Homeguard Boots

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

11-17-2012

-7 charges, -5% CDR, -5 MrPen as well, yeah.

Also, seems you now will get a charge every 1.5 seconds and not every 1 second. So maybe people will be able to not have a stack, sometimes?

Tempestphile

11-17-2012

With tier 3 boots coming, is it worth considering limiting / removing boots of mobility

It could potentially push the MS to the top, and allow backdoor play all day.
Backdoor is fun and valid if played well, but having someone backdoor all day makes the game worst then pacman.

This is especially targeted at low elo

On the other hand, champs who use boots of mobility effectively in battle should get some other boots that could compensate that (though there is the buff to swiftness too)

Jimyd

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Live team disabled just about everything for CS, TT, and PG since those maps are outside their domain of familiarity. I already went through and enabled the ones I thought would be good, and left out the ones I felt would be abusive.

It's really up to you guys whether or not we keep Homeguard in. I'm tempted to try it for one patch "just to see", but I don't really like the implications of it being an ubiquitous buy.
15 minute que times in Dominion, not like anyone plays it anyways. This is NA California at 8:00 PM on a Weekend.

DiscworldDeath

11-17-2012

Tempestphile, why? They mostly don't really give more flat MS, and 15 more MS for 500 gold is meh.

Demonite10

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Live team disabled just about everything for CS, TT, and PG since those maps are outside their domain of familiarity. I already went through and enabled the ones I thought would be good, and left out the ones I felt would be abusive.

It's really up to you guys whether or not we keep Homeguard in. I'm tempted to try it for one patch "just to see", but I don't really like the implications of it being an ubiquitous buy.
Please don't include Homeguard in Dominion. Earlier today, I saw a Rammus flying across the map because he had Mobility boots, Ghost, Homeguard, and had just Revived. I might even be able to find a replay of how ridiculous it is. The lulzy backdooring thing that turned off so many people to Dom would come right back...people spamming Zilean, Rammus, Hecarim ect ect. It'd be a terrible thing to do =(

DiscworldDeath

11-17-2012

Nome already confirmed in a post he made the Homeguard Boots will not be coming over.

Cauldrath

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
But now it burns for 2 seconds instead of 3.

So before it was 5% HP per burn (not DoT), now it'd be a total of 3.5%.
So no, they're not buffing it.

Cauldrath, shame on you for presenting missing information in this manner

4 second DoT will have 6 ticks instead of 7, so it'd be 10.5% HP rather than 11.69% HP.
The point was that it's stronger as long as you can maintain the debuff on your target, so it will be stronger on the champs it was strong on before, but weaker on the mages who could really use some help. Morgana hitting you with Dark Binding will get 3.5% instead of 5%. Amumu crying on top of you will deal 31.5% damage in the 18 seconds you can maintain stacks, while he would have only dealt 30% in that amount of time before.

DiscworldDeath

11-18-2012

Except, you make a calculation that a person gets to use all their stacks on someone... games don't work that way.

DoTs had been affected.

Let's say an Amumu sits on 2 people for 6 seconds.
Before the change, each would be hit by 9 charges for 15.03% of their HP.
Now each would be hit by 8 charges for 14% of their HP.

Most people won't get to burn all their charges on you, so the 1 second less matters.

Cauldrath

11-18-2012

The problem is that the 1 second less matters more to non-DoTs than to DoTs. In your example, Amumu is still dealing 93% of the damage he was before. Teemo shrooms are dealing 90% of the old damage. Non-DoTs are dealing 70% of the old damage. The longer the sustained damage, the better, and the damage is applied faster than before. If Amumu needs to deal 10% health damage from BFT to kill someone, now he can do it in 5.7 seconds, while before it would take 6 seconds.

Let's look at one of the stupider cases of BFT working well: Ashe with 2.4 second Volleys. Before, she was dealing 5% every 3 seconds or 1.66% per second, as she would keep the DoT ticking constantly. Now, she deals 3.5% every 2.4 seconds or 1.46% per second. She's dealing 88% of her old damage with this nerf.

Now, let's compare with one of the mages that needs the most help right now: Xerath. With max CDR, you can hit someone with your Q every 3 seconds. With a 3 second tick, he was able to keep the DoT going continuously, getting as much DPS from it as anyone else, if you could keep landing the skill shots. Now, though, he only gets 2 every 3 seconds. He is doing 70% of his old damage.

DiscworldDeath

11-18-2012

They also nerfed the number of charges.

Before, Amumu could be in melee with two targets for 9 seconds and give each 12 charges.

Now if he stays in melee with both for 9 seconds he'll give each 9 charges. Your examples make use of infinite stacks, which isn't the case either. You're making the best comparisons for the BFT, and it still doesn't really come out ahead.

Two-pronged assault.

DoTs burn for a second less. The item also gives less stats per gold, especially MrPen, which is also a decrease in damage, though it's kind of in the air due to the S3 penetration changes - but until you get a void-staff it's a flat nerf on damage.

Also, Xerath is getting a huge boost from the %pen change coming. Finally, the BFT was too strong on everyone, and exceedingly overpowered on DoT champs. It's not that most mages really needed the level of power it gave them, and the Sweeper buff, and Wooglet's.