Thank you Maokai

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HerbaNoctis

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongeo View Post
None of the new lores have any pain. Not like Trundle or Mao or Urgot. Does success sell? I am a character without pain who doesn't have any conflict just goals I've achieved.
Nautilus isn't in pain, exactly, but it's close. It's incredible loneliness. He is isolated physically by his suit from others, he's isolated by his size, and he isolates himself because he no longer identifies with humans.
Varus also has exceptional pain. The only thing that still drives him is his pact with the... "thing" from the Pit of Pallas in order to avenge his family. Once he avenges them, he will have done what he wanted and he will be free to leave this life which will then hold nothing for him. Nothing to love any longer, and nothing to hate any longer. He has lost everything he knew and has given up everything he was for this.
Diana is very much in pain as well. She was betrayed by her people who ridiculed her and attempted to kill her for speaking out. Her story is about her abandoning the main path and walking the lonesome road because she truly believes in it. Did you listen to her login song? It's incredibly moving.

Vongeo

11-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Glad his VO had a positive effect on you
Retcons later after taking credit(kinda) for the VO.

Morec0

11-08-2013

Quote:
Retcons later after taking credit(kinda) for the VO.
You resurrected a year-old post to trash an otherwise completely positive Red Poster's comment by reading too much into it? Seriously?

Vongeo

11-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morec0 View Post
You resurrected a year-old post to trash an otherwise completely positive Red Poster's comment by reading too much into it? Seriously?
It was to an extreme, my comment, but This thread shows the goodness in mao's old lore and the disregard riot feels for stories that they know people have connected too.

Brent Schroeder

11-08-2013

Old lore was better, but no need to whine about the change.

Vongeo

11-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sklera View Post
Old lore was better, but no need to whine about the change.
So just lay down and take it.

If they made mickey mouse a Rabid chicken would you not complain?

Stories are important, and shouldn't be removed for sleek new stories for sleek new stories sake.

Vongeo

11-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbaNoctis View Post
Nautilus isn't in pain, exactly, but it's close. It's incredible loneliness. He is isolated physically by his suit from others, he's isolated by his size, and he isolates himself because he no longer identifies with humans.
Varus also has exceptional pain. The only thing that still drives him is his pact with the... "thing" from the Pit of Pallas in order to avenge his family. Once he avenges them, he will have done what he wanted and he will be free to leave this life which will then hold nothing for him. Nothing to love any longer, and nothing to hate any longer. He has lost everything he knew and has given up everything he was for this.
Diana is very much in pain as well. She was betrayed by her people who ridiculed her and attempted to kill her for speaking out. Her story is about her abandoning the main path and walking the lonesome road because she truly believes in it. Did you listen to her login song? It's incredibly moving.
I think By new I meant post Jayce. I forget the order of champions.

Tortferngatr

11-10-2013

Quote:
So just lay down and take it.

If they made mickey mouse a Rabid chicken would you not complain?

Stories are important, and shouldn't be removed for sleek new stories for sleek new stories sake.
It would certainly make Disney's "Disney" work (i.e. not anything Disney bought up) a bit more interesting...