Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - bug report thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Llywelyn

11-29-2012

Quote:
PuReXBeaTDowN:
TL;DR: Nami's W will only bounce if you target an enemy and you are in range for it to bounce back to you but it will not bounce again after that.

When you cast Nami's w, I found that it only bounces if you cast in on an enemy and then it will only bounce back to you, if you are in range, casting it on a friendly target will heal them but, if they are standing next to someone else, it won't bounce. Also if you cast w on an enemy and another enemy is standing next to them it will also, not bounce to them.

This WAS working... in a game I was in I had a bounce go from ally > Enemy > Self. Having the bounce radius made bigger helped a ton

Riot jayway

Associate QA Analyst

11-29-2012

Quote:
Mecha Chocobo:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Nami's ult appears to have an issue where if you cast it just before you die, the ability goes on cooldown but does not actually go off. It doesn't seem to be a channeled ability, so perhaps some sort of indication that this will happen if this is supposed to.

Noted. Thank you.

Also, @ all the comments about the W (Ebb and Flow) tooltip. I believe we be making a small change in the wording. Hopefully this clears things up about the bounces.

NinjaC

Recruiter

11-30-2012

This is a weird one i might have the replay i played her top and used her E and i transported to the fountatin for a sec then i was back up top. i was really weird also there was a poppy i was playing with that i used the e on.

AerithRayne

12-02-2012

[Game] [Minor-Major]

Nami's W refreshes upon killing an enemy in the Fog of War.

At least twice in a custom game, I set my W to finish off a bot fleeing into the brush. Most cases, if you hesitate, the ability is cancelled because you don't have a valid target. Sometimes, if you're unlucky, the ability goes on cooldown but the ability never truly went. Anyway, in both instances, the bot ran into the brush and the missile chased after the enemy, immediately telling me the enemy has been slain. Strangely, her ability has refreshed, even though I had just used it.

Steps to recreate:
1. Get the enemy champion low enough for Nami's W to kill them.
2. Cast W as they disappear into the brush.

This happened very early in the game with a Philo Stone, so it was not a strange/new item causes weird glitches, and then once later in the game against different enemies. Rank did not matter.

Komeiji Koishi

12-03-2012

So it looks like Nami won't be shipped out along with the preseason patch?

Quote:
Amariithynar:
That's specifically a design choice you guys at Riot made, that tenacity has zero effect against knockups.

Yeah, but Nami's in-game description for her Q says that the spell is a stun, and whenever you hit someone with it and they rise into the air there's a little swirly stun animation above them. By contrast it has a "knockup"-like animation (i.e. the targets rising slowly into the air in their bubbles) which can't be reduced by tenacity. So either the in-game description is wrong or tenacity should have an effect on the spell.

XxxKarma

12-05-2012

Quote:
OMGWTFROTFLBBQ:
So it looks like Nami won't be shipped out along with the preseason patch?

Yeah, but Nami's in-game description for her Q says that the spell is a stun, and whenever you hit someone with it and they rise into the air there's a little swirly stun animation above them. By contrast it has a "knockup"-like animation (i.e. the targets rising slowly into the air in their bubbles) which can't be reduced by tenacity. So either the in-game description is wrong or tenacity should have an effect on the spell.

The descrepency is the wording vs action of the spell.
The Spell says stun, the ability appears as a knock up. If the ability is a Knock up the spell is working as intended. Her Ult is a knock up for certain. If her Q is simply a stun then the animation is just a cool picture. If it is working as intended then the wording is just shy of what it really means. It would then be a Disable such that the target would be unable to act (aka knock up or displacement effect which are both unaffected by tenacity).

XxxKarma

12-05-2012

Quote:
Amariithynar:
That's specifically a design choice you guys at Riot made, that tenacity has zero effect against knockups.

pretty sure he knows this. His intent was to verify if the ability is a stun or a knock up since the ability READS stun but the animation is a knock up.

noticing the difference is vital to not only the game but to your post.

Maimikuba

12-07-2012

Just got namis bundle, and in my purchase history it shows that the bundle was purchesed but the koi skin says unavailable when i try and select it

Eletale

12-09-2012

Enemies trapped in Aqua Prison while in fog of war or inside a brush will be revealed and become targetabble for the effect's duration.

Myst Desdemona

01-31-2013

Quote:
Mecha Chocobo:
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Nami's ult appears to have an issue where if you cast it just before you die, the ability goes on cooldown but does not actually go off. It doesn't seem to be a channeled ability, so perhaps some sort of indication that this will happen if this is supposed to.

i'd like to redraw attention to this one, it really throws the game (unless its supposed to do so), the cooldown still goes off and the wave never appears, i just retried it in PBE and in NA server as well (and the cooldown on tidal wave is pretty long to boot)