Maokai's new lore is actually really good

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trolosaurus

11-08-2013

Props to whoever wrote it, good background and expansion of lore.
Still no reason he joined the League but that hasn't been a thing for some time now.

moogle890

11-08-2013

I agree. I was very skeptical about it at first, but it actually wasn't half bad.

Great Owl

11-08-2013

I don't see why he is a forest spirit now, its a big **** - you to his central premise: that he wants to return to a natural state of inanimacy, and that summoners ****ing around with magic is bad. Also Maokai being a canon Oak just happened because Riot has a terrible imagination and doesn't know any cool trees. I'm ok with the undead stuff though.

SecretLore

11-08-2013

To be honest it was kinda lame for maokai to randomly appear on the twisted treeline and wanting to die anyway

The new lore is good,he is finally a good champion from the shadow isles and it also gives us a nice impression on how the shadow isles became a land of the dead,something that i always wanted to know.

Vongeo

11-08-2013

The lack in inanmcy ****s his whole sucidal theme. I feel like Kitae finally managed to read through the lorax and then slapped it onto maokai.

Morec0

11-08-2013

UUuuuuuggghhhh, it was good, in my opinion, until the McGuffin of the "last of the Shadow Isles' lifeforce!" I DON"T LIKE REDEMPTION STORIES!!! If you're going to make something evil, KEEP IT ****ING EVIL!!!

Aside from that, it isn't a bad lore. I have my problems with it but it ties him in nicely with the Shadow Isles and it still enjoyable. The lack of a reason for joining the League... Are you all BLIND? He joined the League to help protect himself from the other minions of the Shadow Isles! If you were a creature of death, getting your powers FROM death, would YOU want life brought BACK to your homeland?

Ebonmaw Dragon

11-08-2013

http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...okai.joke2.ogg

"Animals are lazy. We plants produce our own food."

This contradicts the new lore a bit, he is now a spirit not a tree.

Anyways i have to admit that the new lore is good... But i liked the old story behind Maokai and the old TT

Morec0

11-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebonmaw Dragon View Post
http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...okai.joke2.ogg

"Animals are lazy. We plants produce our own food."

This contradicts the new lore a bit, he is now a spirit not a tree.

Anyways i have to admit that the new lore is good... But i liked the old story behind Maokai and the old TT
Well, he HAS been in that tree for SOME time. Identity issues? Or it could just be, you know, a joke, using his new appearance to lend itself to it. Like when I dressed up as Walter White for Halloween and answered everyone who asked me "are you Heisenburg?" with "You're god-damn right."

Was I? No, but I got a kick out of answer the question like that. Was hilarious.

SecretLore

11-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morec0 View Post
UUuuuuuggghhhh, it was good, in my opinion, until the McGuffin of the "last of the Shadow Isles' lifeforce!" I DON"T LIKE REDEMPTION STORIES!!! If you're going to make something evil, KEEP IT ****ING EVIL!!!
What are you talking about?Maokai was never evil to begin with,neither in his new lore nor in his old one

Morec0

11-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretLore View Post
What are you talking about?Maokai was never evil to begin with,neither in his new lore nor in his old one
I'm not talking about Maokai, I'm talking about the Isles. His lore is some manner of buildup for the Isles to be purified, for THEM to be redeemed: AND I HATE THAT!!!!