Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeachyHime

11-16-2012

As most of us know, supports have been playing a bit more aggressively in lane. Focusing on harass and setting things up for the adc. As for where Nami sits, I like to think of her as the next Karma. She seems to work better with bruisers and the melee adc's.

Her Q is a tool that feels like something to stop the opponent from running away rather than starting a fight. This is only because of it moves rather slow, and with anyone paying attention they can easily avoid it. This doesn't really seem to help a ranged character at all, and if she misses the Q it has a horribly long cool down which the opponents can harass her and her adc out of lane because she really has nothing else. This may be due to her quite short AA range.

Her W has an oddly high mana cost for how effective it really is. If you put more than 1 point in it in lane. You will be running out of mana constantly, and it's quite bad as a heal AND harass. Even late game I find her W useless unless I'm stacking AP on her.

Her E is quite nice, since it gives that extra little bit of power for winning that quick trade, or maybe even a duel. It also provides a way to help with her adc last hitting, or pushing a tower down.

Her R is a great initiation tool, it feels good in lane and late game. It also helps catch those running away. This is the ONLY thing I think would keep her as a viable pick. Though once again I find it being extremely weak unless I build some form of AP on her, that being said it also safely sets up a Q.

In the end after trying her for a few hours I have to say she's extremely fun to play, but I feel she's lacking something that the current top support picks bring. Of course my experiences may be different from what others may have experienced, but these are my thoughts.

Healsforhugs

11-16-2012

Quote:
PeachyHime:
As most of us know, supports have been playing a bit more aggressively in lane. Focusing on harass and setting things up for the adc. As for where Nami sits, I like to think of her as the next Karma. She seems to work better with bruisers and the melee adc's.

Her Q is a tool that feels like something to stop the opponent from running away rather than starting a fight. This is only because of it moves rather slow, and with anyone paying attention they can easily avoid it. This doesn't really seem to help a ranged character at all, and if she misses the Q it has a horribly long cool down which the opponents can harass her and her adc out of lane because she really has nothing else. This may be due to her quite short AA range.

Her W has an oddly high mana cost for how effective it really is. If you put more than 1 point in it in lane. You will be running out of mana constantly, and it's quite bad as a heal AND harass. Even late game I find her W useless unless I'm stacking AP on her.

Her E is quite nice, since it gives that extra little bit of power for winning that quick trade, or maybe even a duel. It also provides a way to help with her adc last hitting, or pushing a tower down.

Her R is a great initiation tool, it feels good in lane and late game. It also helps catch those running away. This is the ONLY thing I think would keep her as a viable pick. Though once again I find it being extremely weak unless I build some form of AP on her, that being said it also safely sets up a Q.

In the end after trying her for a few hours I have to say she's extremely fun to play, but I feel she's lacking something that the current top support picks bring. Of course my experiences may be different from what others may have experienced, but these are my thoughts.

You're definitely much better at wording things that I am. It seems to be impossible to take what I'm thinking and put it into words.

Anyway, I'd like to think when it comes to healing supports, there are two ends to the spectrum, Soraka - Passive but high healing power, Sona - Aggressive, low healing power. Nami seems to sit in the middle, not really doing enough healing, or enough damage. This worries me, but I'm fairly confident in her team fighting ability. I would prefer her to be more on the Sona side of damage/healing.

St Demonbane

Recruiter

11-16-2012

shes an amazing support, the only problems i have with her so far is that when she uses her w on an ally or enemy she should get her passive move speed boost as well. and the mana cost for it seems too high that it causes here to go oom quite often.

dpadr

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
This is something I've thought about a lot, one idea we've thought of is a more debuff heavy support where their AP ratios scale the duration of their debuffs as opposed to damage. More than likely Nami will have her AP ratios reduced some, but we don't want to make purchasing AP feel like a complete waste.

Something I'm surprised I haven't seen for supports is abilities that scale via armor/health/hp5/etc. In the current meta I can't think of a game where I've exhausted all the supportive items and still had a slot open for AP but I have built plenty of those other stats.

Raghnall

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
I think once we get a new patch for PBE and fix the double mana cost bug on W this should help a lot with your concerns.

Okay, good this is the first thing I noticed and good thing it is a known problem.

With this fix to W, she might become the new Vladimir mid, just healing all of your damage and also harassing you down while she does it. I'm just trying to voice my concerns to this as for the longest time Vladimir was considered one of the most annoying laners to lane against in the game.

Rhaegel

11-16-2012

Can you put the celerity buff icon when it's effect is in use? There are times where I don't know whether or not it's active.

forcemblem

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
It will proc with on next hits such as Gangplank Q, Ezreal Q, Nasus Q, etc.

Quote:
forcemblem:
Nami + Runaan's Hurricane = wasted.
2/3 shots are going to the split target which may be minions/creeps/neutrals or undesired targets that you don't want to burst down.
Any possible fix for this?
Or will we have to take this into account when playing?

No comment?

+ I got downvoted for that, lol.

PeachyHime

11-16-2012

Quote:
Healsforhugs:
You're definitely much better at wording things that I am. It seems to be impossible to take what I'm thinking and put it into words.

Anyway, I'd like to think when it comes to healing supports, there are two ends to the spectrum, Soraka - Passive but high healing power, Sona - Aggressive, low healing power. Nami seems to sit in the middle, not really doing enough healing, or enough damage. This worries me, but I'm fairly confident in her team fighting ability. I would prefer her to be more on the Sona side of damage/healing.

I totally agree with you when you say she's in that weird spot of being in between Sona and Soraka. I want to believe that someone will bust out this amazing Nami, but as a Support main who mains Sona, I keep wanting more from Nami. I don't get that feeling like I'm actually doing something with her as I do with other supports. Be it in lane or the team fight phase, I feel like something is missing.

When I played her as an AP mid, I felt like I made more of a difference than as a Support. Nami has good AP ratios and can become quite bursty. It honestly felt more rewarding and fun playing her as a mage, than limiting her with support items.

Wub

11-16-2012

Are the changes you're considering going to make her useless as an ap carry? she's the most fun I've had mid in a long time, her current scaling isn't amazing but its workable, the current aps were feeling stale and she brings a really interesting zilean-meets-cc type approach to teamfights, I'm really excited to use her mid if you guys are gentle =/

Quackas

11-16-2012

I think she will be mana starved even after they fix the bug on her W, her e costs too much mana compared to other support buffs like nunus blood boil and her Q is 2 low on the mana cost they need 2 b swapped so that leveling Q makes it cost more mana but leveling E doesnt, keep it at 55 mana.