Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - feedback and questions thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Opheliac

11-16-2012

Quote:
Menea6587:
Are you using it outside of a trade? If yes, then riot should change the concentration of the healing per bounce.
However, if you use it during a trade, you have raw healing that is significantly higher than Soraka's at rank 1 and 2 and comparable at rank 5 while retaining a smaller mana cost with a significantly higher AP ratio.

The simplicity of the skill is great, but it's too powerful in a trade, ESPECIALLY if they buff it like you suggested.

Well I don't think so, since you only have 1 bounce per champion (ally or enemy) you only get the heal or damage once. I used the skill mostly while my carry was attacking so I guess that's in trade, it was simply too expensive to use it outside of combat especially for such a low heal. Not to mention there is no bouncing going on if there is no enemy champion.

Your numbers comparing Soraka are a bit off, or you might think the skill can bounce and hit the same champion twice, because Nami's heals scale 50/80/110/140/170 with around a .2 or .3 ratio. While Soraka heals for 70/140/210/280/350 with a .45 ratio. Even with the lower cooldown Nami's heal will end up costing about as much as soraka's but you have to cast twice early or 3 times later game to get the same effect. Sona's heal is more comparable, Sona's heal is overall weaker but faster and also at a very low cost that's why I suggested putting it between where it is now and where Sona is at 80 mana at max rank by lowering it to 100 from 120. Also like I said the damage could use tweaking too because it feels far too expensive to do so little damage to 1 or 2 champions.

Eyepop

Recruiter

11-16-2012

There needs to be some differentiation between friendly and enemy Nami ults. As it is right now, in testing I have no idea which ult to avoid (other than the general "that one's going towards my base and that one isn't&quot.

Ryceman

11-16-2012

Why is her AP scaling so ridiculous?

LoreSpydir

11-16-2012

Will she be released before, after, or at the same time as the S3 items?
Also, are all the S3 changes going to be released in one big patch or will it be separated out?

Muel

11-16-2012

Quote:
Opheliac:

Your numbers comparing Soraka are a bit off, or you might think the skill can bounce and hit the same champion twice, because Nami's heals scale 50/80/110/140/170 with around a .2 or .3 ratio. While Soraka heals for 70/140/210/280/350 with a .45 ratio. Even with the lower cooldown Nami's heal will end up costing about as much as soraka's but you have to cast twice early or 3 times later game to get the same effect. Sona's heal is more comparable, Sona's heal is overall weaker but faster and also at a very low cost that's why I suggested putting it between where it is now and where Sona is at 80 mana at max rank by lowering it to 100 from 120. Also like I said the damage could use tweaking too because it feels far too expensive to do so little damage to 1 or 2 champions.

I think the math is counting the total healing done ... if you manage to bounce the skill to 3 allies, then the overall healing is potentially higher, as soraka's normal heal is only single target

so it's not too great early game when duo lane, but maybe more useful in later ganks ... though I wonder the priority of the bouncing of the skill ... will it bounce to allies with low health first? or is it base on distance? and does it bounces to other allies before bouncing to enemies?

ColbyfanKazuka

11-16-2012

Quote:
N0dame:
That's like asking why Janna and Leona and yanno a butt ton of other support champs have aoe ults brah.

It's because Reds have specificly said that Sona's ultimate was too strong for a support champion, so why would they give on that is almost the same, but stronger (at least on paper) to another support champion. They are just making the same mistake twice

Blaine Tog

11-16-2012

How long is the total CC duration on her Q? Is it affected by CC reduction/Cleanse?

Will Nami need a solo lane's farm or will she be better off 0CS?

Pulsefire Waffle

11-16-2012

Quote:
Sageoffire:
It would be helpful to post her abilities and stuff so people know what to ask about

If you were on PBE like the forum suggests, you'd have already played her and known her abilities - just sayin.

Opheliac

11-16-2012

Quote:
Pulsefire Waffle:
If you were on PBE like the forum suggests, you'd have already played her and known her abilities - just sayin.

Good idea!

Kit + Ratios:
(Q - Hydro Blast) Sends a bubble into the air towards a targeted area, when it lands deals 75/130/185/240/295 (+0.75) magic damage to all enemies in the area of impact and encases them into bubbles. Enemies hit by the bubble are lifted into the air and stunned for 1.25/1.25/1.25/1.25/1.25 seconds before being dropped to the ground. [Cost: 65/65/65/65/65 Mana]

[Cooldown: 16/14.5/13/11.5/10] [Range: 825.0]

(W - Surging Tides) Unleashes Surging Tides that alternates between allied and enemy champions.On Ally Hit: Heals for 50/80/110/140/170 (+) and will bounce to a nearby enemy champion.On Enemy Hit: Deals 50/90/130/170/210 (+0.5) magic damage, and bounces to any nearby allied champions.Can only bounce to each target once, hits up to 3/3/3/3/3 targets. [Cost: 60/75/90/105/120 Mana]

[Cooldown: 9/9/9/9/9] [Range: 0.0]

(E - Aqueous Empowerment) Empowers an allied champion for 5/5/5/5/5 seconds or until they have attacked 3/3/3/3/3 times, their basic attacks deal 25/40/55/70/85 (+0.2) bonus magic damage and slow the target hit by 15/20/25/30/35% for 1/1/1/1/1 second. [Cost: 55/60/65/70/75 Mana]

[Cooldown: 11/11/11/11/11] [Range: 0.0]

(R - Tidal Wave) Summons a Tidal Wave outward from Nami's position. The Tidal Wave briefly knocks up enemies that it comes in contact with and slows them by 60/65/70% and deals 150/250/350 (+0.8) magic damage. The slow duration increases based on how far the Tidal Wave has traveled, with a minimum duration of 3 seconds and a maximum of 5/5/5 seconds. [Cost: 100/150/200 Mana]

[Cooldown: 150/130.5/110] [Range: 2200.0]

Classick

Game Designer

11-16-2012

Quote:
Healsforhugs:
I've been playing her as a support

Passive - Only complaint I could possibly have is that I wish it lasted a bit longer

Q - This ability seems fine to me, though it doesn't have high base damage, which is pretty much my complaint for most of her abilities.

W - I will assume it was supposed to be a combat oriented heal/harass where you cast it on enemies and it splashes to heal your ally. Unfortunately, it uses up way too much mana. I know this is to combat sustain, but the rest of her abilities aren't interesting enough or give us any reason to level anything else up. So, from my experience so far, if you get into a small skirmish in the bottom lane and use your W, you won't be able to fight again for a while because all of your mana is gone.

E - I don't really have much complaint with this ability either.

R - I love it.

Because of her mana costs, I've been scrambling to get mana regen just so I'm helpful throughout long team fights. I feel like her W doesn't do anything in any stage of the game, except in the lane phase.. that one time that you can cast it. My thoughts are, she either needs to have more base damage on her abilities to make up for her high mana costs on her W or more mana/mana regen.

Edit : since all her skill icons are blue, its hard to tell when shes actually out of mana

I think once we get a new patch for PBE and fix the double mana cost bug on W this should help a lot with your concerns.

Thanks for the feedback!