Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warkeiser

Senior Member

11-18-2012

Nidalee's Javelin Toss spears cannot be seen if thrown from the fog of war.

Description
If an enemy Nidalee uses Javelin Toss to throw a spear from the Fog of War (IE she can't be seen by you), and she does not reveal herself until the spear has either hit something or reached the maximum range it can fly, the spear will be completely invisible and will only be revealed if Nidalee steps into a place where you have vision. However, the small green wispy particles can still be seen around where the spear would be.

Reproduction Steps
1. Have an enemy Nidalee use Javelin Toss from the Fog of War. She should not move out of the fog and into your vision.
2. You will notice the spear itself is invisible, however its surrounding particles are not.

This is kind of ridiculous considering a spear you can't see could easily chunk half your health in the most unfair of manners.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blossora

Senior Member

11-18-2012

The bugs I've encountered have already been posted on. However if there's one thing I would like to see changed the most, it's the human form running animation. It fits her own hunter theme, sure, but it's just so awkward and looks painful on the back. I would prefer she used her new run animation when her passive is active, and an upright, okay-posture animation otherwise.

Also the several posts about her cougar form size and their forms not fitting the image in relevance or gender I would agree with. But those things I can live with if I had to. The running animation, I cannot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CowMeat

Senior Member

11-19-2012

I like the visual update for human Nid. I would appreciate it if the cats were very different from each other.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ququroon

QA Analyst

11-19-2012

Quote:
Warkeiser:
Nidalee's Javelin Toss spears cannot be seen if thrown from the fog of war.

Description
If an enemy Nidalee uses Javelin Toss to throw a spear from the Fog of War (IE she can't be seen by you), and she does not reveal herself until the spear has either hit something or reached the maximum range it can fly, the spear will be completely invisible and will only be revealed if Nidalee steps into a place where you have vision. However, the small green wispy particles can still be seen around where the spear would be.

Reproduction Steps
1. Have an enemy Nidalee use Javelin Toss from the Fog of War. She should not move out of the fog and into your vision.
2. You will notice the spear itself is invisible, however its surrounding particles are not.

This is kind of ridiculous considering a spear you can't see could easily chunk half your health in the most unfair of manners.


Hey Warkeiser.

I'm trying to look into this, but I'm not able to get this to work. When I throw the spear, it's seen normally, with the spear, green particle, and orange particle. Perhaps it's something relating to your settings? What are your Video settings set to? More information could help me find and fix this.

I agree that I'd rather not have invisible spears flying at me/others if necessary. Those things tend to hurt.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warkeiser

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Ququroon:
Hey Warkeiser.

I'm trying to look into this, but I'm not able to get this to work. When I throw the spear, it's seen normally, with the spear, green particle, and orange particle. Perhaps it's something relating to your settings? What are your Video settings set to? More information could help me find and fix this.

I agree that I'd rather not have invisible spears flying at me/others if necessary. Those things tend to hurt.


The spears will not be invisible to the thrower. The spears will be invisible to enemies when they do not have vision on the thrower.

I will give my video settings when I log in, currently waiting in the queue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LastProtagonist

Senior Member

11-19-2012

This isn't just an issue with the upgraded Nidalee; in Twisted Treeline! on live, if you're standing on your altar, and Nidalee chucks a spear at you, you won't see it until it hits you. There are also difficulties seeing Pantheon's Mandrop onto an altar.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clarste

Member

11-19-2012

Wait, this isn't how it's supposed to work? I've always thought it was silly, but not a bug. It works like this on live in Dominion anyway, and has for as long as I can remember.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apollinarius

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Ququroon:
Hey Warkeiser.

I'm trying to look into this, but I'm not able to get this to work. When I throw the spear, it's seen normally, with the spear, green particle, and orange particle. Perhaps it's something relating to your settings? What are your Video settings set to? More information could help me find and fix this.

I agree that I'd rather not have invisible spears flying at me/others if necessary. Those things tend to hurt.


I have seen this behavior with Sivir's Q, Leona's Zenith Blade and some other skillshots. Instead of seeing all of the particles, you only see some.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warkeiser

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Quote:
Apollinarius:
I have seen this behavior with Sivir's Q, Leona's Zenith Blade and some other skillshots. Instead of seeing all of the particles, you only see some.


I'd noticed it with Jayce's Q before, but that was when he was released and it was likely fixed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JYarbz

Senior Member

11-19-2012

Used to happen with gragas q too i think.