Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Project Mars

Recruiter

11-18-2012

Quote:
Namikami:
It would be cool if her W could bounce on friendly/enemy minions but prefer champions. I know she is a support but I like to try out unconventional jungles and it would help a little more with her clear time. Since the coding is already there for some champions I don't think if would be too hard unless I am missing something.

I am okay with it not doing this because it would be rather heartbreaking to try to heal an ally in a small skirmish near a minion wave and have said ally die because you accidentally healed a minion.

Quote:
Lesthrid:
So much this. Her heal NEEDS to do something else. Make it give her target some armor or something. The skill is insanely costly for how underwhelming it is. It could give some sort of buff to the original target only, like an armor buff if the original target is an ally or reduced damage if it's an enemy. Just throwing some idea around because it NEEDS to do something else.

It damages an enemy champion, so it kind of does do something else? I get what you mean, but no other support healing spell can damage an enemy when cast, so it's unique in that regard.

TheBuhdazzla

11-18-2012

Nami's W is an absolute mess. It's one of the most disappointing abilities I've seen in the game so far.

It's totally unreliable, it's no where near worth the mana cost (even barring the double mana bug), and it just doesn't do anything...interesting. Cool, it's a Sona heal with no reliability and does negligible damage, in the best case scenario.

It's worthless outside of that "best case scenario."

It just seems really confusing to have all these posts from reds about wanting to make the game consistent, reliable, etc. and yet there's nothing reliable about that heal (or nuke) that's reliable.

The rest of her kit feels fun and fine.

Edit: Friend suggested to me that her W should get a %health missing component and higher bounce radius, all of which I agree would make it feel much better. Graphically, I wish her E had a stronger representation because ti's a super powerful ability and does not convey that currently.

Drakylon

11-18-2012

I feel that her passive is really situational, since it only procs on ally hits of W from what I've seen. Her Q is very hard to hit, since it moves so slowly and has a tiny radius.

Denair

11-18-2012

Quote:
Project Mars:
I am okay with it not doing this because it would be rather heartbreaking to try to heal an ally in a small skirmish near a minion wave and have said ally die because you accidentally healed a minion.

It damages an enemy champion, so it kind of does do something else? I get what you mean, but no other support healing spell can damage an enemy when cast, so it's unique in that regard.

Karma with a mantrad heavenly wave would like a word with you.

Kuroiraishu

11-18-2012

Not sure if anyone has brought this up yet or not, but I just played Nami a little while ago. I think her skills are awesome, but I feel her actual mana pool is a bit lacking for being a support. The cost of her heal was pretty well balanced to me, but even with buying mana regen and mana items, I was still constantly running out of mana. It actually made it quite difficult for me to support my team. I'm sure I could counter it with some runes and different masteries, but overall I felt her mana pool to be a little too small for level 1.

Sure Sona and Soraka barely have 300 mana if you go pure support with mana and mana regen, but Soraka also has a skill that has no cost and Sona has 7.0 mana regen (+.65 per level) to compensate for how often she spams her skills. Nami on the other hand has 6.9 mana regen (+.6 per level), and her cooldowns are low enough that she could potentially spam her skills, especially her q.

I'm sure this won't be changed since the 2 main supports don't have as much mana as Nami, but I felt that for level 1 to 3 she was mana hungry to the point that it was getting hard to compensate with items. I also know there are better supports to compare her to, but those were the one's I chose to go with. Another good compare would be Janna, who starts with about the same amount of mana, and goes through the same problem from level 1 to 3.

Perhaps it isn't even the champion mana pool that needs fixing, but supports in general. Most support champions are mages, and some adc's have more mana than their support, who is supposed to be spamming skills to keep them buffed/alive. That's just how I felt, not sure if anyone else has felt this way, and I'm not sure if the developers feel that way, just wanted to throw this out there for them to see.

ShotStone

11-18-2012

I have been able to play her once on the PBE and have seen her being played a couple of times. I think she is an interesting support with lots of CC and utility, similar to Janna, but I don't think she's quite where she needs to be to compete with the top tier supports of Sona, Blitz, Lulu, etc.

Passive
It feels underwhelming considering only two of her abilities can actually target an ally. It feels sort of like a single target Shurelya's. Maybe make the increase a percentage instead of a flat movespeed increase would feel better, or a higher boost that degrades over it's duration

Q
Difficult to land consistently since the particle speed is pretty slow making it feel clunky like Syndra's original W speed, and it is relatively easy to dodge. It feels similar to Chogath's Q except with a smaller area of effect. It seemed most useful during team fights when it is more difficult to pay attention to its landing area, and when being chased. But overall I like this ability, but maybe make its particle speed a little faster.

