic.
PLEASE modify it back into "hot pink".

2.Color intensity/saturation
Her new colors seem very subdued and pale compared to old intense saturated look. :/

3.Boots
I know it's a design decision, but as a designer I feel the need to point out that making her new boots completely white is throwing off the color balance of her outfit.

I know some people might feel this is nitpicking, but these details are really important to some of us. Other than that - I must congratulate you on AMAZING model rework. Despite mentioned flaws, this was superb work.

Thank you.

Please leave Snow Bunny PINK! Don't change the main feature of that skin!
We love her pink! (and dark skined)

This skin is never gonna be available for purchase again, so you're not "appealing to a wide audience" with these changes. You're supposed to appeal to those of us who already have it. And we love her PINK and dark skinned!

WHY such a drastic change now? :/

May we please get a response on this?

tohki

11-22-2012

Quote:
ZenCat:
Actually if you look at those 2 skins, OLD bewitching Nidalee looks much better.
NEW one has
-worse face
-her heels are compellingly screwed up (old one had good heel model)
-proportions are better on the old one

(not gonna mention NEW one has smaller boobs cos I'm gonna get feminist-hate so we're skipping that...)

isn't that what I said...?

if you look closer it's not actually that the boobs are smaller, but that the new one's torso is bigger. if her stomach gets trimmed back a little it should make them (her boobs) more prominent like in the old one.

Sagee Prime

11-22-2012

It would have ben nice to get a little more distinction on some of Nidalee unique skins like snow bunny but since most of the models are done I think the only feasible thing to ask for is unique particles for each skin.

Since she isn't fully complete until she is released from the PBE could we get some different particles for her different skins.

For instance it would be awesome if snowbunny got the diamond dust particles that Frost blade Irelia has constantly trailing her and have a much denser trail when exiting brush and using skills. Could we also remove the leg warmers and give her pink boots?

Looks like Bewitching finally got her bats instead of leaves

Leopard could have really orange particles with perhaps some more jungle themed leave particles

Frenchmaid could have more white particles with feathers

Pharaoh could have yellow particles with small burst of sand instead of leaves. Also why does she have shin guards now?

Since this is for feedback I figured I'd give my recommendations. I like where i has come so far but think her skins could use some distinction besides mainly color.

ThePr0digy

Recruiter

11-22-2012

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but it bugs me to no end. French maid's leg clips through her skirt and it looks like there's a glitchy hole in it.

ZenCat

11-23-2012

I'd just like to mention that A LOT of the visual rework feedback was posted here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2831446

Might wanna take a look because people are not pleased with some things. Great rework otherwise.

Thank you.