Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tengen Toppa

11-19-2012

Morello was quoted saying that gvining Sona, a support AoE CC was a mistake.

So what's the reasoning behind Nami's ult T_T

Lesthrid

11-19-2012

Quote:
Aethern:
Her Q feels like Brand's W to me in terms of damage, dealing only 19 less base when targets are ablaze, with the same AP ratio, it also costs a lot less mana. In addition to that, it's somewhat harder to predict where it will land (more or less compensated by a smaller radius) and gets a 1.25 second aoe stun..

Her W lets her win most trades, may not have the best burst or heal but is definitely not the worst. The bounce range is even longer or the same as her cast range, which is pretty damn good. Like all heals, this can consume your mana very fast, but you have to keep in mind that the damage portion is not that bad, easily justifying the costs.

Her E is in my opinion her weakest spell, but only because the other spells are so very strong. In lane this will not be as useful if you play her as a mage, but it gives great chasingpower lategame, combined with the movementspeed her passive gives to whoever she buffs.

Her R is what makes her ganks deadly while far away, or lets you hit your combo easily in lane. It's almost exactly as wide as the Baron pit's entry, making it one of the best if not the best initiator for a baron fight. The slowness of it doesn't really make up for how wide it is, making it impossible to dodge at closer range, although fairly easy at long range, assuming it wasn't coming from fog of war.
Awesome AP ratio, decent base damage and a 3-5 second utterly crippling slow.

The only saving grace is that her cooldowns are not that great. However, this doesn't really matter as much after she hits level 6 and can burst very hard. Her teamfight presence is absolutely devastating and this is where she really shines, dealing tons of damage with her ultimate.

Great damage and great cc only leaves room for mediocre escaping capabilities in the form of her passive, which is obviously still better than nothing at all.

I expect nothing but very harsh nerfs.

I don't think she'll be nerfed as support. Her mage side SHOULD be nerfed though. Not because it's good (because she's trash as an AP carry), but because seeing baddies playing her AP is sickening, and building AP on her is generally a noob trap. Landing her Q against smart opponents is WAY too hard, and too inconsistent to rely on as a carry nuke. Nami needs QoL tweaks AS SUPPORT. Lower those ratios, please.

Lesthrid

11-19-2012

Quote:
CynicalEffect:
Morello was quoted saying that gvining Sona, a support AoE CC was a mistake.

So what's the reasoning behind Nami's ult T_T

Nami's ult doesn't lock you up for 1.5 seconds, unlike Sona's. Sona's ult is also almost instant while Nami's has to catch up. They are different supports for different situations and team comps.

Supahjeenius

11-19-2012

I like her play style and all the only really complaint I have is her character design.
I think that her little helmet/crown thing would work better as more crown and less helmet.
I also think that It might be a better Idea to make her where a shirt/dress rather than having the weird fish suit thing.
other than that I think she's fantastic.

Zeniha

11-19-2012

EDIT: My bad, wrong thread. I find her to be a really great support to have, but it seems extremely difficult to land a Q when it needs to be landed.

VerdantDargon

Recruiter

11-19-2012

If you have to lower her AP, don't lower it too much. I'd really like for Nami to be playable mid. (also, why is it that in a 1v1 situation, both Annie bot and Lux bot go to Bottom lane?)

Also, Nami should have a hidden passive with crystal flask, where she gets a "buff" that says something funny when she uses/has it, sorta like the "this unit is a friggin ninja" buff.

EDIT: Not sure she even needs lowered AP ratios, since her damage output pins on landing her Q which is easier to dodge then many skills because it is such a small, slow projectile. If she does, they ought to be fairly minor IMO, because of the above reason.

Kuroiraishu

11-19-2012

Quote:
Kersallus:
Q- I think a lot of people are expecting too much here. This is an initiation tool. Blitz has a hard time landing hooks, Sona has a hard time poking, morg and lux have a hard time snaring. As support, if this was easy to land, she would pretty much overshadow all the other supports.

The main problem with her Q, is that it travels too slow. Sure those champs have problems landing their snares and grabs, but those are skill shots, not AoE spells. And Sona? All you have to do is get within a certain range. Her skills are quite easy to land since they auto target.
Quote:
Kersallus:
W- Splash range is really small. Would be nice if it bounced between two allies.

It CAN bounce between two allies, it just needs to hit an enemy first. Thus, it would be nice if it could bounce to an enemy minion when no champions are near so she could get the full potential out of the skill.

Quote:
Kersallus:
E- Good, but supports rarely build their ap, so maybe make the ratio better for end game? Also, I think the slow should be halved or nonexistent for ranged attacks, encouraging melee carries.

Nonexistent for ranged attacks? The current meta has the support going with a RANGED ad carry. Sure you get the occasional melee ad carry, but even with S3 coming up, I doubt the support + ranged ad carry role is going to change. Besides if it were useless on ranged champs, then it wouldn't be good for half the team since most mages are also ranged.

Quote:
Kersallus:
R- I think her ult travels too quickly. Ratio, base damage, and effect are fine. Would make more sense if the slow affected champions moving towards you, though.

It travels too quickly? When I played her, I actually had trouble using it in team fights because of how SLOW it was. At the moment, it's more useful to use trying to get teams running away from a fight rather than keeping them in a fight. Overall, I think her ult is pretty good, but it actually needs to move a little bit faster so it can actually be viable in team fights.

Lee Taemin

11-19-2012

You guys have really out done yourselves with this champion. She is tons of fun ;3.I think the main thing people miss when seeing champions is who is playing them. Before you guys use to mention how champions played well would separate themselves from those who do not and of course a good player playing Nami will have an impression on others as OP when of course that's not the case. Especially when some of the players in PBE have only had their mains up to lvl 20 and some with not that much experience compared to other players who are on LIVE right now.

I believe she has a lot of risk / reward trade offs. I thought her mana cost at the beginning was to high but after much play I see how you needed to adjust and it paid of very well. While her ult is not the fastest and maybe the most easiest to dodge and like others say, The same with her Q. It's knowing when to use them that will separate you as "OMG best support NA"
Considering with all the new changes coming I'd say shes about ready, but the only thing perhaps that might need looking at is her R. I'ts Cooldown is a bit to high almost feels like a global Ult cooldown but other than that amazing work and can't wait for it to go live.

TLDR: Amazing champion,tons of fun, good Nami players will separate themselves from not so good ones. Skills seem ready and fit for all the changes, ratios ok, seems 90% ready to go, Her R ults cooldown seems a bit like a global ults cooldown maybe needs a slightly lower CD but not by much. Looking forward to her release.

Bocelot

11-19-2012

She is going to be weak as long as W costs as much mana as it does. Plus the AOE on her Q is unfortunately small. Taric makes for a LOT LOT LOT more reliable lane partner. Nami's only real perk (besides E which doesn't last long enough) is her ultimate. But her ultimate isn't worth having such poor base stats and such a poor/expensive/piddly heal, and a near impossible to hit Q. She needs some buffing.

Penakoto

11-19-2012

I'm curious to those who've play Nami a bunch.

How exactly, is the best way to build her? I was hoping to build her as an AP oriented support, with full CDR, so I could do the most healing possible.