Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

niSh

11-17-2012

she's seems good, support or ap mid, not over powered, but her passives duration could do with a slight duration increase

The 0regon Trail

11-17-2012

I feel as if her W does nothing... I don't know... Her Q is awesome her E is good, her ult is amazing but the W is so underwhelming.

As a whole, I love Nami, and I do plan to get her at her official launch

Lesthrid

11-17-2012

Quote:
The 0regon Trail:
I feel as if her W does nothing... I don't know... Her Q is awesome her E is good, her ult is amazing but the W is so underwhelming.

As a whole, I love Nami, and I do plan to get her at her official launch

So much this. Her heal NEEDS to do something else. Make it give her target some armor or something. The skill is insanely costly for how underwhelming it is. It could give some sort of buff to the original target only, like an armor buff if the original target is an ally or reduced damage if it's an enemy. Just throwing some idea around because it NEEDS to do something else.

Namikami

Recruiter

11-17-2012

It would be cool if her W could bounce on friendly/enemy minions but prefer champions. I know she is a support but I like to try out unconventional jungles and it would help a little more with her clear time. Since the coding is already there for some champions I don't think if would be too hard unless I am missing something.

Goddess Din

11-17-2012

I have fairly limited experience with her so far but from what I can tell I find her to be unique and fun to play, while being a strong asset to the team. I do have a few concerns/suggestions, however:

1) I find her passive is oddly clunky to use for a few reasons:

- The full-speed-boost for a very small duration makes it very hard to make use of. I'd love to see a longer duration but have it do that "falls off over time" thing like shyvana's W.

- I find there's almost no time you would ever use her E to proc her passive on someone (the only time would be to run away, but you already bring enough CC that the tiny move speed boost is pretty negligible). If your target is a ranged champ, the slow from the E procs makes the move speed from the passive seem irrelevant. If your target is a melee champ they don't really benefit from the move speed because melee champs almost always have gap closers anyway.

- Proccing it with her Q seems awkward. Proccing it with her R will happen every teamfight, but it almost seems pointless because her passive already has a crazy potent slow (70% for 3-5 sec is amazing). The only spell I see a Nami ever casting specifically to proc the move speed will be her W seeing as you can use that to hit it very reliably on two allies.

- I'm NOT saying her passive is bad or that her abilities are bad. I'm just saying that I really feel like you will almost never say "I want to proc my passive on x player right now", and the rare times you do I'm betting it'll always be her W that you use to do so. I think it would be a much more interactive passive if it was a stronger boost initially but falls of very quickly over 1-1.5 seconds instead of a flat mediocre increase. If that was the case, you could use it for clutch repositioning in fights.

2) Not Nami-related per se, but I'd almost love if more spells that had strong CC effects (Nami's Q) had a medium to high base damage (for laning presence) but literally no AP ratio. That way they could truly tune the skill all around its CC and per level damage and not have to worry about someone going AP mid with them and being broken.

I'm not saying "supports should not have AP ratios", I just really think it would bring an interesting dynamic to the game if hard CC abilities were more base-damage and CC focused rather than also having high scaling on them.

Not sure if that could work at all because I have no experience designing complex games like this (the most I do is basic 2-d side scrolling games :P), it's just some food for thought.

SpiderDave

11-18-2012

Quote:
Namikami:
It would be cool if her W could bounce on friendly/enemy minions but prefer champions. I know she is a support but I like to try out unconventional jungles and it would help a little more with her clear time. Since the coding is already there for some champions I don't think if would be too hard unless I am missing something.

Please, for the love of tennis, don't make a viable jungling mermaid.

Xhandel

11-18-2012

her W is extremely expensive, i see ultimates spend less mana than this ability, even blue buff is not enough to get her mana high if she starts to spam W, playing her at mid at least give me gold enough fast to get chalice of harmony, but playing as support... even the crystaline flask and the biscuit (from mastery) are not enough to keep my mana and help my adc as others support like sona or lulu do.

doesnt matter if that ability bounces up to 3 times, need to be ally - enemy - ally, not even ally - ally, skills like sona and taric's heals can heal both the target and himself, i dont understand why this skill cant bounce ally - ally.

the thing is, this skill eats too much mana for the things it do.

Tom McCoffee

11-18-2012

i think u should check the mana cost and her mana.
nami is a really good champ, but only takes a few "W" to run out of mana, making her less efective against harassing champs/supports in bottom lane (example: soraka, maokai, zilean, etc)
I use her with early mana regen and mana, but still...
"W" jumps :ally - enemy - ally.......... why not ally - ally ?

Uwielbaum Piwo11

11-18-2012

hmm....she uses to much mana on her abilities, overall satisfied with her

Miirik

11-18-2012

Quote:
forcemblem:
Tl;DR: Leona.

agreed, bad design when you can only do one single role effectively

but what makes it worse about leona is that with this 0cs meta, she can't get the items she needs to survive, I bring up the world championships and playoffs, when she was played she was played as the 0cs ward *****, which does not make for a very sturdy leona.