W
I feel like this is her signature ability but holy **** it costs a lot of mana! Even at level 18 using it once seems to use like 1/4 of her pool. The bounce distance seems a little short and inconsistent. It does seem to heal and damage for a good amount (I ks'ed a couple of times trying to heal my carry and getting the kill off of the bounce) but like others have said feels underwhelming. I felt that I could only plan to have it do damage or heal and whatever it bounced to was a bonus. Maybe making it bounce more with less healing/damage per bounce and making the bounce distance farther would make it better. Lowering the mana cost would be a major improvement, but that could be balanced by playing with the CD of the spell.

E
Overall I like this ability but it seemed to last too short (only 3 AA's?!). Also, it was hard to tell that I cast it on someone so a more prominent particle would be helpful.

R
Her ulti is great! It feels like a big Janna tornado that rips through the battlefield. The only thing that I would improve is the particle indicating if the wave was coming from a friendly Nami or enemy Nami since lots of waves crossing the battle was confusing.

Overall Impressions
She is pretty fun to play, but visually I find her model really large and her movements don't feel like they "flow" like a mermaid should, although I suppose she is a "fish out of water". She has ZERO ability to farm and clear minion waves unless she specs out serious AP which would limit her support capabilities but I suppose supports aren't supposed to farm. Still, other supports have more ability to farm when necessary. I think her Q would only damage like 1/3 of the health of caster minions.

Her health and mana seem REALLY low making her super squishy, and go OOM really fast from her W. She seemed to want to be closer to the action of the battle with the range of her Q and W but that seemed to put her at risk especially after using all of her spells since they are all on relatively long CD.

Anyway, I hope some of these kinks can be worked out because she seems to have potential and it would be great to have another viable support champ, my favorite role!

IivenotoneviI

11-18-2012

Quote:
Garzek:

Edit: Friend suggested to me that her W should get a %health missing component and higher bounce radius, all of which I agree would make it feel much better. Graphically, I wish her E had a stronger representation because ti's a super powerful ability and does not convey that currently.

Totally agree. Everything in her kit is great except W. Even if it didn't use 2x the mana, it's just not a good skill. In order for her W to have any impact in a team fight, Nami is forced to stack AP which is dumb for a support.

I also agree with giving her E a better effect so it is noticeable.

+1 all around

Edit: Actually, I think the radius on her heal bounce is good enough as it is. The only thing I'd like to see is more bounces per lvl. If you won't increase the bounces, then increase the actual heal amount. Right now, you can't even tell when you cast your heal because it doesn't do anything. It doesn't heal, and MAYBE will negate 1 or 2 spells worth of damage. In a team fight, it's barely noticeable.

PhantomX Destiny

11-18-2012

First off :good job Classick on Nami I really like her.

I played about 20 + games with her, mirror matches also.After reading this thread I wasn't surprised seeing some of the same problems i had with her. Here are my thoughts.

Passive: It really is negligible. This needs to last longer or scale per level.

Q: Way too hard to land and no incentive to level it up. I suggest increasing the travel speed a little bit and maybe make the aoe radius of the impact grow a bit bigger with each point you put in (Late game it's almost impossible to land with all the speed bursts from items,skills etc.. When a melee is chasing me "master yi,jax,irelia,etc" It's almost impossible to land and landing that q is the difference between life and death.)

W: Edit: Since Patch it's perfect

E: This is great except the animation is hard to see. (Sometimes I wasn't sure I casted it on someone and I never knew if it was over.)

R: This is a fantastic ult kudos.

Ability Icons: They all look so blue : / (Hard to tell a part)

Final Thoughts: Nami looks great and is really fun to play, I will definitely add her to my roster of supports. I just hope she gets the extra kick to make her all that she can be thanks to the pbe.

Cheers

Project Mars

Recruiter

11-18-2012

Quote:
Denair:
Karma with a mantrad heavenly wave would like a word with you.

ah, right.

geeze, poor karma. even players who like her forget about what she does from time to time >_>

Catnium

11-19-2012

i think she's awesome she has good ap ratio's and it feels like she should not be build using "support" items which i think is cool because it basically means she's a support that builds more like a AP bruiser

with the new support mastery's and gp5 runes she can rake in quite allot of cash as well ( 5g every time you aa on an enemy ...yes plz!!!! ) so she isn't as much dependent on actual gp5 items ..because you can just play aggressive support and earn gold by harassing your opponents with auto's

i found her mana costs to be acceptable considering she actually puts out quite allot of damage
plus i find her "troll"onhit build to be quite hilarious because of the amount of cc she has with it =P

also! inbe4 the nerf on her ult range ,not that im complaining but being able to disrubt 5 ppl capping a point in dominion + killing the hole minion wave they brought with them all from a save distance thats pretty much compairable with nids max range on spear is kinda ... meh Op'ish .. you guys might as well just make it global