Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phar0ah1

11-17-2012

I think Nami is a great Champ and fun to play. She does do better with a bruiser as a laning parnter though as when I first tried her I was laning with Ez and he just didn't take advantage of her E her Q or anything really. Not to mention if you cast W on him it just bounces from him back to her and maybe a minion. When Darius came to lane he actually benefited more from her abilities. Her Q does have a small AoE but aimed at the right target at the right time can be game changing. A lil dmg and a stun makes a world of difference in some fights. Her ult is very nicely done as well. Doesn't do much dmg as a support since you don't spend too much gold on building AP items but it can disrupt an initiation or catch fleeing enemies so your team can finish them off. Overall I think she is a great new Champ.

Opheliac

11-17-2012

Quote:
phar0ah1:
I first tried her I was laning with Ez and he just didn't take advantage of her E her Q or anything really. Not to mention if you cast W on him it just bounces from him back to her and maybe a minion.

Not sure you're playing the same Nami, the waves don't bounce between allies without an enemy champion there (if there was one there it was working as intended) and it doesn't affect minions.

phar0ah1

11-17-2012

Quote:
Opheliac:
Not sure you're playing the same Nami, the waves don't bounce between allies without an enemy champion there (if there was one there it was working as intended) and it doesn't affect minions.

Uh there is only one Nami so yeah, I'm playing the same Nami. Her W states, "Active: Nami unleashes Surging Tides that bounce between allied and enemy champions. This ability can only bounce to each target once and hits up to 3 targets." So yeah not minions but it was hard to see with everything there during the game and if the enemy is too far away it does not bounce to them.

ShadyFox

11-17-2012

I just played a game with Nami, and I must say, her kit is very fun to play with. She has a very different play style from previous supports who were either very defensive or very offensive. However there were a few issues I noticed with her. First is her mana, pretty sure it's a bug but her W is using more mana that is stated and on top of that her mana pool is very small. In the early game is was extremely hard to support because after using 2-3 spells, I had less than 25% of my mana. Another issue is her squishyness. At around level 10 a malphite bot ult'd me and the ult alone did 57% of my HP. At the time I didn't really have much defense but that seemed a little ridiculous seeing as malphite's ult is not a nuke.

Few tweeks and I'm sure Nami will be very popular.

SufferNot

11-17-2012

I think she's a hell of a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to seeing how viable she is at supporting melee ADC like Fiora or Tryndamere, considering how her W works best on targets close to the enemy, her ability to speed up her allies, and the on hit slow she can gift away.

I do have one other thing to discuss, her skin potential. Hear me out on this: Koi Nami. It's Nami, but instead of a green fish body it's a Koi. Maybe stick her in a kimono while we're at it.

Thoughts?

KazuShini

11-17-2012

Quote:
Sageoffire:
It would be helpful to post her abilities and stuff so people know what to ask about

Here's the answer to your question:

Nami Abilities and Ratios:

(Q - Hydro Blast)
Sends a bubble into the air towards a targeted area, when it lands deals 75/130/185/240/295 (+0.75) magic damage to all enemies in the area of impact and encases them into bubbles. Enemies hit by the bubble are lifted into the air and stunned for 1.25/1.25/1.25/1.25/1.25 seconds before being dropped to the ground. [Cost: 65/65/65/65/65 Mana] [Cooldown: 16/14.5/13/11.5/10] [Range: 825.0]

(W - Surging Tides) Unleashes Surging Tides that alternates between allied and enemy champions.On Ally Hit: Heals for 50/80/110/140/170 (+) and will bounce to a nearby enemy champion.On Enemy Hit: Deals 50/90/130/170/210 (+0.5) magic damage, and bounces to any nearby allied champions.Can only bounce to each target once, hits up to 3/3/3/3/3 targets. [Cost: 60/75/90/105/120 Mana] [Cooldown: 9/9/9/9/9] [Range: 0.0]

(E - Aqueous Empowerment) Empowers an allied champion for 5/5/5/5/5 seconds or until they have attacked 3/3/3/3/3 times, their basic attacks deal 25/40/55/70/85 (+0.2) bonus magic damage and slow the target hit by 15/20/25/30/35% for 1/1/1/1/1 second. [Cost: 55/60/65/70/75 Mana] [Cooldown: 11/11/11/11/11] [Range: 0.0]

(R - Tidal Wave) Summons a Tidal Wave outward from Nami's position. The Tidal Wave briefly knocks up enemies that it comes in contact with and slows them by 60/65/70% and deals 150/250/350 (+0.8) magic damage. The slow duration increases based on how far the Tidal Wave has traveled, with a minimum duration of 3 seconds and a maximum of 5/5/5 seconds. [Cost: 100/150/200 Mana] [Cooldown: 150/130.5/110] [Range: 2200.0]

Nixzilla

11-17-2012

I love everything about Nami and plan on maining her due to being a support main.

Mr Mystical

11-17-2012

she's a great champ but her mana use is way to high -- I find myself out of mana all the time and if she's really going to support she needs adjustments to mana needs/use. She's a ton of fun to play. Love her ult. But the mana thing and having to build so much mana regen on her is an issue.

NadalKenlyl

11-17-2012

Her mana is very easy to run out of, I don't see any problems with her being used mid. Her ratios are good but high cooldowns and not a lot of good followup to her Q, which is very hard to land on one person who is actively trying to dodge it. I think her support role will be much more effective than her mid role, although I think it's cool that she has the option there.

A lot of her damage is tied into her ult as well, she won't be bursting anybody down without it. So any other burst mid mage will have an advantage over her, IMO, because they aren't completely ult reliant generally speaking. Her Q has a 10 second cooldown, and her W is 9. Even annie (4 sec Q 8 sec W) and veigar (4 second Q 10 W, although the W is hard to land without E 16 sec cd), two of the MOST ult reliant, have much lower cooldown reliable spells, so I don't think she'll be OP mid or anything..

An Upset Zombie

11-17-2012

I feel if she had shorter cooldowns earlier she'd be more fun, and more viable as a mid.

She literally can't do anything for another 10 seconds because her Q and E have very, very long cooldowns (they're still pretty long without max CDR). Her Q is also pretty hard to hit, but I think if it had a shorter Cooldown it would be much more rewarding.

I just think short cooldown spells make a support fun, and long cooldown, hard to hit spells are a no-no on a mage too. So yeah, please take that into consideration.

Other than that I think she's awesome!