Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redbutton

11-19-2012

A missile speed increase or larger splash area on Q. Bubble is the only skill I have a big issue with. Great when it lands, but it's cast and travel time is so slow, it is extremely unreliable. Especially with the new masteries buffing everyone's MS. One on one, in lane, or as an escape it's almost useless because of it's slow speed and small radius. It only really becomes super effective in a team fight, but then you are just casting it on the concentrated action spot still hoping it hits someone.

I would also like the option to cast E on myself, it is baffling why this isn't an option.

Her ratios are good, but a slight increase to base mana, as she is extremely mana hungry early on and as a support has no mana sustain in lane, she's almost as bad as Zilean on the mana front. Perhaps if her W returned a bit of mana when cast on herself or something. Her health is low but that's not a huge deal as a support, but she doesn't have an escape(Q is not reliable) so if she's caught it's over almost instantly.

I foresee a nerf incoming to W's heal return.

A few tweaks and Nami will be one of the go to supports, her skills are amazing.

Grimwohl

11-19-2012

Q- I think a lot of people are expecting too much here. This is an initiation tool. Blitz has a hard time landing hooks, Sona has a hard time poking, morg and lux have a hard time snaring. As support, if this was easy to land, she would pretty much overshadow all the other supports.
The idea with new characters is different, not better.

W- Splash range is really small. Would be nice if it bounced between two allies.

E- Good, but supports rarely build their ap, so maybe make the ratio better for end game? Also, I think the slow should be halved or nonexistent for ranged attacks, encouraging melee carries.

R- I think her ult travels too quickly. Ratio, base damage, and effect are fine. Would make more sense if the slow affected champions moving towards you, though.

Overall, I really love this character. I can see people actually picking up melee carries because of her and the new items.

Filrin

11-19-2012

Quote:
Classick:
This is something I've thought about a lot, one idea we've thought of is a more debuff heavy support where their AP ratios scale the duration of their debuffs as opposed to damage. More than likely Nami will have her AP ratios reduced some, but we don't want to make purchasing AP feel like a complete waste.

I LOVE this idea. CCing is my favorite part of most pvp games, I like disabling enemies so my allies can tear them appart and knowing my allies feel safe having me around to protect their squishy *sses (yeah, lifetime support player here :P).

So I'll contain my instincts that tell me to burst Classick to the next game for that teemo avatar and ask, CAN YOU MAKE THIS HAPPEN? Specially soon (not Soon™) rather than later.

Salty Otter

11-19-2012

Finally played a game with Nami yday. She's pretty fun to play, altho her W mana costs are a bit too much IMO. She has very nice utility as a support as well. However.. like a few people.. I have a bit of a problem with her voice. When I first saw the pic of her on S@20, I kind of expected her to have an elegant and sophisticated kind of voice.. like Fiora only softer.

Grimwohl

11-19-2012

Seconded on the voice. I expected her to be more siren-like, sans that creepy echo sona and janna have. The voice she has sounds more like a short girl who has been in one too many street-fights in her lifetime. Which fits, but yeah.

l3ird

11-19-2012

Just a throw in the window but, The Q missile speed will probably need to be amped a little just to compensate lag and ping issues (while nerfing the radius of the land area a bit). Although it would be fine where it is but it's a bit of a hard prediction for people at 100+ ping.

Deicidal

11-19-2012

Her ult is just a tad bit slow, I mean come on, when you think of a gigantic tidal wave crashing down you don't think of it moving at walking speed.

Her W takes up insane amounts of mana and so I had to buy philo stone+Athenes and even with 8.2 mana regen I was still blowing through all my mana and had to base after 1 or 2 rounds of cooldowns.

bLark42

11-19-2012

The only thing I haven't seen yet is that since her ults range is comparable to Lux, maybe we could get a mini-map range indicator like Lux does.

I know that Morello already said they were changing her voice but I just wanted to say I love it. She sounds just like the Flame Princess from Adventure Time.

Aethern

11-19-2012

Her Q feels like Brand's W to me in terms of damage, dealing only 19 less base when targets are ablaze, with the same AP ratio, it also costs a lot less mana. In addition to that, it's somewhat harder to predict where it will land (more or less compensated by a smaller radius) and gets a 1.25 second aoe stun..

Her W lets her win most trades, may not have the best burst or heal but is definitely not the worst. The bounce range is even longer or the same as her cast range, which is pretty damn good. Like all heals, this can consume your mana very fast, but you have to keep in mind that the damage portion is not that bad, easily justifying the costs.

Her E is in my opinion her weakest spell, but only because the other spells are so very strong. In lane this will not be as useful if you play her as a mage, but it gives great chasingpower lategame, combined with the movementspeed her passive gives to whoever she buffs.

Her R is what makes her ganks deadly while far away, or lets you hit your combo easily in lane. It's almost exactly as wide as the Baron pit's entry, making it one of the best if not the best initiator for a baron fight. The slowness of it doesn't really make up for how wide it is, making it impossible to dodge at closer range, although fairly easy at long range, assuming it wasn't coming from fog of war.
Awesome AP ratio, decent base damage and a 3-5 second utterly crippling slow.

The only saving grace is that her cooldowns are not that great. However, this doesn't really matter as much after she hits level 6 and can burst very hard. Her teamfight presence is absolutely devastating and this is where she really shines, dealing tons of damage with her ultimate.

Great damage and great cc only leaves room for mediocre escaping capabilities in the form of her passive, which is obviously still better than nothing at all.

I expect nothing but very harsh nerfs.

Lesthrid

11-19-2012

For the love of god, lower her ratios. I'm tired of people playing her AP and failing horribly. Play her like she was meant to be played, LIKE SUPPORT.