Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nami - bug report thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot jayway

Associate QA Analyst

11-26-2012

Quote:
Amariithynar:
That's specifically a design choice you guys at Riot made, that tenacity has zero effect against knockups.

I'm well aware of this. I was going to ask if we could make the knock-up time shorter so it doesn't feel like you are mid-air forever but it seems if we do that, all the knock-ups in the entire game will be affected.

H2ojames

11-27-2012

No don't do that, there's no point. You aren't in the air forever. It's 1.5 seconds by the time you notice in the air you'll be on the ground

Llywelyn

11-27-2012

Quote:
Riot jayway:
A = ally or self
B = enemy

ABA

BAB

are the only two ways the W should interact assuming valid targets. If you are with an ally, there is no way to heal both of you guys unless there is an enemy to bounce off of. In terms of the "3rd" bounce, technically it is just the target you initially cast W on + 2 bounces.

So what you are saying is that it is not possible to go AAA , or BBB (assuming the first A or B is the cast target).. Also, AA or BB is not possible either? Hmmm

Unlike Sona (who gets her heal) the heal on Nami is single target unless an enemy is in range, then it HAS to go Enemy > Ally/Self > Enemy or Ally/Self > Enemy > Self/Ally. Would make this a good heal in battle, but very expensive during laning... unless you were to use it on a melee ADC in which case you could heal Ally then Damage Enemy (and if you are in range, heal yourself)... skill based healing... interesting notion

Dirty Dutch

11-27-2012

Her picture on my computer is completely black. It doesnt show anything. Not in champion select. Not in champion info, doesnt show the splash when looking her up anywhere. The only time i see her is if someone picks her and the game is loading. Her splash art is apparent there and once in game, i also can see her body and everything is fine.

Zepherus

11-27-2012

Quote:
Riot jayway:
A = ally or self
B = enemy

ABA

BAB

are the only two ways the W should interact assuming valid targets. If you are with an ally, there is no way to heal both of you guys unless there is an enemy to bounce off of. In terms of the "3rd" bounce, technically it is just the target you initially cast W on + 2 bounces.

i think the description on nami's heal needs to be changed. everybody (including myself) thinks that the skill just bounces between any champion in range. there needs to be a line in the description telling the player that the skill HAS to bounce in a specific order or else it won't bounce.

H2ojames

11-27-2012

Yeah I think her heal desciption needs to be changed, it's highly confusing.

I wish her heal would just bounce, that makes more sense.

Either way I just want her released cause I want my mermaid

TySRT4

11-28-2012

I was at 386 movement speed.... then went down to 376 movement speed when I used my Q on an enemy champion... it also happened on minions.

When I just cast Q regularly, it doesn't hinder her movement speed at all... only when you hit something. It doesn't show this in her tool-tip... so this has to be a bug.

I just noticed this.. probably from last patch done.

SDT 3rdwrldmrshl

11-28-2012

Quote:
Zepherus:
i think the description on nami's heal needs to be changed. everybody (including myself) thinks that the skill just bounces between any champion in range. there needs to be a line in the description telling the player that the skill HAS to bounce in a specific order or else it won't bounce.

I had no trouble understanding this, and even if you did its no different than some other champions tooltips. just test in game and you will figure it out. although it doesnt seem to hard to understand " Nami unleashes a stream of water that bounces between allied and enemy champions. This ability can only bounce to each target once and hits up to 3 targets. The damage or healing value is reduced by 15% with each bounce." Between allies and enemies, meaning ally to enemy and then back to ally or vice versa.

TyranosoarusRekt

11-28-2012

TL;DR: Nami's W will only bounce if you target an enemy and you are in range for it to bounce back to you but it will not bounce again after that.

When you cast Nami's w, I found that it only bounces if you cast in on an enemy and then it will only bounce back to you, if you are in range, casting it on a friendly target will heal them but, if they are standing next to someone else, it won't bounce. Also if you cast w on an enemy and another enemy is standing next to them it will also, not bounce to them.

Mecha Chocobo

11-29-2012

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Nami's ult appears to have an issue where if you cast it just before you die, the ability goes on cooldown but does not actually go off. It doesn't seem to be a channeled ability, so perhaps some sort of indication that this will happen if this is supposed to.