Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MKDAndKos

12-01-2012

I love Nami, she's a really great support with stuns, buffs and heals. She is almost an improved version upon on Sona, with that heal and stun on the ultimate. However Nami's ultimate range needs to be nerfed as it already deals enough damage and gives a more than sufficient stun than it is. Over than that, pretty good job Riot and especially a good change of pace from these "cool" characters (i.e. Rengar, Syndra, Zed, Diana, etc.), especially to have a new SUPPORT champion to chose from instead of just bruisers and carries

Miirik

12-01-2012

Quote:
Arizel:
my cent.

I trust that you guys know exactly what you guys are doing, but when Ahri's ultimate did its knock up, I viewed it as a very nice counter to the mobility AD carry meta considering that all the popular AD carry picks have a movement displacement ability. But with the pre release nerfs to her ratios, her heals, the range of her ultimate, and the useage of her ultimate... well... I'm seeing less and less of a reason to pick her over sona, fiddles, or zyra as my go to supports.

I do realize that in the coming season 3 changes, phantom dancer is getting noifed to the ground and that all champions are getting a base MS buff to kinda equalize the field on mobility creep, but I don't think it really changes just how strong the mobility displacement moves of ADcarries are or the current support line up. if we are just looking at the factors I mentioned.

ahri's ult knocked people up?

Tater8q3

12-01-2012

When is Nami planned to be released? I'm a support player so of course I intend to buy her, but is she planned to be released on the season 3/name cleanup patch, or on a next-week patch with the regular release schedule?

I'm torn between waiting for Nami (if next week) or buying Talon and his skin right now.

HPfunman

12-01-2012

I only have one complaint about her. I dont know if anyone else has mentioned this but I cant see the bounces on her W very easily. I think it would be benifitial to either add a more clear animation for each bounce, or to add a more clear partical effect on ally/enemy hit. Also, whats the priority on it? (low health alies, low health enemies, closest champion, ect... )

Barely Clever

12-01-2012

can you change the tooltip for her heal to make it more bovious that heal has to bounce from friendly to enemy. because it took me about 30 minutes to figure it out in game because it has half of it before the dmg ratios and the other half of it after the damage ratios. it makes it really easy to miss.

iM Misaka

12-01-2012

Mana cost is very low.
Basically can spam skills
However, the Q stuns is a skill shot and not very large area.
I think it balance off.

17th Shard

12-02-2012

Minor feedback: Red is such a nice colour.
Why did you change her eyes to orange?

L33tT4rd

12-02-2012

I like her. She does feel like a better Janna to me too. So Janna might need a lil bit of love soon?

Also, tweak Sona again please. You over nerfed her. Shoulda picked only one. Armor or health, not both 8(

Fumiko

12-02-2012

Quote:
RCIX:
Nami is supposed to be regal (as mentioned in Morello's sneak peek). Regal is defined as having to do with royalty, which has a generaly "covered up", more old-fashioned style of dress. If that's the case, why is she missing basically 80% of the front of her dress (you can argue with me that that's technically her skin but everyone knows it's basically a dress to cover her up)? Regal is this:

http://www.brainpickings.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/queenvictoria.jpg

not this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xgAsff_kG2U/UKXPfvpOEAI/AAAAAAAAKAY/sEKFM3QoyQY/s1600/nami.png

Here's a simple paintover I did real quick onthe above to show what would have been nicer as a baseline:

http://i.imgur.com/nuSJW.png

All we want is for a few more female champions to not look like they're about to hop in bed with the first fertile male they find. =/ To be fair, the mermaid trope is generally filled with more bikinis and the like. I'd still like to have seen more "regal" and less "league female".

(And her voice sounds entirely too juvenile IMO, more like a high schooler than anything, really odd)

Edit: Downvotes for hard work and honest feedback, YAY! And riot wonders why so few people even try =/

No you are downvoted for taking sexy outfit from Nami and giving her old people clothes.

dreadfulbunny

12-02-2012

She was fun. to be honest i didn't even play here as support but as ap mid and she was a blast. Uhm im not sure if this is the place for bugs but there was a nami on the other team who shot her ulti through middle lane and it was invisible. Knocked people up and all but couldn't see the effect.