Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peekabear

11-15-2012

Just tried her out.. and all I have to say is props to whoever designed Nami - seriously <3. I almost always support, and I don't think I've ever been this excited for a champion to be released in the year and a half I've been playing. I was pumped for Lulu, but this...

(also I really like the new items and masteries, although I must admit that it was a bit overwhelming)

forcemblem

11-15-2012

Nami + Runaan's Hurricane = wasted.
2/3 shots are going to the split target which may be minions/creeps/neutrals or undesired targets that you don't want to burst down.
Any possible fix for this?
Or will we have to take this into account when playing?

Redeemed In Fire

11-15-2012

Nami is supposed to be regal (as mentioned in Morello's sneak peek). Regal is defined as having to do with royalty, which has a generaly "covered up", more old-fashioned style of dress. If that's the case, why is she missing basically 80% of the front of her dress (you can argue with me that that's technically her skin but everyone knows it's basically a dress to cover her up)? Regal is this:

http://www.brainpickings.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/queenvictoria.jpg

not this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xgAsff_kG2U/UKXPfvpOEAI/AAAAAAAAKAY/sEKFM3QoyQY/s1600/nami.png

Here's a simple paintover I did real quick onthe above to show what would have been nicer as a baseline:

http://i.imgur.com/nuSJW.png

All we want is for a few more female champions to not look like they're about to hop in bed with the first fertile male they find. =/ To be fair, the mermaid trope is generally filled with more bikinis and the like. I'd still like to have seen more "regal" and less "league female".

(And her voice sounds entirely too juvenile IMO, more like a high schooler than anything, really odd)

Edit: Downvotes for hard work and honest feedback, YAY! And riot wonders why so few people even try =/

AbsolutionJailor

11-15-2012

Not in PBE yet, can anyone who played her answer some questions?

1- Passive (Celerity) does this proc if your allies are in the area of effect of your damaging spells? IE, if you Tsunami through your team, do they get a mini-sprint?
2- Surging Tides - does the number of bounces increase with rank?
3- How is her base movement speed?

Biggus Fishus

11-15-2012

Hydro Blasts's base damage is kinda ridiculous... 295 for a low-cost support ability? Yikes. It has a strong AP ratio as well. I certainly don't mind a support having the damage and ratios to justify going mid, but that's perhaps a bit too much. I would suggest shifting some damage over to her ultimate instead, which seems slightly underwhelming damage-wise for the cooldown and impressive visual effect.

Mowing someone down with a tsunami should hurt significantly more than trapping them in a bubble...

Classick

Game Designer

11-15-2012

Quote:
AbsolutionJailor:
Not in PBE yet, can anyone who played her answer some questions?

1- Passive (Celerity) does this proc if your allies are in the area of effect of your damaging spells? IE, if you Tsunami through your team, do they get a mini-sprint?
2- Surging Tides - does the number of bounces increase with rank?
3- How is her base movement speed?

1 - Yes, so you can use it as an engagement tool and send it through your allies so they get hasted to catch the opponents when the wave slows them down.
2 - 3 bounces at all ranks
3 - 305 movement speed, although with the season 3 changes base movement speeds have been adjusted

Daemon

11-15-2012

Okay:

Either ditch the little girl voice and face, or nerf her boobs to something appropriate for a young girl.

Please don't resort to pedo-creepiness in your game.

TheDancingDuck

11-15-2012

How did you determine the mana costs at this point? I remember at one point her W cost about as much as her ult, which seemed like a lot to me. Also, what off-build did you think about? AP or AD Nami anywhere in our future?

Dryad Soraka

11-15-2012

She's really fun and awesome!

One question, her sound quality. Is this how it's going to be? Does anyone else think it sounds a bit below par in quality? Not the recordings themselves, just the way they sound.

Illyriomysterio

11-15-2012

Quote:
RCIX:
Nami is supposed to be regal (as mentioned in Morello's sneak peek). Regal is defined as having to do with royalty, which has a generaly "covered up", more old-fashioned style of dress. If that's the case, why is she missing basically 80% of the front of her dress (you can argue with me that that's technically her skin but everyone knows it's basically a dress to cover her up)? Regal is this:

http://www.brainpickings.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/queenvictoria.jpg

not this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xgAsff_kG2U/UKXPfvpOEAI/AAAAAAAAKAY/sEKFM3QoyQY/s1600/nami.png

Here's a simple paintover I did real quick onthe above to show what would have been nicer as a baseline:

http://i.imgur.com/nuSJW.png

All we want is for a few more female champions to not look like they're about to hop in bed with the first fertile male they find. =/ To be fair, the mermaid trope is generally filled with more bikinis and the like. I'd still like to have seen more "regal" and less "league female".

(And her voice sounds entirely too juvenile IMO, more like a high schooler than anything, really odd)

Edit: Downvotes for hard work and honest feedback, YAY! And riot wonders why so few people even try =/

"Regal" can be entirely in personality, it doesn't have to be the clothing. You're getting downvotes because you're flaming without thinking about it.