Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrKlock

11-16-2012

Is Nami's Q just an AoE stun with a cool animation? The spell description makes it sound like there is more to it.

TwistedKeyblade

11-16-2012

Her auto attack feels very, very, very bland and terrible.

Her passive is, it's nice, but it should either stack or increase attack speed scaling every 2 or 3 levels.
Her Q is fine were it's at except for it's ratio, nerf the ratio either down to a flat 7, or a 6.5 or increase it's missile by a tiny bit.
Her W costs WAYYY to much mana, BUT it's balanced by the fact that it heals and deals damage (high base which is good), and a shorter CD than Soraka's heal, but again it costs alot of mana so it is balanced.
edit ; just read the OP, thank god.

Her E (Or passive) should increase attack speed. Not by a whole lot, but a bit like 2%/4%/6%/8%/10%, the whole extra magic damage is nice, but it doesn't do a whole lot compared to Lulu's passive.

The slow on her E compensates for the nerf on phage that corki and ezreal build, so i'm sure those two will be her BEST lane partners. Not to mention MF and Draven.

Oh god Draven + Nami = GG.

Her R, is fine where it's at. The fact that it goes across the ENTIRE lane makes up for how slow it is. Only suggestion is to increase knock up depending on how far the tide traveled.

Her mana pool

Nami 348(+43/lvl) 1122 @ lv 18

Compared to

Lulu 200 (+50/lvl) 1100 @ lv18
Janna 302 (+64/lvl) 1454 @ lv18
Soraka 240 (+60/lvl) 1320 @ lv18
Sona 265 (+45/lvl) 1021 @ lv18

As you can see the "spammy" support champions (Lulu/Sona) get lower mana pools with lower CDs and high mana costs, and the other champions get high mana costs with low CDs but with higher mana pool.

Consider buffering her mana pool.

Also, she's not that great mid. She is defiantly 1000000 times better in the support role, and her team fight presence is immense.

Said Pasha

11-16-2012

please nerf her q the stun is way too long, me and my team were just getting owned in a second.

MajorWhiskers

11-16-2012

(I haven't played her, so I'm basing my opinion off from youtube videos...)

The entire design and concept is so genius! I absolutely love every particle effect, design, concept, and how she has the ability to: Initiate, Heal, Harass, Buff, and Stun. Awesome work and an instant buy on my list.

Best LeeSinga NA

11-16-2012

thoughts:

she is perfects fine except for the fact that

A: her ult travels way to far and is way to wide
B: she feels more like an ap mid unless you buff mana cost (lower) on heal and make her AA modifier more noticeable

otherwise you have lulu v2 playing mid instead of support

blaknightofchaos

11-16-2012

I LOVE this champion, Nami - along with the new items will force me to get right into supports. Her abilities all work extremely well together. The bubble effect is just soo awesome and I find that the animation on her ultimate is extremely aesthetically pleasing as well. The one thing I'm unsure of her ult's speed and range. It is extremely long, yet moves very slowly, which can have odd effects. Wouldn't it make more sense to reduce Tidal Wave's range and compensate with a higher movement speed. It would allow for faster and more successful initiations.
Edit: Maybe Tidal Wave could have it's speed increase the further it travels?

Shadou

11-16-2012

Quote:
forcemblem:
I think she's too powerful if anything.
She's basically a better janna.

Nami is EXTREMELY mana hungry and she is squishy I love her kit it's very fun and I can't wait to buy her on release

Healsforhugs

11-16-2012

I've been playing her as a support

Passive - Only complaint I could possibly have is that I wish it lasted a bit longer

Q - This ability seems fine to me, though it doesn't have high base damage, which is pretty much my complaint for most of her abilities.

W - I will assume it was supposed to be a combat oriented heal/harass where you cast it on enemies and it splashes to heal your ally. Unfortunately, it uses up way too much mana. I know this is to combat sustain, but the rest of her abilities aren't interesting enough or give us any reason to level anything else up. So, from my experience so far, if you get into a small skirmish in the bottom lane and use your W, you won't be able to fight again for a while because all of your mana is gone.

E - I don't really have much complaint with this ability either.

R - I love it.

Because of her mana costs, I've been scrambling to get mana regen just so I'm helpful throughout long team fights. I feel like her W doesn't do anything in any stage of the game, except in the lane phase.. that one time that you can cast it. My thoughts are, she either needs to have more base damage on her abilities to make up for her high mana costs on her W or more mana/mana regen.

Edit : since all her skill icons are blue, its hard to tell when shes actually out of mana

Mappy

11-16-2012

Few Questions :

1- Currently Here Selection Quote is missing, What is It?

2- Here Mana costs, Don't you think they are a tad bit on higher side, I mean 120 for Max W, or 200 For Max ult.

3- You talked about maxing W, E with another post, To be playing her multiple times I assumed maxing Q was the best, as It gives incredible base damage (295!) and mana cost stays constant. Is Maxing W, or E preferable than Q? I feel like maxing W would handicap you with 120 mana and you wont be able to do much.

4- Do you think She will be popular as a mage as well as support?

Thank you for a wonderful Champion! Really looking forward to getting these answered.

Nanatsu

11-16-2012

Did you know that it was mermaids were mistaken from dugongs so will we see an Urf homage?