Darius, viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrShroob

11-15-2012

I was considering Darius.

I know he's the 'ks master' and everyone hates him, but just how good is he actually?

He has no sustain or escape, so is he really 'good' or just overhyped? How does he fare against other popular tops?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

I don't own him and have never played him on a free rotation. However, he is used not uncommonly at the professional level of play, which indicates to me that he is viable.

Still, as a 6300 champ, he probably isn't your best bet if you're new. Garen has some similarities, and is very cheap, so he may suit you better for now. Then again, I don't really know what you're looking for in a champion, so that may not help.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-15-2012

Garen and Darius are similar in the same way an elephant and a mouse both have tails...

TehomCD

11-15-2012

Darius is solid. He wins some matchups against other very strong tops (he typically beats Irelia, for example) if there's no jungle interference, and like most stronger tops will snowball and win the lane regardless of matchup if he gets an advantage due to an early jungle gank. He has weak matchups, and can be vulnerable to kiting, but is a very strong champion overall. I don't feel he's OP, at least no moreso than any of the other strong toplane champions, but he's definitely not weak.

Míley Dyrus

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrShroob View Post
I was considering Darius.

I know he's the 'ks master' and everyone hates him, but just how good is he actually?

He has no sustain or escape, so is he really 'good' or just overhyped? How does he fare against other popular tops?
Build him as a supertank- you don't need an escape because people will be running from you as you pull them in. Add an ultimate that does massive damage without even building damage and you'll understand why there's a level of hype around him.

CabalFan

11-16-2012

I have totally sold out to your idea

Skoonie

11-16-2012

Darius, vialbe?

I honestly laughed my ass off when I read this. Darius is an excellent champion. Just remember that he's an all-or-nothing champion; his kit has no escapes, so don't start fights you can't finish.

trg1234

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTangerine View Post
Build him as a supertank- you don't need an escape because people will be running from you as you pull them in. Add an ultimate that does massive damage without even building damage and you'll understand why there's a level of hype around him.
I would not build him as a tank as he never and will not be a true tank I usually build him full out ad except for boots and either rand. omens or maw

Apocalyptic Tear

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Garen and Darius are similar in the same way an elephant and a mouse both have tails...
Wow. Considering your position of importance, i'd of expected better. In case you didnt notice, this is the 'new player' forum, so i think you making a mockery of someone suggesting something to help annother player is rather immoral.

TRex441

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalyptic Tear View Post
Wow. Considering your position of importance, i'd of expected better. In case you didnt notice, this is the 'new player' forum, so i think you making a mockery of someone suggesting something to help annother player is rather immoral.
You must be new here...
Yea he's a common sight, most of the time playing the roll of superior nerd who rages very passive aggressively and tries to be very intelligent when trolling. There's nothing you can do about him but ignore him and realize he's not worth baiting into a conversation.

I'm already dreading the response were bound to get from him, he's the type of person who's maturity level won't allow him to let remarks like this go without a really long explanation of why he's superior or a really short response he thinks is clever.

Good luck out there!