Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wonqu

11-16-2012

Her healing ability consumes way too much mana.

Without Tear of the Goddess and a lot of mana regen it is not viable.

BraumBackMountin

11-16-2012

Quote:
Wonqu:
Her healing ability consumes way too much mana.

Without Tear of the Goddess and a lot of mana regen it is not viable.

Not really... with the bug it consumes a lot of mana... but you probably didn't read that... nor anything.

Nkighte

11-17-2012

I like Nami's kit, but I'm underwhelmed by her passive.

I feel that either the duration should be increased a smidge(or stack), she should benefit from it regardless if shes the target of her spells(meaning as long as she casts a spell, she'll get the speed boost), OR have an interesting interaction where she gets half the benefit passively while shes on the river(I mean, rengar and nidalee get the brush, let her have the river :P). My 2 cents :]

Firellius

11-17-2012

My feedback for Nami: BUCK YEAH!

It's been a very long time since a champion's felt this fresh, so much of a different experience. Her ultimate is the very first mage ability that looks genuinely overwhelming, like a force of nature, and she'll probably be my favourite support almost instantly!

Her skills are interesting, with the enchant effect and ally AND enemy bounce being entirely new, and the bubble having some really nice particles and effects!

That said, she does feel a liiittle bit unwieldy at the moment, and her enchant could use some extra scaling. Her passive also could use some help, since there's only two ways to apply it and both have a rather long cooldown for such a short effect.

Norlannan

11-17-2012

And once again another female support champ...oh well I think Riot likes it that way...and the communiy

Sadblue

11-17-2012

I think her mana pool is a tad bit low, but thats just me spamming e for my sivir
I think she is more of a support, and I think her playstyle seriously changes depending on which spells you max first.
I tried maxing e for the offensive support, and w for the passive/semi offensive support
I havent tried maxing q first yet, since i havent really tried her as an ap carry
Her CC is just too much for an ap carry i think

Adjucha

11-17-2012

Honestly playing her as a support you need a bruiser. You need someone who can get close enough to the enemies to utilize her W, otherwise it's a waste. I think she could be used well in the new meta, where you guys have as far as I can see, buffed up Bruisers. Nami + Jarvan might be a very powerful combo, as Jarvan can jump while Nami's heal is still going towards him so that it can spread. But I do find the mana cost on her W a bit too high, as I can only cast it three times early game without running out of mana. And for how weak it is early, eeh... I think you honestly need to make the mana cost early pretty low, but keep it the same late game.

- Adjucha

Repliku

11-17-2012

Hi there guys.

My opinion about Nami :

Passive : hell yeah, very useful, can be used defensively, offensively.
Q : not that hard to dodge, but when you get hit, you are punished. Not too poweful, not too weak, perfect.

W : not that easy to lend, may need experience to use it well, not too weak, needs you to build some AP tho to feel impactful late game (like most of heals).

E : Very nice spell. Benefits to everyone. Not too powerful (not a free BFS at lvl 9), not too weak, useful and strong. Perfect.

R : Ult. This ult. So satisfying to use, so much potential. Slow, so you can avoid it, but strong impact.

What i find annoying about it is that people can use spells while knocked up (well, my friend did, he shunpo'd while in the air, don't know if feature or bug). Something else i think about it is that it's AoE should start a little bit behind you. Because as big as it is, this ult is pretty easy to miss when you are getting jumped on by an assassin (aka one of the moments when you really need to be able to counter engage). Again, maybe i miss so much because of the high ping (i am from EUW), but that's the feel i have with her, and i don't have it with Sona's ult (my main).

Thanks for reading me and maybe explaining what you guys think about what i think!

LeyLu

11-17-2012

being a dedicated support players these are my thoughts:

q- is meh. very easy to avoid and predict. the activation time takes too long but if she does the duration seems a tiny bit too long.
W- hard to say 100% because of the current bugs, decent
E- very strong specially with some long poke champs. It feels extremely strong., 80 dmg.. just wow..
R- really long range but a meh at it's best. if targets are too far you will most likely not able to close the gap anyway so having it that long makes actually no sense to me.
in the current state she seems pretty fun but i dont feel she brings enough to the table. If her ulti would have a soft slow added would be better is Q would activate lil bit faster would improve her a lot.

Blackthorn

11-17-2012

Quote:
LeyLu:
being a dedicated support players these are my thoughts:

q- is meh. very easy to avoid and predict. the activation time takes too long but if she does the duration seems a tiny bit too long.
W- hard to say 100% because of the current bugs, decent
E- very strong specially with some long poke champs. It feels extremely strong., 80 dmg.. just wow..
R- really long range but a meh at it's best. if targets are too far you will most likely not able to close the gap anyway so having it that long makes actually no sense to me.
in the current state she seems pretty fun but i dont feel she brings enough to the table. If her ulti would have a soft slow added would be better is Q would activate lil bit faster would improve her a lot.

You're a support main and you have issue with the 2 spells that are amazing on her? Her q requires you to lead the enemy which imo is good for the support role I'm tired of not having play making skills on the majority of the champions I play. Her ult meh? With good ward coverage you can cast that wave and counter engage an enemy team with a watery reckoning and it can peel with vengeance. And you think e is strong? To me it is by far her weakest and out of place skill as it really doesn't bring much if anything to the lane and even less to teamfights.