Need advice from the veterans, Taric

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Yeast King

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2010

So, I've been looking for a tankier character, not necessarily a full blown tank, i've tried shen, singed, poppy, and rammus, and they're just not quite for me. I usually play kass but it seems we hardly ever have a tank =/ so im looking for someone with a bit more survivability.
I've devised a build I'd like you guys to look at and tell me what you think. Its kind of expensive, but taric should never have to go b, so he can farm the entire game.

Runes: atk speed quints and marks(feel like this helps alot with the CDR on imbue +mana regen from passive.
dodge seals(tankier)
CDR glyphs(dazzle and shatter cooldown)

Masteries: I like 9/0/21 for the 9% cool down 15%magic pen and 15% summoner spell cooldown.

Items: this is in no particular order, and this is where i really want the help. He benefits alot from AP on imbue, AS for everything lol, then because he has decent armor anyways HP and MR

Merc Treads
Banshee's Veil
Archangel's Staff
Rod of Ages
Nashor's Tooth
Stark's Fervor

This gives you abt 300ap which is self heals of 700hp other ppl are getting healed for abt 500, attack speed of near 2per sec, if not 2, still havent gotten to try the build out with masteries. 100+ MR 100+armor 3k hp and nearly 4k mp. Also has a CDR of 39.65%lol. Tell me what you guys think, could really use some tips..

.....also suppose u culd swap banshees and mercs for ninja tabi and sunfire if need be.

AreYouReady2Die

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2010

I play him as melee there is a guide for it but, my dps build (mind you its most effective with my pink power ranger skin) is to go Manamune, Trinity Force, 2 Sunfire, Merc Boots, Banshee/Force of Nature.
AP I get Tear, Boots 1, RoA, ArchAngel, Banshee's, Randuins, Sunfire.

The best dps piece for him is the middle piece of trinty, I'm on my blackberry can't remember name zeal, ----, phage, bah. That can be turned into a Ap/resist item that's very good to, nashor's with manamune and that piece from trinity could be nasty as well, hadn't tried it, but should work well.

There are better choices I perfer rammus/ammumu/singed/chogath as a caster tank, they work well and with singed/chogath you can just get 3-4 RoA's and be a AP tank.

Whatever you do don't go taric and lane with a weak melee, your best friend is ashe/scion. With a scion I've hit 25/3 with little effort.

StardustxDragon

10-09-2010

taric is not really tank hes support

BrokenBoySoulja

10-09-2010

AS and AP? doesnt sound too great to me, aura taric is my favourite.

mana manipulator>merc treads>aegis>soul shroud

Then its a judgement call- GA, banshees, manamune- whatevefr you feel your lacking, in my experience AP never really helps much.

Kroghar

10-09-2010

I also wanted to try an AD Taric, or AD/AP hybrid, I never got too far though. Aura/Support Taric is definitely more beneficial to a team, but is a gamble in Solo queue. With some damage and short cooldowns you could support the main carry and then carry yourself when needed. I mostly just liked the idea of catching people off guard bum-rushing them with a hot pink Taric and mauling them. The build I settled on was Archangels > Zerker Greaves > Manamune > Stinger > Ghostblade > Brutalizer > BF Sword Item.

Thing is... I kind of realized that Sion is basically AD/AP Taric. Both have a ranged stun, Taric has a defense boost with AoE damage, Sion has a damage soak shield with AoE damage, Tarics passive returns mana while Sion reduces damage taken, Taric has a heal while Sion has a damage boost that grants him hit points. Taric has an ult that heals himself and grants AD, Sion has an ult that grants lifesteal and AS.

So when I realized that it seems like Sion basically IS DPS Taric, I decided to just try Sion... and was bored to tears.

AreYouReady2Die

10-09-2010

He can though full dps is more fun, nothings more insulting than a pink power ranger getting quadra kill's.. I've roflstomped quite a few tanks as dps with him, and he can still heal decently in the process. And a Ap 2nd tank, is a lot easier to survive with than a straight AP, running away from a teamfight with his tail between legs. Just having SHEEN haha I remembered the name, upgraded to AP alone helps. You say that like just cause he's got a heal spell, he can't do anything else, good recipe for a loss like having sona never use her Q ability cause she's support, makes it a 4v5 match with a healer.

Without tank gear, when you run in on teamfights you'll just get focus fired down and die anyways.

AreYouReady2Die

10-09-2010

To the responses while I typed, problem is a aura support taric is still not doing much good, aura sona > aura taric your nearly worthless in comparrison, dps/offheal is much more helpful for the team especially if the morons pick 4 squishy in solo que

gorgongaze

10-09-2010

as far as taric goes, i have about 100 or so games with him (if the old setup were here you could see my KDA with him, i have like 3:1 ratio for deaths to assists/kills) but he is more support/meatshield/diversion so your team doesnt have to eat the major attacks. i usually start my builds:

1. either ruby crystal/dorans shield (recently been using this, and with my runes page, its **** useful early game)

2. aegis of the legion - team boost, slight def. boosts, and hp. pick up ruby crystal if you want to rush this, dorans shield otherwise.

3. merc treads - 'nuff said, hehe.

4. soul shroud - another team boost, but gives a huge group benefit in the way of CD reduction and mana regen

5. starks fervor/guardian angel - starks if another beefy dps hasnt picked it up, as this thing gives a good offensive boost to your entire team. guardian angel is just there to make sure that you eating the major **** from the other team doesnt go to waste.

if you want to see my rune page, just look me up and check the one under "MUNDO!" hehe.

AreYouReady2Die

10-09-2010

Only one major problem, you have a pretty limited ult useage with that build.

Tarics ult is a way better aura for the team as a boost to killing power I've seen a lot of similar build tarics they do well for the team, but they kinda gimp the group. But individual skill makes the differance, maybe I do more as a offtank/ high kill dps than a aura support healerr maybe not /shrug. In a well balanced group <3 a good support only taric. Just most groups aren't.