Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightVicious

11-16-2012

Couple of months ago, there was a summoner who requested a support champion similar to this. The post received a fair amount of attention from Morello. Is this this champion the baby of that thread o.0

p.s here it is http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2627189

Alezar

11-16-2012

Classick. I think she's very well done. I can agree with someone else that the only problem is the pretty high mana cost on W but someone posted that it's bugged so hopefully that'll fix that issue. Otherwise, all is good...her CDs are good for the amount of ulitity she has. Awesome job.

Opheliac

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
This is something I've thought about a lot, one idea we've thought of is a more debuff heavy support where their AP ratios scale the duration of their debuffs as opposed to damage. More than likely Nami will have her AP ratios reduced some, but we don't want to make purchasing AP feel like a complete waste.

That's a cool idea, I had an "anti sona" champion idea that dealt with auras and persistent effects who's AP scaled into debuff strength. Instead of songs she did magical dances that created debuffing auras.

notFREEfood

11-16-2012

Quote:
Xerxes13reak:
Couple of months ago, there was a summoner who requested a support champion similar to this. The post received a fair amount of attention from Morello. Is this this champion the baby of that thread o.0

p.s here it is http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2627189

Similar in visual concept (the idea of being a mermaid), but the skillset is different.

Calldadoctorboii

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
It will proc with on next hits such as Gangplank Q, Ezreal Q, Nasus Q, etc.

Question Classick - Does the effect also happen on hurricane's extra attacks? So with the Nami buff you'd have 3 'auto-attacks' all slowing 15% and dealing the extra magic damage?

jimmy the hand

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
It will proc with on next hits such as Gangplank Q, Ezreal Q, Nasus Q, etc.

Does it also work with the new split firing AD item? I forgot it's name hurricane something?

EDIT: ninja'd

NightVicious

11-16-2012

Quote:
notFREEfood:
Similar in visual concept (the idea of being a mermaid), but the skillset is different.

I meant more so that this champion was brought into being by the concept of a water based support ,asked for by the community. There were a number of other threads asking for the same, I simply brought this one up because A. both are of a mermaid like design, and B. one of the spells called for a "Vital Wave" that was changed in this case to a Tidal Wave.

The Supreme Dirt

11-16-2012

Ok just a thought on Nami...
was she designed at all with Melee AD Carries in mind? Her kit really makes me wonder.
- aoe knockup to allow the melee to go in without being kited
- bouncing heal that works most effectively when you are in close proximity to enemies and its max effectiveness is unreliable with a ranged adc
- magic damage which allows a quick burst
- an ult which allows said melee to keep up the chase
- a passive which aids in chasing and diving

she just seems to have a certain higher level of synergy with them than most other recent supports

Eyepop

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Nami's passive feels really weak. Could we get the duration buffed? It would help her feel more like a support and less like a CC-heavy Mid.

Healsforhugs

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
This is something I've thought about a lot, one idea we've thought of is a more debuff heavy support where their AP ratios scale the duration of their debuffs as opposed to damage. More than likely Nami will have her AP ratios reduced some, but we don't want to make purchasing AP feel like a complete waste.

I'd argue any amount of small AP feels worthless even when supports have scaling. Unless the ability is a shield or a heal with a high ratio (which don't even exist). By the time you even get a small amount of AP, other champions have MR. Most supports won't have MR pen. AP in my opinion is wasted on supports unless I'm trying to go for a lot of AP.

Why not try to put ratios on support skills, instead of damage?