Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrizlakMonger

11-16-2012

Since my first experience with the sightstone upgrade is with Nami, I have to say that nerfing oracle's elixir and making so many wards freely available is going to seriously tone down ganking even after level 6. If this is the intended result, then it is well done and I have no opinion of it yet. All I know is jungler with red sightstone and wriggle and nami with red sightstone is 7 wards always on map with no money being spent on wards.

JamesGatsby

11-16-2012

Quick question about the ult. i know morello doenst like sona ult(for reasons you can look in all kind of other threads about) and this seems to be kind of along the same vayne(large AOE tank like skill) are you guys worried about running to in simalr problems?

Whittaker

11-16-2012

So friends and I just spent 90 minutes on a Dominion testing run and our feedback is this. Overall her kit has a nice cohesion, the theme plays out well in all of her skills/animations and it's easy to get a feel for her capabilities as a champ.

Hydro Blast - The missile speed and delay feels appropriate for how powerful it is in terms of damage/cc however the animation timing on the knockup needs to be sped up or lower the duration of the stun. As is the stun ends up being closer to 2-3s overall with the longer knockup animation timing.

Surging Tides - I initially thought leveling it would increase max bounces so was slightly disappointed with that but understandable, also the bounce mechanic isn't self explanatory at a glance and I actually missed that it can't bounce from ally to ally at first.
I understand that it's to alleviate lane sustain and encourage it's use more for engagements/skirmishes and after playing once you'll know from then on. Plus it opens up situations where you either cast on an ally first for more healing but less damage swing over all or cast on an enemy first to output the larger impact on a fight.

Aqueous Empowerment - The animation could do with an update as it is quite difficult to tell when it's active on someone. Can't judge it's power too much as we didn't test any 2v2 bot lane type of situations.

Tidal Wave - Cooldown seems about right for the relative strength of it, supremely long range, seems more useful as an dis/engage tool with it's super short knockup, nice ratio so any AP you can get in the support role is beneficial while the long cooldown prevents it from being too strong in an AP mid role.

Overall she certainly seems fun and brings some interesting new mechanics into the botlane fights, mana costs can be a little rough if your not conservative, especially if you max W first, looking forward to testing her more.

Shnksy

11-16-2012

First impressions were
-She seems to go oom quite fast.
-Her kit is fun and interesting.
-WIll need her ap ratios nerfed because she is silly in lane as ap. You just get a chalice and spam W at them since it pokes them and heals you.

Stone Ocean

11-16-2012

Is she designed to be a good AP mid as well or is she getting hammered like Lulu?

Trensvelgar

11-16-2012

Her 'shirt' is made of scales but it's part of her natural body and it happens to be shaped like a collared open chest blouse. Jeez the Mermaids sure did evolve a peculiar feature.

SpiderDave

11-16-2012

Quote:
Zileas:
Why didn't you name her "Romlariel" or some other similar name?

I'm guessing "Nami" is a girly version of Namor, the Sub-Mariner.

Muel

11-16-2012

Generally it's a fun champion, and definitely add to the selection of supports, but I'd still prefer Janna/Sona!

Q - hard to land with slow landing speed and a very small AOE
W - heal does not scale nicely but can heal/damage 3 champs, which is quite unique
E - nice buff for allies, though particles a bit hard to see
R - not as great as it seems ... kind of like a larger version of Janna's Q + slow, but with a massive CD, Janna's R offers more functionality (repositioning enemies, pushing them towards allies/terrains, heal), and Sona's R is a stun, which is a far better dis/engaging tool ... I guess the massive range and AOE of the tide works better in chasing enemies? Not so great in ongoing ganks/teamfights where everyone is clustered together and trading health ... not a game turning ult in ganks ... though it helps allies to get those low-health enemies that are trying to get away without flash

Actually, I think her kit leans more towards helping allies chase/run away from people, because of the MS de/buff her skills offer. So she has to pick a lane partner that can capitalize on this.

Extremely mana hungry!!
The eyes of the in-game model look a bit weird to me, perhaps too big?
Can't wait to see her lore.

SweederDerToten

11-16-2012

Her Ult should have a buff in the river keep up with working in champs with the environment

Pikku Nino

11-16-2012

I'd like to make a suggestion. Her Q... I think Nami already has a nice amount of CC, so perhaps add something like "the enemy will be encased in the bubble and stunned for the whole duration, if left alone in the bubble, but the stun will end prematurely if the target is autoattacked, causing the bubble to break."

Would lead to making a team decision - Do I leave the enemy alone in the bubble to disable them from the fight for a longer time, or just smash his face in?