Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xillius

11-22-2012

I feel that her ultimate is incredibly underwhelming. The knockup is alright I guess but the slow isn't even noticeable. It doesn't do much damage and doesn't really feel powerful in general. I find more use out of the Q than the R because it is able to do damage and provide a reliable CC. The only time I've found the R any useful is when I am very very far away and able to snipe it into a teamfight. While this feels cool, like a real tidal wave (ie building force and crashing down) it is not very practical. While I feel her kit is very balanced and strong for both laning and teamfights I don't feel like she has any real power. Where as sona is able to turn a teamfight with her ult, taric is able to turn one with his stun and bonus damage/armor I feel that Nami isn't able to turn a teamfight with her ultimate at all.

Dannyboy64

11-22-2012

Can any PBE players actually confirm if Nami's stun and knockup have been removed to settle this mess? :/

Chaos Gary

Recruiter

11-22-2012

Nami feels slightly overpowered to me.
She has a surprisingly strong heal for a support with this much cc. It is worth using the heal on an ally even if it doesn't bounce once you hit level 7 or so, and she just turns into some vicious hybrid of soraka sustain and leona lockdown with her E auto into easy-to-land Q + ult combo

In lane she feels very fragile, which is appropriate! I expect she'll get blown up by the aggressive supports if she acts aggressive and destroy the more passive ones.
In teamfights she has plenty to do, especially with all the new activatable items! I never feel goldstarved, even though it's basically impossible to get a last hit with her, but that might also be because i'm getting so many assists/kills. The PBE matchmaking is probably partially to blame, but I think she's also too strong right now.

Additionally I keep expecting her ult to start from right behind her (like the effect maokai's Q has) and I think that would be a fun adjustment!

My suggestions are:

-Make W have a lessened effect on the initial target and a heightened effect on the final target to really encourage the Combat Heal you're going for, as well as reducing her poke outside of a real 2v2 trade
-Make her ultimate start from a tiny bit behind her because it FEELS like a tidal wave should be spawning right on top of her, with a hitbox that extends a ways in all directions at the start
-her E still doesn't look or sound very noticeable. Could it get some sort of marker above the ally's head, like a leblanc sigil or akali mark or something? The actual sound on autoattack with E is great, but my lanemates never realize i've buffed them until a few seconds in.
-Her laugh is less fun now that the water makes a noise! make it quiet again!!

II KimTaeyeon II

Recruiter

11-22-2012

Dear Riot,
Can you please open the regestrations please because I really want to test out champions before buying them. Thank You!

Xillius

11-22-2012

Quote:
SOMASIAN:
Dear Riot,
Can you please open the regestrations please because I really want to test out champions before buying them. Thank You!

its people like you that are the reason the PBE registration is in effect.

Zalison

11-23-2012

Will Nami be a viable AP mid?

Xillius

11-23-2012

Quote:
Zalison:
Will Nami be a viable AP mid?

no. she does not deal enough dmg to be a viable mid. she can mid but not well. imagine soraka mid. while she is able to win her lane against some champions she jibs her team because she has no nuke.

NiBlack

11-23-2012

Finally had chance to check feeling of Nami kit.
Passive - Don't know the scaling but later levels 50 MS for 1,5 seconds seems quite powerful.
Q - it have a bit to small AoE. In lane you wont be able to hit anyone with it... In teamfight only if you have lot of luck. Overall Cho would do it better. Probably the biggest disappointment of her kit.
W - Not bad. Probably huge MP sink (Got early chalice so i didn't saw it).
E - 5 seconds or 3 attack don't seems much, but some carries would love slow on their aa. Especially since it give this initial passive burst of speed.
R - Zyra ult... Feels great. Very nice initiation, or initiation power up (especially since it should add burst of speed to your team)

She is not viable mid, even if they increased her ratios. Simply because her Q have so small AoE, and long CD, and it is her only spell expect long CD ulti that can hit minions and help her farm or push.

EDIT: On the other hand if her kit was more powerfull, it would easy make other Support much less viable. I think that now she with her kit will push away Lulu, from "super utility if you invest some CDR reduction" spot.

17th Shard

11-23-2012

I don't like how Riot is being so quiet about this whole "removing hard cc" assumption from the "reveal" post.
You guys realise you're scaring everyone away from Nami by not saying anything, even if you are letting her keep the stun and knockup, right?

Benmjy

11-23-2012

I played a couple of hours ago and both knock ups were still there....