Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sinspurch

11-15-2012

Quote:
Classick:
1 - Yes, so you can use it as an engagement tool and send it through your allies so they get hasted to catch the opponents when the wave slows them down.
2 - 3 bounces at all ranks
3 - 305 movement speed, although with the season 3 changes base movement speeds have been adjusted

Is Namis W supposed to be casted while standing still? If shes a support champion i feel like her W should be able to be cast while moving just like E. : l

Redeemed In Fire

11-15-2012

Quote:
Illyriomysterio:
"Regal" can be entirely in personality, it doesn't have to be the clothing. You're getting downvotes because you're flaming without thinking about it.

I'm sorry, I didn't know a paintover to show what I thought would be nicer and saying things like "to be fair" was flaming. =/

Also,
Quote:
RCIX:

All we want is for a few more female champions to not look like they're about to hop in bed with the first fertile male they find. =/ To be fair, the mermaid trope is generally filled with more bikinis and the like. I'd still like to have seen more "regal" and less "league female".

(I could be substituted for we there)

AbsolutionJailor

11-15-2012

Quote:
Classick:
1 - Yes, so you can use it as an engagement tool and send it through your allies so they get hasted to catch the opponents when the wave slows them down.
2 - 3 bounces at all ranks
3 - 305 movement speed, although with the season 3 changes base movement speeds have been adjusted

1 - Way cool.
2 - Understandably, it looks pretty good, and considering how abundant CDR is now, I think it'd get too crazy. I love the options she brings. Cast on an enemy - deals damage twice. Cast on an ally - heals twice.
3 - Pretty standard then, but I'm liking the S3 changes.

It seems a lot of core elements have been changed for the better. I'm usually reluctant to change of this magnitude, but the vast majority of what I've seen is very good. 300 movement speed always felt way too slow, and boots were mandatory. Not just because the enemies would have them and you need them to compete, but because your character just felt odd at 300-310 move speed. Definitely some great changes.

Thanks, Classick.

PS: Padderfeet Happer Banny represent.

Tempest TL

11-16-2012

I think her mana costs need to be tweaked just a bit, They are ridiculous at the moment for level 1.. Shes amazing as a support.. just amazing.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
It can be hard to get coverage on all the questions and feedback when they are in so many different posts, if you guys could try to condense your feedback and questions into this thread I can get more coverage on Nami overall.

I'll try to stay as up to date as possible on this thread and answer as much as I can, all of your questions and feedback are much appreciated!

Why didn't you name her "Romlariel" or some other similar name?

LightEcho

11-16-2012

Why does she have an AoE cc ult on a support?

ImAlwaysHelping

Recruiter

11-16-2012

i think her entire kit is amazing. i personally think that bubble is cool reminds me of rain's hydro bubble from mk9. it helped my team against a singed and kog. also her heals pretty good and that ult extremely helpful. loving this support

Blue3345

11-16-2012

Personally I think she's missing something. I don't see why I should play her over Sona or Janna or something. Maybe I'm using it wrong but her E feels lackluster. That's just me though.

ploki122

11-16-2012

To whoever created her ult (art-wise) you are my new favorite Rioter... I will have to follow your next assignments dutifully...

Illyriomysterio

11-16-2012

Quote:
RCIX:
I'm sorry, I didn't know a paintover to show what I thought would be nicer and saying things like "to be fair" was flaming. =/

Also,

(I could be substituted for we there)

Just because the way you phrase something isn't ragey doesn't mean that you're overly passionate for a silly reason (i.e. flaming). You made a new champion seem like the next **** on a street corner (while acknowledging that that's generally how a mermaid would dress). You're gonna talk about paintovers when you disregard her based on a poor interpretation of the meaning of regal.