Suggestion: Allow players to "Gift" stuff bought with RP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dulu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

On Steam, when you go to purchase a game, it gives you the option: Would you like to buy this game for yourself, or for a friend?

I'd like the option to be able to purchase a skin or champion with my own RP, and have it sent to a friend's account. Just because I want to be a nice person and make my friends happy.

Sure, I could buy a Riot gift card and give them the #.. but that removes the surprise of them logging on and seeing "Dulu has gifted you a Foxfire Ahri skin!"

That's all, thanks a lot Riot...

Kyuubey

11-15-2012

Hack someone with RP -> Gift their RP to you.

fishnchipsmate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

are you saying gift the RP, or only the purchases? if you can gift RP, you jsut create an account, lvl it to 5, gift the RP to yourself.

Dulu

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnchipsmate View Post
are you saying gift the RP, or only the purchases? if you can gift RP, you jsut create an account, lvl it to 5, gift the RP to yourself.
What exactly does this accomplish?

I want to be able to buy a skin for a friend, who is short on money - without having to read them a gift card # or give them my CC#.

Quote:
Hack someone with RP -> Gift their RP to you.
Uh.. Or hack someone with RP, keep the account, change the name? Accomplishes exactly the same thing, and that's how the game currently is.

fishnchipsmate

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulu View Post
What exactly does this accomplish?

I want to be able to buy a skin for a friend, who is short on money - without having to read them a gift card # or give them my CC#.
i was just asking. If you're just saying gift purchases, then that seems like a great idea, altho i doubt riot will ever do it.

Dulu

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnchipsmate View Post
i was just asking. If you're just saying gift purchases, then that seems like a great idea, altho i doubt riot will ever do it.

Ah ok, I just misunderstood your question.

Yeah, I just want to be able to purchase something on my account "as a gift" - it will be marked as such when you buy it, and you type the person's name in. Then you just complete the purchase, and it shows up on their account, that it's a gift from you.