Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jobeth

11-25-2012

Quote:
RCIX:
Nami is supposed to be regal (as mentioned in Morello's sneak peek). Regal is defined as having to do with royalty, which has a generaly "covered up", more old-fashioned style of dress. If that's the case, why is she missing basically 80% of the front of her dress (you can argue with me that that's technically her skin but everyone knows it's basically a dress to cover her up)? Regal is this:

http://www.brainpickings.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/queenvictoria.jpg

not this:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xgAsff_kG2U/UKXPfvpOEAI/AAAAAAAAKAY/sEKFM3QoyQY/s1600/nami.png

Here's a simple paintover I did real quick onthe above to show what would have been nicer as a baseline:

http://i.imgur.com/nuSJW.png

All we want is for a few more female champions to not look like they're about to hop in bed with the first fertile male they find. =/ To be fair, the mermaid trope is generally filled with more bikinis and the like. I'd still like to have seen more "regal" and less "league female".

(And her voice sounds entirely too juvenile IMO, more like a high schooler than anything, really odd)

Edit: Downvotes for hard work and honest feedback, YAY! And riot wonders why so few people even try =/

regal is anything to do with royalty. and if you listen to some of her quotes it mentions HER people that means she could be a mermaid queen princess ect. its not just clothes. considering we don't have her lore yet she could very well be a queen or royalty in general

Recaiden

11-25-2012

Her Ult is very slow. It works well, but it's difficult if not impossible to land the end on a target who's not otherwise contained(slowed, stunned, pulled, something).
Her mana costs seem too low, she can just keep casting and has little need to conserve mana once she gets even basic mana regen items.
Her passive is un-noticeable, and only really good for boosting an ally who has almost caught an enemy anyway, as to use it on yourself, you need to stop for an instant to cast. It can be useful when fleeing, but it seems like even that would be pretty rare.

Mibani

Recruiter

11-25-2012

Okay, Personally, before you nerfed her AP Ratios I played her full out AP in mid lane- and she wasn't extremely viable there. She was overall too squishy, but I had to much fun with the nuke she actually had, she was good enough to go up on a Lux and hold herself. But after you nerfed that...

I personally think you've made her a useless support in today's meta, I'd pick LULU before I'd pick her. She's fun, but not viable.

Sermok

11-25-2012

Have people tried her with mele adcs? she seems like she was created around epic synergy with panth/jarvan/talon. She lacks the sustain, defensive, poke or even engage traits that make up the rest of lols support cast. she seems to be designed to flip the role of a bot lane relationship. She doesn't make plays like other supports she follows up the plays made by the adc and supports the adc in these plays.

I have real high hopes for what she can accomplice in the new meta that the s3 item changes bring. Shes a very weird champion and I think it'll take a better mind then me to see if she works well or not.

Cuix

11-25-2012

Why is her chest flesh flayed open? Was the cleavage space really necessary?

Vulking

11-25-2012

Quote:
Rauron:
Why is her chest flesh flayed open? Was the cleavage space really necessary?

Most likely to add a little flavor to the otherwise dull green body.

Could have been done in other way? sure

Does it fill the mermaid visual? yest is does, normally mermaid's don't bother to cover their upper torso.

Consider it a happy medium.

BuilderBob93

11-26-2012

I love her E! I've been playing a lot of ADC lately and it's awesome. 10/10 skill.

Also her ult is a pretty awesome initiation tool.

Solid kit over all. Very high in CC though, I'm kinda worried about her ult is either an insane initiate or a guaranteed 5 man knockup which makes landing bubble pretty easy..

If I have a complaint, you've already addressed it, at first I didn't notice I had her E on me playing Vayne. It's pretty visibility. I'd probably get used to it soon enough.

P3netror

11-26-2012

I really enjoy playing Nami, whit some cdr and a good mana pool, u can be REALLY anoying, and i love to be it !

I love the ctrl + 4 by the way !

Lopretni

11-27-2012

Am I the only one who thinks her animations (i.e. her 'walking' animation which is really just her floating) are awful?

Spellsy

Recruiter

11-27-2012

Im not sure if you still want feedback as its pretty late in development process BUT:

her ult does not feel very responsive .. i understand this is because balance issue, she needs the long cast time and slow travel speed to compensate for the large aoe and strong cc - but its definitely something i feel every game ive played with her so far (like 5+)..

also a few minor things, her attack animation does not fit very well with the attack projectile imo - a huge swing to unleash a water projectile which is tiny comparatively.

and because of the quick break at the end of the "stun" it makes it feel longer than it is. (it rises target up then you "blink" down, opposed to knocking up then down - maybe just my computer or something?)

the tooltip / ult? is vague in terms of the slow spread - is it 3-5 sec where longer duration = further away target is ?

lastly i think the visual cue for her E could be a bit more apparent, but this is questionable - the audio cue is pretty nice, but still playing as ADC with her i didnt quite have a great "feel" on how long it was lasting / when exactly i was getting it.

overall very fun though - good work as always. hope more supports in future!!!!!!!!

EDIT: wait i forgot a BIG one - when I had boots of mobility, 450 ms, her walking animation really turned bad - i know theres 2 walk animations and i think the fast animation either sucks or is buggy or something, i was like just floating in air >_<