Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Opheliac

11-16-2012

So far she's pretty amazing, I only have a few questions/gripes that I'd like to address. Being a support player I know I would like to use her often.

I guess I'll follow suit and go in order:

Q - The only thing I don't like about this spell is it's hitbox, the area affected by the spell seems to be smaller than it looks, which makes it hard to gauge where and when to cast in both offensive and defensive situations. I had to take this spell off of smartcast just so I could really see where it was hitting. Sometimes enemies that should have been hit don't get hit and other enemies do. The CC is amazing and it really adds something special to the game, the total disable time seems a bit longer than the stun duration though.

W - Two Words, Mana Cost. For this to be her "low cooldown/bread and butter ability" it's simply too expensive at all ranks. Seriously, the damage and heal are completely negligible unless you stack AP for how much mana it costs. I can get more damage AND healing out of Karma's Mantra'd Q with roughly the same or less AP for 25 less mana per cast at max rank! (I'm not joking)
My suggestion would be to lower it to be at about 90 or 100 mana at rank 5 and lower the other ranks according, OR increase the base damage/healing by about 10-15%, OR increase the AP ratio so putting some AP on her makes it worth it, OR just make her mana pool about 100 mana bigger as base/make her base mp/5 higher.

E - I love this spell, I love it a lot, I like the on hit splash graphics makes it look epic with the new tiamat shockwave on melee characters. However the blue glow in the hands is a little to hard to see. But other than that I like it! The slow is great for all characters, and conjoined with her passive makes it very useful spell.

R - Personally, I don't like how slow the whole spell moves, the activation, startup, and travel speed are all slow, but I understand why it has to be slow. The range is great, I would relly like a Minimap range indicator since it goes so far out of view distance. It would be REALLY cool if the wave passing through allies would trigger her passive and make them faster. That way if an enemy avoids it, it's not a total loss, at least someone got a speed boost.

Edited for clarity.

Prismetrix

11-16-2012

I am sort of wondering why her ult is so strong? I thought Morello really disliked Sona's ult because it is such a strong initiation tool that is usually relegated to "tanks". Isn't Nami's the same sort of strength and utility as Crescendo? How did he let this slip?

CowMeat

11-16-2012

Cool champ idea. I got absolutely murdered with her in my first game. On the other hand, I saw someone do quite well with her mid. I think I just need more practice...

XianL

11-16-2012

Would like it a red, maybe someone on the art group for Nami to respond -

With all the recent controversy surrounding the portrayal of women in League, why did you go in the direction of large breast and extreme cleavage...again.

I love breasts as much as the next guy, but this trend isn't helping.

Noblepeasant

11-16-2012

Are you concerned that with Nami's AP ratios she'll be too successful as an AP mid? Think Janna pre AP ratio nerf..

Menea6587

11-16-2012

Quote:
Blue3345:
Personally I think she's missing something. I don't see why I should play her over Sona or Janna or something. Maybe I'm using it wrong but her E feels lackluster. That's just me though.

Math-wise, her skills look like the off-spring of Soraka and Leona. (I wonder what that would look like visually...)
Her W heals more than Soraka's in a trade for comparable mana costs. Her E is enough to be that extra bit to burst someone down early game. Her Q is the signal for the enemy to prepare their anus.

Not to mention that her passive allows an ally to prevent the enemy from escaping if she lands her skills correctly (much like Leona's burst).

ColbyfanKazuka

11-16-2012

Why did you give her an aoe cc ultimate like Sona, when you want her to be a support. You have said countless times that it was a mistake to give Sona so strong an ultimate, for a support. What is your reasoning behind giving Nami an ultimate, which on paper at least looks better than Sona's ultimate.
Aren't you just making the same mistake again?

Menea6587

11-16-2012

Quote:
Opheliac:
So far she's pretty amazing, I only have a few questions/gripes that I'd like to address. Being a support player I know I would like to use her often.

I guess I'll follow suit and go in order:

Q - The only thing I don't like about this spell is it's hitbox, the area affected by the spell seems to be smaller than it looks, which makes it hard to gauge where and when to cast in both offensive and defensive situations. I had to take this spell off of smartcast just so I could really see where it was hitting. Sometimes enemies that should have been hit don't get hit and other enemies do. The CC is amazing and it really adds something special to the game, the total disable time seems a bit longer than the stun duration though.

W - Two Words, Mana Cost. For this to be her "low cooldown/bread and butter ability" it's simply too expensive at all ranks. Seriously, the damage and heal are completely negligible unless you stack AP for how much mana it costs. I can get more damage AND healing out of Karma's Mantra'd Q with roughly the same or less AP for 25 less mana per cast at max rank! (I'm not joking)
My suggestion would be to lower it to be at about 90 or 100 mana at rank 5 and lower the other ranks according, OR increase the base damage/healing by about 10-15%, OR increase the AP ratio so putting some AP on her makes it worth it, OR just make her mana pool about 100 mana bigger as base/make her base mp/5 higher.

E - I love this spell, I love it a lot, I like the on hit splash graphics makes it look epic with the new tiamat shockwave on melee characters. However the blue glow in the hands is a little to hard to see. But other than that I like it! The slow is great for all characters, and conjoined with her passive makes it very useful spell.

R - Personally, I don't like how slow the whole spell moves, the activation, startup, and travel speed are all slow, but I understand why it has to be slow. The range is great, I would relly like a Minimap range indicator since it goes so far out of view distance. It would be REALLY cool if the wave passing through allies would trigger her passive and make them faster. That way if an enemy avoids it, it's not a total loss, at least someone got a speed boost.

Edited for clarity.

Are you using it outside of a trade? If yes, then riot should change the concentration of the healing per bounce.
However, if you use it during a trade, you have raw healing that is significantly higher than Soraka's at rank 1 and 2 and comparable at rank 5 while retaining a smaller mana cost with a significantly higher AP ratio.

The simplicity of the skill is great, but it's too powerful in a trade, ESPECIALLY if they buff it like you suggested.

Multi

11-16-2012

Quote:
XianL:
Would like it a red, maybe someone on the art group for Nami to respond -

With all the recent controversy surrounding the portrayal of women in League, why did you go in the direction of large breast and extreme cleavage...again.

I love breasts as much as the next guy, but this trend isn't helping.

I thought the smaller ones in the artwork were cuter, but the 3d model has bazongas.

N0dame

11-16-2012

Quote:
LightEcho:
Why does she have an AoE cc ult on a support?

That's like asking why Janna and Leona and yanno a butt ton of other support champs have aoe ults brah.