Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

innervation

11-16-2012

For Nami's E, Aqueos Empowerment: I know it explicitly says "basic attacks"...so does that mean NOTHING else in the game procs it? Fiora ult, Gplank q, etc?

Can enemies be hit while they're in the air, either from q or ult?

the flail

11-16-2012

Only seen the videos, but I'm buying her. Support <3<3<3

innervation

11-16-2012

Also buying her and a skin on release, super excited for new supports ^ ^

Hawkspeed

11-16-2012

My only gripe right now his the RIDICULOUS mana cost on W, I feel like if I am casting it, I can't do anything anymore.

So far I am only leveling in this order: R > E > Q > W. Those are my priority

nvmvoidrays

11-16-2012

thoughts:

auto-attack: her auto attack feels so ****ing weird/clunky. i'm not even sure why. just... idk. tweak it. its just weird, clunky and awkward.

passive: its good, but, i wish it'd last longer. iirc, it gets more potent with levels, but, 1.5 isn't that noticeable.
Q: good as is.
W: this costs way too much mana at all levels. 120 at level 5? that's a ton. please, lower the cost of it, or, give her more mana or mana regen.
E: no complaints, although, i think it should be time limited, rather then auto-attack limited.
R: good.

Valenten

11-16-2012

The first thing i noticed when i played her is that the heal didnt seem to bounce or is it just that small of a range for the bounce? then the other thing ive noticed is VERY mana hungry any chance on nerfing the mana costs a bit? other than that she is FREAKING AWESOME. love all the CC she brings to the table and the buffs. great job on this support guys.

Again the main points of concern are maybe the heal isnt bouncing/maybe the bounce range is to small. Then the mana costs seem to be a bit high for her mana pool/mana regen that she has. i had a few items for mana regen and mana increase and was still having a hard time managing mana even with being conservative.

Jeanesse

11-16-2012

As a support main I really love the synergy of her kit - she feels rewarding to play, her skills are excellently designed for supporting.

I do have concerns about how much damage she does though. I was accidentally stealing kills just by using skills to try to enable my carry, I think the damage especially on her Q (for how much utility it affords) could come down a tad. At least it might discourage people taking her mid as a mage so readily? You can't stop 'em, but...

And like many others have said, her mana costs are super high which isn't in itself terrible as it helps pace her spell use in lane, but her regeneration could definitely be bumped to buffer between rotations. Getting off more than one or two spells in a row at early levels is especially draining for her.

Overall, GREAT work and I look forward to a day 1 buy.

SpiderDave

11-16-2012

Hooray, a new support! I like her.

She needs a lot of mana, especially surging tides. It seems like a waste to even use it if there isn't an enemy champion near. Maybe it could refund a small bit of mana if it only hits a single ally or self cast?

Regarding Surging Tides bouncing:

Quote:
Classick:

2 - 3 bounces at all ranks

Just to be clear, when you say bounces, you mean hits right? If it hit once it has bounced zero times.

Here is the tooltip: *******http://i.imgur.com/QvOsy.png********

From the wording, it appears that it's a maximum of 2 hits if cast on ally, and 3 if cast on enemy. If this is the case, i think it would be clearer if "hits up to 3 targets" was part of the on enemy hit part, and "hits up to 2 targets" was added to the on ally hit part.

What happens if an ally stands between the water as it bounces? Does it trigger her passive? I'd assume not.

I don't like her voice--she sounds like an annoying valley girl brat.

P.S. Suggestion: For April Fool's day, make her a reverse mermaid :P

GrizlakMonger

11-16-2012

Wow, what a fun champion. I disagree that the auto attack feels clunky, Felt really good and didn't have any trouble last hitting when my AD left lane for a while. The Q is very slow but I was still able to lane it a reasonable amount. It definitely seems always dodgeable if they are sharp. Although, I suppose you can pop E on yourself or ally to slow and then land it easier, interesting possibilities with this champ. I too felt very mana starved and upgraded philostone to the revised not-Shurelyas item. I feel that mana regen glyphs may be in store, but to lower mana costs on her might make her overpowered. She is very fun and you have to be careful not to spam, but with such a good kit I think its reasonable to not allow to much spam. Also having a new Chalice upgrade for supports makes this all work out. Get the chalice of harmony and eleisa's and you should be ok. Its the price you pay for such an awesome support.

TL;DR: feels very reasonable right now. Very strong spells with high mana cost to prevent being OP in spamming. W is very fun to use optimally, whether for speeding up alliies via passive, using it for double heal or double attack in lane skirmishes, etc. Q is a satisfying skill shot but its a little slow moving so it seems always dodgable by level 2 boots, not too unlike cho'gath though, a little easier to dodge than that.

IchiBanSan

11-16-2012

Her AP seemed strong, aren't her mana costs quite high for a support???