PBE changes up. I wonder how dominion will do with all of this

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TakoyakiGunso

11-16-2012

If there's enough interest on here with people access to PBE we should try and group up and get into some customs or something to get some tests and discussions with actual practice instead of just theory craft.

Apollinarius

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldrath View Post
The Deathcap nerf means they are going to have to buff all the AP casters to let them keep up on SR = good for Dominion balance. The Infinity Edge nerf might do the same for AD carries, but not nearly as much.

Also, BFT 2.0 for champs with permaslows/Rylai's/Phage:

Liandry's Torment
Item Cost: 2900
Recipe Cost: 980
+70 Ability Power +200 Health
UNIQUE Passive - Eyes of Pain: +15 Magic Penetration
UNIQUE Passive: Dealing spell damage burns enemies for 5% of their current Health as magic damage over 3 seconds. If their movement is impaired, they take double damage from this effect.

And actual BFT is getting a buff for champs with sustained damage, changing to 3.5% for 2 seconds instead of 5% for 3, which is 5.25% per 3 seconds.
Brand is going to like Liandry's. He builds a Rylai's, and each spell he casts will burn for almost 30% of max hp (taking into account his own 8%, and the 7 seconds of empowered burn due to Rylai's proccing off Brand's passive and the item's passive.)

Apollinarius

11-16-2012

Randouin's doesn't have AS slow anymore on the active. S3 looks like it's going to be the season of the unstoppable autoattacking bruisers. Hello Jax/Xin/Olaf. It's good to know you needed the buff.

Les Nomerables

Game Designer

11-16-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Frozen Fist really opens so many interesting thoughts....

All the people who can get triforce and FH can consider it, they also lose on the FH passive, but it's definitely an interesting thing to think about - do you want Frozen Fist, or do you want triforce and FH? Or Frozen mallet and FH, etc.

Really thought provoking, the choice. OMG, actual choices, more choices. I'm glad.
I think Frozen Fist is going to be very abusive on all maps. I'm enabling it on Dominion for now, but I have a feeling it won't be received well.

MMKH

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I think Frozen Fist is going to be very abusive on all maps. I'm enabling it on Dominion for now, but I have a feeling it won't be received well.
Frozen Fist, Frozen Heart, and Frozen Mallet, the new meta-golem. Buy ALL the frozen items.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

I think overall there are too many changes for anyone that isn't in PBE to be able to do accurate predictions.
However as a ranged ad player i'm sad to see all their core items nerfed. (IE, PD, SB, LW all nerfed). However the more expensive armor and nerf to expensive items may compensare/overcompensate.
My major concern is that it seems instanukes assasins are reciving the major buffs here, and ranged AD just hate them.

So actually my prediction is that champs like Fizz, Leblanc and talon are getting the major buffs and good chance they become the best archetype.

But as as I said with so many changes, very hard to predict.

Orphane

11-16-2012

It's really nice that a lot of items are getting more upgrade paths. Frozen Fist is going to be plain nasty on people like Blitz and Jax.

Also it feels like Zephyr is intended to help out AD carries but is still going to probably end up benefiting bruisers more :/

Sword of the Divine also seems like it might be incredibly abusive with tripletap Xin Zhaos and whatnot running around...

DiscworldDeath

11-16-2012

I think Frozen Fist is so different that it's going to have to take tests to see how it is.

But yeah, the more I keep thinking of it, the more I see it crazy on people.

Frozen Fist Cassiopeia. Frozen Fist Urgot. Frozen Fist Xin Zhao, Frozen Fist Jax...
Some of these champs also work well with triforce, so only testing will show how good FF will be compared to TF on these champs.
But yeah, FF Urgot.

SuperQuackDuck

11-16-2012

I wanna play FF poppy...

Ekis the Seraph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'm just saying, Nome you've made Rammus into an unstoppable CC tank of awesomeness with Frozen Fist. Taunt + Slow + Pimpsmack will be glorious (it'll boost ALL of his capabilities xD)