Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Classick

Game Designer

11-16-2012

Quote:
Jampirow:
Is she designed to be a good AP mid as well or is she getting hammered like Lulu?

It's a tough line to make a support "viable" middle and not overpowered, I'll try to get as close to that line as possible but it has proved to be quite difficult in the past.

NoGoodInGoodbye

11-16-2012

How "Viable" do you think she is now as an AP mid? We just had a Ryze get stomped by a Nami and he said "Her base damages are too high" I think it was probably player not the hero but do you think she needs anything to be a "viable" mid?

Healsforhugs

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
It's a tough line to make a support "viable" middle and not overpowered, I'll try to get as close to that line as possible but it has proved to be quite difficult in the past.

May I ask for a reason why the design team bothers with ratios on supports at all? Why not high base values (for lane phase) and little to no ratios on her abilities so people don't take a high CC champion mid and destroy with them (second coming of Lulu).

hollowlite

11-16-2012

The only complaint I have is that the mana cost of her W is absurdly high. I need to rush a Chalice of Harmony into that new support upgrade just to make sure I'm not useless after I press W, because as it stands that ability eats like half my mana pool. Besides that she is great!

Opheliac

11-16-2012

Quote:
hollowlite:
The only complaint I have is that the mana cost of her W is absurdly high. I need to rush a Chalice of Harmony into that new support upgrade just to make sure I'm not useless after I press W, because as it stands that ability eats like half my mana pool. Besides that she is great!

Keep in mind her W is costing 2x its posted value right now until they patch the PBE again. But i agree that the base mana costs are also too high for this ability.

Jeanesse

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:

Please don't. We only get two supports a year, and the rest of the game can't wait to take our new toys away. Don't help them Classick, Nami is an excellent fill for a support role.

Classick

Game Designer

11-16-2012

Quote:
innervation:
For Nami's E, Aqueos Empowerment: I know it explicitly says "basic attacks"...so does that mean NOTHING else in the game procs it? Fiora ult, Gplank q, etc?

Can enemies be hit while they're in the air, either from q or ult?

It will proc with on next hits such as Gangplank Q, Ezreal Q, Nasus Q, etc.

notFREEfood

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
I think once we get a new patch for PBE and fix the double mana cost bug on W this should help a lot with your concerns.

Thanks for the feedback!

I actually think the double mana cost on her w is needed. When messing around with her I noticed that support mana regen itemization is very strong. Even if I went oom my mana regen was so high that I would have enough to use skills again in a second.

Classick

Game Designer

11-16-2012

Quote:
Healsforhugs:
May I ask for a reason why the design team bothers with ratios on supports at all? Why not high base values (for lane phase) and little to no ratios on her abilities so people don't take a high CC champion mid and destroy with them (second coming of Lulu).

This is something I've thought about a lot, one idea we've thought of is a more debuff heavy support where their AP ratios scale the duration of their debuffs as opposed to damage. More than likely Nami will have her AP ratios reduced some, but we don't want to make purchasing AP feel like a complete waste.

A2ZOMG

11-16-2012

Quote:
Classick:
Looking at the numbers, if Nami hits everything on a single target, which is entirely possible to set up given the ranged disables she is provided in her kit, her full burst combo at level 9 scales at 2.65, and assuming Q maxed first and 2 points in W, 610 base magic damage.

Diana in comparison assuming she hits everything with Q maxed and 2 points in W has a burst combo that scales at 2.9 and does 642 base magic damage. This burst hinges on Diana actually hitting Q initially and the opponent actually sitting in melee range for the full duration of W.

This is totally fair? Honestly you guys should just give up on making supports scale meaningfully with AP. Look at Sona. She has garbage AP scaling, but is an amazing teamfighter. Also Soraka needs a rework, and Janna probably needs minor quality of life buffs in exchange for AP ratio nerfs. Like, Soraka and Janna are still examples of "supports" that clearly work better mid lane than bot lane because of how they are designed and scale.