Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wub

11-16-2012

Quote:
Raghnall:
Okay, good this is the first thing I noticed and good thing it is a known problem.

With this fix to W, she might become the new Vladimir mid, just healing all of your damage and also harassing you down while she does it. I'm just trying to voice my concerns to this as for the longest time Vladimir was considered one of the most annoying laners to lane against in the game.

Her cd's are longer than transfusion and the 120 mana cost isn't anything to laugh about - the heal is immense though. I'm really worried that if they do much to her scaling she won't feel strong mid anymore =( better play her ap on beta while I can..

Healsforhugs

11-16-2012

Quote:
PeachyHime:
I totally agree with you when you say she's in that weird spot of being in between Sona and Soraka. I want to believe that someone will bust out this amazing Nami, but as a Support main who mains Sona, I keep wanting more from Nami. I don't get that feeling like I'm actually doing something with her as I do with other supports. Be it in lane or the team fight phase, I feel like something is missing.

Would you say the feeling is more like, her abilities literally don't FEEL like they're making an impact? I haven't gotten the chance to play against a Nami yet, have you (or anyone else) played against one? Does she significantly make your team fighting much harder? For comparison - Janna support to Nami

Sheogowrath

11-16-2012

Is the splash art official, because it really doesn't look up to par with the rest of the latest champions.

Otherwise Nami is what's happening. I'm definitely gonna be maining her when she comes out. She makes Sona look sub par lol. Does everything she does, but with a little more flavor.

Sheogowrath

11-16-2012

Quote:
Sageoffire:
It would be helpful to post her abilities and stuff so people know what to ask about

You clearly don't belong in the PBE section of the forums.

PeachyHime

11-16-2012

Quote:
Healsforhugs:
Would you say the feeling is more like, her abilities literally don't FEEL like they're making an impact? I haven't gotten the chance to play against a Nami yet, have you (or anyone else) played against one? Does she significantly make your team fighting much harder? For comparison - Janna support to Nami

I have played against her, and it may be due to inexperience from the player but if she missed her Q she was useless. Her W I didn't even notice, and I didn't really see the E being used effectively. As for her Ult, it was def scary seeing it come through lane and it wasted quite a few flashes.

While using her, I really don't feel an impact using her. If you use Q as anything other than a kill secure stunning them at like half life or less the opponent will often get away. Her W does nothing but waste your mana and the damage is not noticeable. Her E really feels lackluster when your team has built the bulk of their damage. Even to an extent her ult is not that great, but it def makes a slight impact in TF, just not as powerful as others. If you are losing the fight you probably still will, but can be used as a disengage.

When playing her as an AP mid, I feel the opposite. She's quite bursty with the correct masteries and runes, her heal actually does something and the damage is def nice. Her Q has amazing burst, and the E allows her to have nice sustained damage, think of her like teemo with the ad and great ap damage on her AA. Her ult also brings amazing burst and sets up her Q quite nicely for as phreak would put it 'tons of damage'.

I feel support is def not her strong suit, but that's just me.

Decrous

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
It's a tough line to make a support "viable" middle and not overpowered, I'll try to get as close to that line as possible but it has proved to be quite difficult in the past.

Whether she is a good mid or not, i wouldn't doubt it if she was a good AP mid because her abilitys just chain together awesomely. Add a little AP and Cooldown reduction to that and they are gonna be strong.

Jeanesse

11-16-2012

Quote:
thiefymcstealer:
Something I'm surprised I haven't seen for supports is abilities that scale via armor/health/hp5/etc. In the current meta I can't think of a game where I've exhausted all the supportive items and still had a slot open for AP but I have built plenty of those other stats.

I think Nami would be a much more interesting character if this was applied to her - if her abilities scaled with her max mana (similar to Ryze) for instance. Since she's so mana hungry as it is, anyway. Unfortunately there are no support items that also grant mana, save Mikael's thing.

Healsforhugs

11-16-2012

Quote:
PeachyHime:
I have played against her, and it may be due to inexperience from the player but if she missed her Q she was useless. Her W I didn't even notice, and I didn't really see the E being used effectively. As for her Ult, it was def scary seeing it come through lane and it wasted quite a few flashes.

While using her, I really don't feel an impact using her. If you use Q as anything other than a kill secure stunning them at like half life or less the opponent will often get away. Her W does nothing but waste your mana and the damage is not noticeable. Her E really feels lackluster when your team has built the bulk of their damage. Even to an extent her ult is not that great, but it def makes a slight impact in TF, just not as powerful as others. If you are losing the fight you probably still will, but can be used as a disengage.

It seems like a lot of issues with her Q would be solved with a slightly larger radius. I feel a little hesitant about that because it is an AOE 1.25 second knock up. That's pretty scary, especially since she can spam it quite easily. It should be something that takes a lot of practice/skill to land.

I feel like her E is primarily a guaranteed phage proc which is strong depending on the situations. I wouldn't count on it for damage. It might be useful for harassing with auto attacks if you feel like it and it adds a little bit more damage for tower pushing.

W.. Yeah.. really doesn't do damage or healing but what other choices do you have for spells? Nothing reliable.. I think this really needs all the attention when it comes to changes.

I'm quite fine with her R. A lot of support's Rs won't make a team fight an instant success just because you landed it. What support ults do you feel do a better job? Right now, just because of everything it has, it seems to be the strongest support ult at the moment in my opinion.

TheMeta88

11-16-2012

How did this champion make it out of balance?

If Riot supposedly hates supports with heavy CC, see sona and Janna nerfs, and despises them then why create a support with SOOOO MUCH POWERFUL CC!

I mean Nami's ult is very similar to sonas. Her Q is just nasty. So what gives?

Im not complaining. I love supports! Im just shocked this champion lived through the balance cycles internally.

Decrous

Recruiter

11-16-2012

From some of the videos I've watched about nami, If she ends up being an OP mid. I think the first step should be to decrease the range of some of her spells.